Favorite fast food places not available in WNY

Jrb1979

Just got back from driving to Myrtle Beach. Got to try a couple of fast food places that are not in the WNY/Ontario region. I found Bojangles and Jack in the Box to be good. What are some of the ones you have come across on your travels that you wish WNY/Ontario had?

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Not sure if they're in WNY or not, but 5 Guys is pretty good & Priomos subs as well.

5 guys yes but overpriced.  Primo Hoagies-negative.

Biscuitville should expand up North.

27 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Not sure if they're in WNY or not, but 5 Guys is pretty good & Primos subs as well.

My wife was out for drinks after work with a friend who said “I’ve never done five guys before.” My wife didn’t Know what to say......she had never heard of the burger chain. 

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hoagies ?

We talk different round here. Say things like supper instead of dinner, and "outen the lights" instead of turn the lights out. And crick instead of creek. Mow the grass instead of cut the lawn.

Used to have Dog n Suds and Arthur Treachers back home... don't have them here either but I think DNS is still around and AT is being sold at other restaurants.

Have a 5 guys 1,200 feet away... have no desire to way over pay for a burger, never gone there. There is a Moe's next door to them, haven't been in at least 10 years. I'll take Steak n Shake all day long for a good burger and there are so many mom n pop authentic Mexican places around that make Moe's look and taste like dog *****.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Jersey Mike’s makes me wonder how Subway still exists. 

I had Jersey Mike's for thr first time close to 20 years ago when I traveled to NC. They put one close to me about 2 years ago, and I remember it being much better the first time around. I love a good sub or hoagie (? @Joe in Winslow), and right now Primos is at the top of my list.

34 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Freddy’s frozen custard and steakburgers is decent.   

We have them out here and I love the double California steakburgers.  Their super thin fries aren't particularly good though.  And I don't know if this is the case at all locations, but they are extremely slow here.  Like I spend most of my entire lunch hour waiting for a take-out order slow.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Publix makes me wonder how Jersey Mike's exists. The wife went to mikes a couple of months ago for a sub and it was $11. Said she'll never go back and I don't blame her one bit.

The Subway by me is pretty decent actually... maybe I'm lucky and have one of the good ones. Herb n Cheese roll is the choice here.

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

Just got back from driving to Myrtle Beach. Got to try a couple of fast food places that are not in the WNY/Ontario region. I found Bojangles and Jack in the Box to be good. What are some of the ones you have come across on your travels that you wish WNY/Ontario had?

Bojangles chicken is meh.  I'd put them #3 behind Popeyes and Chik-Fil-A (Popyes chicken sammich FTW).  But Bojangles does have good fries

49 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

5 guys yes but overpriced

Overpriced yes.  But worth it every once in a while.

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

Subway is still in business because their food is dirt cheap compared to the rest.  As far as the competitors, I prefer Firehouse to Jersey Mike or Jimmy Johns.  I also enjoy a good Wawa sub.  But my favorite sub chain is a Hampton Roads local franchise, Zeros

Just now, /dev/null said:

Bojangles chicken is meh.  I'd put them #3 behind Popeyes and Chik-Fil-A (Popyes chicken sammich FTW).  But Bojangles does have good fries

Overpriced yes.  But worth it every once in a while.

Subway is still in business because their food is dirt cheap compared to the rest.  As far as the competitors, I prefer Firehouse to Jersey Mike or Jimmy Johns.  I also enjoy a good Wawa sub.  But my favorite sub chain is a Hampton Roads local franchise, Zeros

Wawa's gone to ***** hoagie-wise. Food quality is low. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

Publix makes me wonder how Jersey Mike's exists. The wife went to mikes a couple of months ago for a sub and it was $11. Said she'll never go back and I don't blame her one bit.

The Subway by me is pretty decent actually... maybe I'm lucky and have one of the good ones. Herb n Cheese roll is the choice here.

Publix does make a pretty good sub, but it’s a bit of a hassle. Big parking lots and long lines at the places around me. I’m kind of mad at Publix right now because I realized they’ve been ripping me off for decades. Bananas there are 20% more expensive that Whole Foods. Got skirt steak for fajita’s yesterday at Krogers for $7.99/lb. The skirt steak at Publix, you ask? It’s $15.99/lb. Cod was $6.99 at Kroger and $14.99 at Publix. Milk? Yep, $1.49 vs $2.49. I’m not a “shopper”, but once I became aware of this it became a sore spot. I’ve been almost exclusively a Publix shopper for a quarter of a century! 

Anyway, the #5 mini on white, Mike’s Way with chips and a drink was in the regular rotation when I worked near one. 

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife was out for drinks after work with a friend who said “I’ve never done five guys before.” My wife didn’t Know what to say......she had never heard of the burger chain. 

i hear in-N-out burger is popular.

• Haha (+1) 2