Leonard Williams Deal Done with Giants: Sets Market for Jordan & Shaq

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm thinking $12M/yr for Williams puts Shaq in the $8-9M/yr range, and JP in the $9-10M range, which makes them very re-signable. I'm just hoping they dont find a desperate teams that drive their prices up.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

I don't think you're wrong about the price tags, I just don't want the Bills to give Jordan Phillips $9million. I actually think they can UPGRADE the position and spend LESS money.

I would like to see them re-sign Shaq, though.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't think you're wrong about the price tags, I just don't want the Bills to give Jordan Phillips $9million. I actually think they can UPGRADE the position and spend LESS money.

That's right in Star range, so not sure there is much better out there at that price, nor is it very high, imo.

I also value Jordan's role in the locker room. He's no angel, rather just the opposite. Gives these "Process Guys" an edge to play with on the field.

Bring em both back, and sign a Pass Rusher in FA to take Hughes role next year.

Go Bills! :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm thinking $12M/yr for Williams puts Shaq in the $8-9M/yr range, and JP in the $9-10M range, which makes them very re-signable. I'm just hoping they dont find a desperate teams that drive their prices up.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

I can’t tell you you are wrong, But there are a few here that will complain and Nash their teeth if we pay them what you have shown. Iirc the cover one guy stated similar numbers over a month ago using, I think Sport trac or some such an outfits projections, I would be good with resigning both of them. Gotta keep the band together.. ?

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if they're gonna give JP 9mm, just up it a couple mm and sign Reader instead.

You'd have to bank on Harry moving to a 3 technique then.  Or draft/sign somebody else to fill that role.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's a 1-Tech vs JP's 3-tech tho.

Reader lines up all over. it's just for the year then he replaces Star permanently.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Who do you have in mind that outplayed Phillips and will play for less money?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm missing the logic where 12 million per year for Leonard Williams is a tremendous deal...Not that I think he's a bad player...But tremendous deal? Why? It's almost 4 mil annually more than his Spotrac estimated Market value...I get that is not the be all end all...But 4 mil difference! Tremendous deal??? I don't know...?

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

I can’t tell you you are wrong, But there are a few here that will complain and Nash their teeth if we pay them what you have shown. Iirc the cover one guy stated similar numbers over a month ago using, I think Sport trac or some such an outfits projections, I would be good with resigning both of them. Gotta keep the band together.. ?

It's spelled gnash you idiot !

I would like to keep them both. But maybe they want to get out of being in so much rotational roles as McD runs.

And why they have less value to the Bills then some other teams.
Lawson has more flexibility position wise, as he can move inside etc. Love Phillips attitude and he can play good football for sure. But 9 mil and long term contract may not be the best answer for either team nor Jordan

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'd take Phillips back at 10 mill. I think he's worth it if his play stays like it was last season. Shaq I feel is more of a situational player, and I'd like him back also, but at like 6 mill maybe 

interesting contrast in our view points ? and i often agree with you.
But i feel the opposite almost