Brandon Aiyuk will be a Bills target based off Beane's comments

DJB

I’m fine with that, what’s his catch percentage? Found it, 86.6 percent 

Edited by Don Otreply

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

How’s his ability to snag the back shoulder throw?  I’ve been watching Denzel Mims a bunch lately and that catch radius/back shoulder greatness is really tempting.  

what does allen need more?  A wr that can compliment what he’s already pretty good at, the short route that always the wr to do his thing?  Or, a WR that can help him improve on his poor deep ball %.  A guy that doesn’t have to be open to make a play.  A guy that allows allen to throw it up and let him get it and also some leeway on the mid range/deep accuracy because he can can snag them?  

No WR is going to help Josh improve much on the long ball. He's not missing the receivers by a yard or so but by 5 yard overthrows. Josh needs to find a way to get better on those throws himself. When he gets close, then the WR can help him. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You know you don’t have to click the thread, right?

WR discussion seems to bother you in an oddly specific way.

You know you dont have to comment on my posts, right? Seems to attract you an oddly specific way.

If nothing else these threads are fantastic for me. I absolutely love the depth of this class. I enjoy seeing everyone have different favorite prospects. Further probes my point of the depth of this class.

So, you couldn't be any more wrong. Move along.

Edited by BillsFan17

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

I’d be fine with this. May be able to trade back and nab Aiyuk too. Bonus.

Truth be told, the case could be made for Aiyuk at 22. Same for a lot of these guys, surely it would be better in the second round, but it's entirely possible they are gone by then.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

No WR is going to help Josh improve much on the long ball. He's not missing the receivers by a yard or so but by 5 yard overthrows. Josh needs to find a way to get better on those throws himself. When he gets close, then the WR can help him. 

josh can certainly improve some....and then the WR can help even more.  While your comment has some truth to it, it’s false for sure.  Josh is a work in progress.  He’s just getting better.  His deep ball will too

9 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Truth be told, the case could be made for Aiyuk at 22. Same for a lot of these guys, surely it would be better in the second round, but it's entirely possible they are gone by then.

Highly likely that GB and SF each take a WR which starts a run that goes through the early 2nd. Particularly since those teams will be looking to give young QBs weapons. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Highly likely that GB and SF each take a WR which starts a run that goes through the early 2nd. Particularly since those teams will be looking to give young QBs weapons. 

Agreed, and you can maybe make the case that teams like the Saints may look to grab a WR as well right behind us.

50 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fair enough.

All things being equal, would you rather see Aiyuk or Ruggs in a Bills jersey come September?

I do think Ruggs is the superior talent. But the question becomes;

Trade up for Ruggs and give additional assets? Or maybe move back a couple spots and still get Aiyuk? 

I'd be very happy with either guy for sure. :)

Edited by DJB

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

josh can certainly improve some....and then the WR can help even more.  While your comment has some truth to it, it’s false for sure.  Josh is a work in progress.  He’s just getting better.  His deep ball will too

Why agree with me by being disagreeable? I simply said that Josh has to get a lot closer on his deep throws for the WR to even help. I have faith that he will get better because of his work effort. I'm not so sure how my statement might have some truth to it but be "false for sure" like you implicated.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why agree with me by being disagreeable? I simply said that Josh has to get a lot closer on his deep throws for the WR to even help. I have faith that he will get better because of his work effort. I'm not so sure how my statement might have some truth to it but be "false for sure" like you implicated.

Honestly, I saw a number of deep throws last year where the receiver should have caught the ball, but came up 5 yards short due to slowing down in what appeared to be the receiver making an assumption the ball wasn’t coming his way or making a horrendous adjustment to the ball in flight. Behind Brown and Beasley, Buffalo’s receivers are awful.

34 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

You know you dont have to comment on my posts, right? Seems to attract you an oddly specific way.

If nothing else these threads are fantastic for me. I absolutely love the depth of this class. I enjoy seeing everyone have different favorite prospects. Further probes my point of the depth of this class.

So, you couldn't be any more wrong. Move along.

Not in your top 100 posts I’ll say that much

15 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He does and I’m fairly confidant that he will be better this season, hence adding a wr with deep ball ability will help him succeed throwing the deep ball.

It has some truth because if he doesn’t get better throwing the deep ball, the WR won’t help.  The odd of him not getting any better are slim imo, which means a good deep ball wr would help him

Just now, wppete said:

Ideally we get a DE or CB in the 1st and Aiyuk in the 2nd. 

That would be amazing. Or one of the top 4 tackles imo (while unlikely).  Just can’t see falling that far.  Maybe trade up for him in the 2nd.  He may be a 1st rd pick 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He does and I’m fairly confidant that he will be better this season, hence adding a wr with deep ball ability will help him succeed throwing the deep ball.

It has some truth because if he doesn’t get better throwing the deep ball, the WR won’t help.  The odd of him not getting any better are slim imo, which means a good deep ball wr would help him

That would be amazing. Or one of the top 4 tackles imo (while unlikely).  Just can’t see falling that far.  Maybe trade up for him in the 2nd.  He may be a 1st rd pick 

I agree I don’t se him falling to us in the 2nd. I also wouldn’t be upset if we get in the 1st a DE, CB or OT and then WR Michael Pittman Jr. in the 2nd. 

Whatever happens I do trust Beane and Co. to do the right thing. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wppete said:

I agree I don’t se him falling to us in the 2nd. I also wouldn’t be upset if we get in the 1st a DE, CB or OT and then WR Michael Pittman Jr. in the 2nd. 

Whatever happens I do trust Beane and Co. to do the right thing. 

Beane and Co have been brutal when it comes to WR's so far.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

Did Beane or Schoen watch any of his games?  I don’t think they are taking him if neither saw him. 

According to Astro they saw one game and met at Sr Bowl.   Not as many views as the other WRs.   OBD visits will also be a tell.

• Thank you (+1) 1