Whisky or Whiskey preference in terms of drink, not spelling?

14 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Scotch - Cardhu

Bourbon - Knob Creek

This is one of the best values in scotch and hardly ever mentioned.

I just picked up the Lagavulin 16 Distillers Edition which I'm super excited about!  Haven't opened it yet though.

Any reviews on Proper 12? Does Conor make a good one?!

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I haven’t but have heard good reviews. How about you?

I've been tempted but always end up grabbing the Turkey. Last time I was going to get it I ended up with the Jameson Caskmates IPA Edition.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2020 at 11:42 AM, Mark80 said:

This is one of the best values in scotch and hardly ever mentioned.

I just picked up the Lagavulin 16 Distillers Edition which I'm super excited about!  Haven't opened it yet though.

Distillers edition?

How was it?

I'll be honest, Lagavulin isn't generally my kind of whisky. I'm not as much a fan of the Islay varietals as I am the Highland.

However, I've had Lagavulin given to me twice as gifts. Both times I happily drank the whole bottle.

That said, right now I'm happy to be drinking one of my favorites: Bahlvenie Carribbean Cask.

Puts a smile on my face.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Distillers edition?

How was it?

I'll be honest, Lagavulin isn't generally my kind of whisky. I'm not as much a fan of the Islay varietals as I am the Highland.

However, I've had Lagavulin given to me twice as gifts. Both times I happily drank the whole bottle.

That said, right now I'm happy to be drinking one of my favorites: Bahlvenie Carribbean Cask.

Puts a smile on my face.

I have a decision to make when it’s time for a drink.. Balvenie Doublewood, or Balvenie Caribbean Cask.  Somehow I ended up with a bottle of each.  Caribbean Cask is smoother, but they’re both outstanding. 

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Distillers edition?

How was it?

Puts a smile on my face.

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

I have a decision to make when it’s time for a drink.. Balvenie Doublewood, or Balvenie Caribbean Cask.  Somehow I ended up with a bottle of each.  Caribbean Cask is smoother, but they’re both outstanding. 

If you haven't tried the Glenlivet 15 French Oak Reserve, you should.  It is similar to BCC but better IMO.  I have both on hand.  Similar price point.

Haven't got into the Distillers addition yet.  Probably will be saving for next winter as I typically don't drink too much peaty scotch outside the winter months.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bought the Kirkland 22 year old Sherry Cask Single Malt because it was $80 (same price as Oban) and I've never tried Scotch that old.

It's very good, but I think I like Oban better.

If I'm going to get an older single malt, I usually go with a name I trust. It costs more but its safer unless you've tried it before. The oldest I've had was a 21 Glenfiddich. My palate at the time couldn't really notice the difference from the 18 year old. For the prices I'd rather have 2 18 years old bottles than 1 21.

I have mentioned this many times, probably in this thread a long time ago, but if you like scotch, and have not tried it, do yourself a favor and sample some Highland Park 12 year.

It is one of the best value/quality combos in the world of scotch IMO.

The more expensive 15 is a let down.  The even more expensive 18 is outstanding, but quite a bit more.

HP 12 is really good stuff.

• 2 months later...

Drinkin a glass of Cragganmore12 in my day-after-a-hurricane-misses-us celebration.

I got this from my father in law for my birthday and I'm surprised how much I like it because there's actually a good amount of the band-aid character I associate with Lagavulin, but just a little lighter.

Drinking this bottle actually makes me want to retry Lagavulin 16.

On 5/6/2020 at 3:01 AM, billsherd said:

I recently opened wild Turkey Rare Breed and Cardhu 12 for Scotch. 

Mmmmm Wild Turkey Rare Breed!!!

I keep buying the nippers of Glenlivet 12 actually no bandaid so it's scrumptious! Any other no bandaid scotches?? Had Johnny Walker Black and from what I remember it tasted like they aged a barrel full of used bandaids with a little whiskey...

Off topic but always loved Remy Martin 1738 Accord Royal and I can't stop guzzling it!:cry: