Ted's hot dogs: the best?

Are Ted's hot dogs the best in the observable universe?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are Ted's hot dogs the best?

• Yes
    • Yes

1 minute ago, Irv said:

I like Ted's but their hot dogs are dog food compared to Zweigle's.  Sahlens are just as bad.  Maybe good for a toothpick but not to eat.     

Ted’s are supplied by Sahlen, but apparently it’s a tweaked recipe.  I worked for a ‘freezer plan’ shopping service in the late 70s with a western and central New York customer base.  WNYers split between Sahlens, Wardynski, Shelley, and the national brands, but the Rochester customer base was 98% Zweigle’s.

16 minutes ago, Irv said:

I like Ted's but their hot dogs are dog food compared to Zweigle's.  Sahlens are just as bad.  Maybe good for a toothpick but not to eat.     

Zweigle's by a mile. Ted's is okay but as far as the actual dog goes.......not close. I've eaten at Ted's a dozen or so times over the years and I never understood the craze.

42 minutes ago, Irv said:

Who are you?  Sandra Bernhard?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

A proper Chicago style dog crushes all others

Ted's blows.

Chicago dog "dragged through the garden"

image.jpg

say-hiya-to-maurie-and.jpg

Portillo's for major chain....or brave the hood in Calumet Park @ Dillinger's, you won't be disappointed:

35278527471_353d3db236_b.jpg

If you're white, don't feel uneasy being the only white person... You won't be disappointed.  Get a gyro too at Nicky's in Calumet City:

348s.jpg

Lamb abortion from a spit onto a pita... Always fresh, there is always a line..

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/8/2020 at 5:20 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Pat’s was on Sheridan Dr. at Parker, southeast corner.  Another dog joint was on the southwest corner, but not Ted’s.  A Walgreens now stands where Pat’s used to.

I’m waiting for the Rochester area contributors to chime in singing the praises of Zweigel’s red hots and white hots.

We lived in Kenmore so we would alternate between Pats , Teds and Louies at the foot of Sheridan. Louies is still there, still one of the best but for this poll, I picked Teds as best. 

i'll always lean towards a zweigles because of the local connection, and the fact that i once staffed them with temp employees.  

there was a restaurant outside of the area that the toronto maple leafs play in, (i think it was called one) that had a "gourmet" hot god on the menu. i never tried it, but it was shocking how many people ordered a > $20 hot dog.  

As far as the brand itself of hot dog that's best, I thought it was Salhen's. But my dad, brother and I took a road trip to see the Bisons play in Rochester. Naturally, we ordered hot dogs. And we all agreed it was the best hot dog we'd ever had. We asked around and found out it was Zweigle's, which we'd never heard of, and we never went back. Salhen's is a close second though. 

19 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

We lived in Kenmore so we would alternate between Pats , Teds and Louies at the foot of Sheridan. Louies is still there, still one of the best but for this poll, I picked Teds as best. 

Louie’s always had a good rep in western Tonawanda.  Ever try Reid’s over on Elmwood?  I see they sold out to Charlap’s a few years ago.  About the only place in Buffalo I think you could get a Zweigle’s white hot.

22 minutes ago, teef said:

i'll always lean towards a zweigles because of the local connection, and the fact that i once staffed them with temp employees.  

there was a restaurant outside of the area that the toronto maple leafs play in, (i think it was called one) that had a "gourmet" hot god on the menu. i never tried it, but it was shocking how many people ordered a > $20 hot dog.  

You're definitely NOT BETTER than @Royale with Cheese .  He would NEVER wanna do God! WHAT kinda beast are you!

• Haha (+1) 1