My approach to the offseason if I was in Beane’ shoes

11 hours ago, offyourocker said:

So you know for a fact that Beane did not have any him? Is it possible he chose another team like Brown did two years ago?  Why did Beane bring him in for a workout?

We brought him in and didnt offer him a contract.

Pretty self explanatory 

21 hours ago, Chaos said:

If you were Beane, you would not post here ?

Just us MMGMs post here, because every NFL team is smart enough  not to hire any of us ?

Go Bills!!!

On 3/7/2020 at 7:40 PM, offyourocker said:

Here is what I would do for my offseason:

WR

I really like the idea of Breshad Perriman here.  He had a great season last year and might still be a fair price guy just based on him not having been great the first 3 years of his career.  He brings the skill set we are missing at the WR position

36 catches for 645 is a great season?

RB

I read a lot of people wanting a guy with breakaway speed and that can get us those home run wins.  I think and hope that guy might already be on the team.  Christian Wade?  I think we need a bruiser that can get those 3rd and 1 (although Josh has done great there) and also help close games when we are ahead with a true power game.  I think Jordan Howard can be a good option here or draft a guy on day 3

OLIne

I would go after Bulaga.- Overpriced and injury prone- not the perfect guy (only played 3 full seasons in 9 years)  He can be the perfect guy a RT for the next 2 to 3 years while we develop a rookie.  Keep Nsekhe as our swing tackle.  Move Ford to guard.  Draft depth at guard on day 2 or 3 where value makes sense.

Try to sign Dawkins to an extension.  

DLine

Sign Robert Quinn to a 2 year contract.  Try to resign Shaq if the value is right.  If you can sign both, cut Murphy.-- He's not that terrible that he needs to be cut. If he gets beat out by others, fine, but to cut him just to cut him is a foolish move  I think Shaq and Quinn in a rotation would make for a notable improvement over last year.

LB

Sign Kyle Van Noy to replace Lorenzo.  I think he brings more improvement to our pass rush.--Never trust a defensive player that leaves NE  Sign Milano to an extension.

DBs

I would like to see us re sign Kevin Johnson or someone they perceive as an improvement over him.  

Draft approach

I think the above free agency really fills our most pressing needs.  In round 1 take the BPA at either DE, DB, OT or WR in this order of priority.  Round 2 and 3 approach it the same way but pick at least one WR