1 Bold Offseason Prediction

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This is depressing.  It is like Beane and McDermott saying "we want to suck on defense, we don't want to stop the run, and we don't want to pressure the QB."  

No, it's like saying those two guys are average at best and we can do better with what we have and what we get in the draft.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

That team was dysfunctional either way.  Always has been. You are saying the Bills have a similar culture?

There is no way you truly believe John Brown is a better WR than OBJ.  Ridiculous 

And yet he had better stats. I guess OBJ isn't OBJ without Eli Manning?

The Bills do what they did last year:

Address holes or weak areas effectively in the free agent market.

Then, based on what they accomplished in free agency, they will draft the best player available at 22.

And:

They will sign key Bills' free agents, such as Shaq Lawson.  They will not sign Jordan Phillips.

They will lock up White and others before the season starts..

And then the Bills will win 12 games and earn a home playoff game.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1

Brandon Beane will scale the Cliffs of Insanity, defeat a master swordsman, choke out a giant, best a genius in a game of wits (a Sicilian no less),  survive the Fire Swamp, kill several ROUS, escape the Pit of Despair, storm the castle, and rescue the Princess all before draft weekend.  Oh yeah, and somehow swindle the gullible and hapless Cleveland Browns out of some valuable Draft capital again...

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Haha (+1) 1

Bills trade for Khalil Mack -just cuz I want them too.

14 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The Bills will sweep the Patriots AND win two playoff games in the offseason?  Sounds about right.

We sweep them & win 2 playoff games EVERY preseason. Where’ve you been??

11 hours ago, MJS said:

No, it's like saying those two guys are average at best and we can do better with what we have and what we get in the draft.

And yet he had better stats. I guess OBJ isn't OBJ without Eli Manning?

Other than 2 TDs, their stats were about the same.  So your argument is that Brown's best year is equal to OBJ's worst year so the Bills should stand pat and a 2nd round pick for OBJ wouldn't be good for the team?  Or is it that Josh Allen would not be able to do any better with OBJ than Mayfield did?  Or is it that McD and the locker room are not stable enough to get OBJ in line on a much better team than the Browns?

Which of these is the basis of your conclusion---or is it all 3?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Josh Allen will throw for almost 4000yds, 30+ TD's, and be in the NFL MVP conversation next year. 

11 qbs threw over 4000 yards, so I hope he gets close

and where we are in the build that’s the type of season to expect. 

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Other than 2 TDs, their stats were about the same.  So your argument is that Brown's best year is equal to OBJ's worst year so the Bills should stand pat and a 2nd round pick for OBJ wouldn't be good for the team?  Or is it that Josh Allen would not be able to do any better with OBJ than Mayfield did?  Or is it that McD and the locker room are not stable enough to get OBJ in line on a much better team than the Browns?

Which of these is the basis of your conclusion---or is it all 3?

It's about not wanting OBJ. I don't want him on the team because I don't like him. And I don't think Beane and McDermott would want him. Yes, he's a good player. Yes the locker room is stable enough. But that doesn't mean they want to bring him in.

If the Browns trade him, that's now TWO teams who have deemed OBJ not worth the antics. What about Antonio Brown? You want to bring him in because he's good and because our locker room could handle it?

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

If the Browns trade him, that's now TWO teams who have deemed OBJ not worth the antics.

More specifically it would be two teams with notoriously awful coaching staffs and weak locker rooms. The point in favor of trading for him is that we have a very strong coaching staff and locker room capable of handling his diva attitude. I'm not necessarily in favor of trading for him considering this WR class but I can see the argument. I'd rather trade up for one of the top 3 WR and use our big free agency signing on a pass rusher. But if we traded for him I wouldn't be worried about his fit in our culture.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, MJS said:

It's about not wanting OBJ. I don't want him on the team because I don't like him. And I don't think Beane and McDermott would want him. Yes, he's a good player. Yes the locker room is stable enough. But that doesn't mean they want to bring him in.

If the Browns trade him, that's now TWO teams who have deemed OBJ not worth the antics. What about Antonio Brown? You want to bring him in because he's good and because our locker room could handle it?

Who cares who you or any fan "likes".  That's obviously not how it's done.  OBJ isn't off the rails as AB, but AB was on the menu for McBeane even after the craziness in Pittsburgh.

For a 2nd,  even Terry Pegula would be telling Beane to run to the phone.  I am positive he would be fine here with Josh Allen and McD.  If for no other reason than Allen isn't anything like Mayfield, nor is McD anything like Freddy Kitchens.

This would be the steal of the century.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who cares who you or any fan "likes".  That's obviously not how it's done.  OBJ isn't off the rails as AB, but AB was on the menu for McBeane even after the craziness in Pittsburgh.

For a 2nd,  even Terry Pegula would be telling Beane to run to the phone.  I am positive he would be fine here with Josh Allen and McD.  If for no other reason than Allen isn't anything like Mayfield, nor is McD anything like Freddy Kitchens.

This would be the steal of the century.

It doesn't matter what fans want, which is why I stated that I don't believe Beane and McDermott want OBJ. If the AB situation taught them anything it's that they played with fire and almost got burned.