Brandon Aiyuk will be a Bills target based off Beane's comments

DJB

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Zay Day

Ray Ray

Austin Proehl

None of them are even on the active roster. Not even as the #6.

Beane has nothing to do with Zay Jones. He wasn’t GM when the Bills drafted him. He traded him away. Ray Ray and Prohel were late round picks swing and misses. Stop your nonesense. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Zay Day

Ray Ray

Austin Proehl

None of them are even on the active roster. Not even as the #6.

i get Zay, but the other two were very late picks who cares? Those two don’t really bolster your argument.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DJB said:

6'0 205

Wingspan of 81”, which is the equivalent of someone 6’9”.

40 yard - 4.5

Vertical - 40 inches

Broad - 128

(For those that want to watch a highlight video and not read entire post)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bills-gm-brandon-beane-falcons-gm-thomas-dimitroff-join-stf/id1227006689?i=1000463331888

BRANDON BEANE:

"Receivers, tight ends, I like to call them touchdown makers, guys that can get the ball in their hands, to take the pressure off Josh, so he doesn't feel like he has to make every play himself, let me dump this little 6 yard hitch route, have the WR make the guy miss and take it 50"

Aiyuk is a YAC monster. His tape is full of examples where he takes the ball to the house. Short throws and long throws.

Hes also one of the best on tape to me at creating seperation at the beginning and top of the route. That's a big plus for any QB . 

Bills speak often of versatility and that it's a plus. Maybe not a sexy stat but one nonetheless:

While he may not be the big name like Jefferson, Ruggs  Higgins, Lamb and Jeudy, to me Aiyuk is a terrific WR prospect and no doubt a possible target by the Bills in round 1 / early round 2.  

I am a fan. Aiyuk at #22 is certainly a pick I could be on board with. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

i get Zay, but the other two were very late picks who cares? Those two don’t really bolster your argument.

The Bills WR group cares.  You know, the one we are desperately trying to fill, and have been since losing Sammy Watkins and Roberts Woods 3 years ago?

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

The Bills WR group cares.  You know, the one we are desperately trying to fill, and have been since losing Sammy Watkins and Roberts Woods 3 years ago?

but ray ray and austin were never going to be much more than ST contributors. Idk maybe people had higher hopes for them. Not me. The wr corps needs updating for sure. I wouldn’t call those two guys bad misses though.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

but ray ray and austin were never going to be much more than ST contributors. Idk maybe people had higher hopes for them. Not me. The wr corps needs updating for sure. I wouldn’t call those two guys bad misses though.

So is this how it works? If a late round pick can't even make the team over an UDFA when your WR group is full of bums, it means NOTHING, but when you are able to find contributors, you're a genius?

Man, McBeane is playing with house money.

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

So is this how it works? If a late round pick can't even make the team over an UDFA when your WR group is full of bums, it means NOTHING, but when you are able to find contributors, you're a genius?

Man, McBeane is playing with house money.

Nah man misses are misses but Beane gets slack because he’s hit on other areas. Pretty simple. The bad picks and bad moves are still there no one forgets them. I’m just saying he’s evened those out.

3 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I like him a lot but the Bills will need to trade up into the top of the 2nd round to have a shot imo. He may even go late 1st.

I’d be fine trading up in 2nd.  Go BPA in first then trade up and he’s likely BPA. 

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It’s difficult for me to have just one, but the fact that he’s my WR5 in this class says a lot about both him and this class.

Jeudy 

Lamb

Jefferson 

Ruggs

Aiyuk 

Hes my 5th as well. 

What's your top 5? 

I have guys ranked 15 and beyond lol

Edited by DJB

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

Aiyuk is very talented, and good with the ball in his hands. A few too many drops to be a first rounder imo

Why are talking about a guy listed at 5"11 who ran a average 4.5 forty,  either really fast or 6'3 or bigger.  This guy look like another Zay Jones,  i hope someone takes him before us so we don't waste a pick on him