Brandon Aiyuk will be a Bills target based off Beane's comments

DJB

6'0 205

Wingspan of 81”, which is the equivalent of someone 6’9”.

40 yard - 4.5

Vertical - 40 inches

Broad - 128

(For those that want to watch a highlight video and not read entire post)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bills-gm-brandon-beane-falcons-gm-thomas-dimitroff-join-stf/id1227006689?i=1000463331888

BRANDON BEANE:

"Receivers, tight ends, I like to call them touchdown makers, guys that can get the ball in their hands, to take the pressure off Josh, so he doesn't feel like he has to make every play himself, let me dump this little 6 yard hitch route, have the WR make the guy miss and take it 50"

Aiyuk is a YAC monster. His tape is full of examples where he takes the ball to the house. Short throws and long throws.

Hes also one of the best on tape to me at creating seperation at the beginning and top of the route. That's a big plus for any QB . 

Bills speak often of versatility and that it's a plus. Maybe not a sexy stat but one nonetheless:

While he may not be the big name like Jefferson, Ruggs  Higgins, Lamb and Jeudy, to me Aiyuk is a terrific WR prospect and no doubt a possible target by the Bills in round 1 / early round 2.  

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I have no problem with this as I think Aiyuk is a terrific prospect and would be very happy if the Bills draft him.

But he isn't 6'8" and a lot of Bills fans will have problems with that. ?

Edited by njbuff
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I like him a lot but the Bills will need to trade up into the top of the 2nd round to have a shot imo. He may even go late 1st.

I like him a lot but the Bills will need to trade up into the top of the 2nd round to have a shot imo. He may even go late 1st.

You can say that again lol

Yes to me Aiyuk is a late first talent. 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DJB said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bills-gm-brandon-beane-falcons-gm-thomas-dimitroff-join-stf/id1227006689?i=1000463331888

BRANDON BEANE:

"Receivers, tight ends, I like to call them touchdown makers, guys that can get the ball in their hands, to take the pressure off Josh, so he doesn't feel like he has to make every play himself, let me dump this little 6 yard hitch route, have the WR make the guy miss and take it 50"

50"? What's that, like...a yard and a half? I mean, we basically already have a bunch of guys that can do that. Especially on 3rd and 8.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

So I say to you: welcome to the party.

Aiyuk is a legit man.

For sure.  His route running will only improve. You can’t teach what he does with the ball in his hand

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

For sure.  His route running will only improve. You can’t teach what he does with the ball in his hand

And his route running is already pretty solid. He can really break ‘em off.

But my favorite thing about the way he runs routes is that his burst off the LOS is not only explosive, but also consistent. He just blazes off the snap, and does so regardless of whether it’s a run or pass play, which is huge. It doesn’t allow DBs to easily key their coverage, leverage, or run fit. 

You’re right that he’s got what you can’t teach, and is already good (but can get better) at what you can.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

And his route running is already pretty solid. He can really break ‘em off.

But my favorite thing about the way he runs routes is that his burst off the LOS is not only explosive, but also consistent. He just blazes off the snap, and does so regardless of whether it’s a run or pass play, which is huge. It doesn’t allow DBs to easily key their coverage, leverage, or run fit. 

You’re right that he’s got what you can’t teach, and is already good (but can get better) at what you can.

How’s his ability to snag the back shoulder throw?  I’ve been watching Denzel Mims a bunch lately and that catch radius/back shoulder greatness is really tempting.  

what does allen need more?  A wr that can compliment what he’s already pretty good at, the short route that always the wr to do his thing?  Or, a WR that can help him improve on his poor deep ball %.  A guy that doesn’t have to be open to make a play.  A guy that allows allen to throw it up and let him get it and also some leeway on the mid range/deep accuracy because he can can snag them?  

Bias ASU alum here, would love to see Brandon in Buffalo...since he was a JC, he’s only had two years of decent coaching, he’s just scratching his potential. 

I’ve mentioned it here before, but his wingspan is massive for his frame. For reference, it is 1-2 inches shorter than Calvin Johnson’s despite being 5 inches shorter in height. 

Has also shown explosion in Special Teams with punt and kickoff td’s this past season. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

So, I have seen stan posts for Jefferson, Aiyuk, Reagor, Pittman Jr, Mims, Claypool, etc...

Yet, there are still so steadfast that unless we get one of the top three, we arent getting a legit spec. Interesting.

You know you don’t have to click the thread, right?

WR discussion seems to bother you in an oddly specific way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1