One year ago today: AB era in Buffalo

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I probably should have put that in the sarcasm font. The Bills DID and he wouldn’t agree. 

So often on here people play the “he’s not a process guy” card. The Bills had a trade worked out for Antonio Brown!! He’s one of the worst people in the league. The Bills aren’t only looking at choir boys. They are looking at people that they think will put them over the top. 

Yes that would seem obvious, but many denied that was even a consideration at the time.

48 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What's really striking is the difference between how AB looked back then and now. Then it wasn't that terrible a proposition for him to be coming here. He was a great player that seemed to have some personality issues but it was still debated who was more at fault for the situation with the Steelers. Since then he's jumped from the high dive into the waters of batshit crazy.

I agree, but that was not the prevailing consensus here at the time.

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I probably should have put that in the sarcasm font. The Bills DID and he wouldn’t agree. 

So often on here people play the “he’s not a process guy” card. The Bills had a trade worked out for Antonio Brown!! He’s one of the worst people in the league. The Bills aren’t only looking at choir boys. They are looking at people that they think will put them over the top. 

He didn't agree to play under a contract friendly to the Bills, meaning no/little new/guaranteed money.  I don't blame him since that's all he was looking for (as evidenced by the fact that he agreed to play for the Raiders).  But it was smart and not anti-Process to inquire since a team-friendly contract means he's more likely to behave or be gone with little consequence.

There never was an AB era in Buffalo.  AB is a non-entity.  He'll never play in the NFL again, nor ever be in the HOF.

And thank God for that.  After he swallows his pride and apologizes to Vince, I wish him well earning the minimum in the XFL, and hope he can unload his bizarre-colored Rolls for a little change - maybe half what he paid for it.

Toyota makes a fine car, and townhouse living can be nice.

Stupid clown.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

What's really striking is the difference between how AB looked back then and now. Then it wasn't that terrible a proposition for him to be coming here. He was a great player that seemed to have some personality issues but it was still debated who was more at fault for the situation with the Steelers. Since then he's jumped from the high dive into the waters of batshit crazy.

I enjoyed all the national media figures who trashed Roethlisberger publicly apologize to him once it was clear AB had some obvious mental issues.  

Edited by Doc Brown

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have half a mind to go find an old clip from ’The McLaughlin Group’, where John McLaughlin issues his famous and discussion ending “WRONG!!”

5 hours ago, cage said:

If you look back at the TBD thread when it happened, the board was lit up and very excited about this...  #asteroidaverted

Darn near as many people here were saying “great getting AB!” as claimed they were at the Comeback.  ?

5 hours ago, cage said:

If you look back at the TBD thread when it happened, the board was lit up and very excited about this...  #asteroidaverted

OMG GIVE THEM SHADY AND THIS YEAR'S 1ST! DO IT!!!

20 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I have half a mind to go find an old clip from ’The McLaughlin Group’, where John McLaughlin issues his famous and discussion ending “WRONG!!”

Darn near as many people here were saying “great getting AB!” as claimed they were at the Comeback.  ?

"Mor-tone"!

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

to be fair he was only Thought to be like 2005 TO crazy at that point. 

56 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I bet AB wished he kept his mouth shut and went to buffalo now that hes out the league 

He probably just wishes he'd kept him mouth shut and stayed with the Steelers.  But sometimes idiots have to learn the hard way.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

It'll be difficult replacing his production, at least I'll have the memories.

...sorry 'Frosty, but LaCanfora never confirmed it so I refuse to buy "the chase".......McBeane+McD+ Ab is a process fit like a size 16 EEE in a size 5 stiletto......

On 3/8/2020 at 1:04 PM, rayray808 said:

I wish I was friends with Dr Strange and he could show me the timeline where AB came here and played as hard as he could

Before the last 2 years i thought he was like a "do your job" type of football player.  Then i read his scouting report coming up and it basically read - DIVA.  They also said speed wasnt there to be a fulltime starter, and he was too small etc.  But they got the Diva part right.  

On 3/8/2020 at 12:38 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry 'Frosty, but LaCanfora never confirmed it so I refuse to buy "the chase".......McBeane+McD+ Ab is a process fit like a size 16 EEE in a size 5 stiletto......

It was mentioned here, to hell with LaCanfora.

• Haha (+1) 1