Name 3 FA WR who interest you...Go!

Oh man. Reading this thread makes me think we should trade up for Ceedee Lamb or draft 2 WRs in the first couple rds.  I think we need one stud as opposed to multiple solid WRs

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3

AJ Green and Perriman are the only ones who interest me.  And even then, they are not my main preference.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against those signings, but just think this draft is so good at WR, let’s go get some young talent to pair with our vets and let Josh grow with them.  

I don’t think we should sign any FA WRs and should look to spend more at the edge, LB, and OT spots.  We have 2 quality veteran starters right now in John and Cole.  Go get 2 WRs in the first 3 rounds of the draft and let Duke, Roberts and McKenzie battle for the remaining spots.  

I would love to see us draft a stud prospect in the first and then draft another in round 3 like Claypool, Pittman, Mims, Hamler, DPJ, Reagor, Aiyuk, Edwards, etc.  

I know some of those guys will go in second, but odds are not all of them will and someone Good will be there in the 3rd round.  Last year guys people expected to go earlier lasted a round to 2 rounds longer than expected.  Even some mocked to go mid rounds were not even drafted.  It’s a deep group, I would double dip and take 2 in first 3 rounds.  Heck, I would have even trade back into the 3rd round if need be like last year.

Take Jefferson/Higgins at 22 (assumption top 3 guys gone).  Take Claypool or DPG in the third (I think good chance they could be there).  

Or go a different direction first and take back to back WRs in rounds 2 and 3 or even 2nd and 4th.  

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I thought I’d see more interest in Perriman. His upside is at the top of the list and he shouldn’t command anything too close to Cooper. The Bills are in a spot where they can take a risk or two. 

Didnt the Bills bring in Perriman for a workout and passed on him?

Why would they change their minds on him now?

13 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Robby Anderson would be a great fit

If it was a bad draft class I'd agree, he would be a very nice fall back option. But he isn't a #1. If we sign him and draft one early I'm not sure where everyone fits in.

• Like (+1) 1

me thinks we did our free agent shopping last season; with a deep draft of prospects my hunch is we don't sign any WRs and we don't draft one in round 1 either *unless one of top alpha dogs falls to us; which then will kindle the debate as to which of the existing are in jeopardy namely Isiah  (speed) or the Dukah (size) would be displaced....

Going for impact players the three WR's that would interest me most would be 

1- Amari Cooper - Cooper is the only stud WR1 on the market. Although I don't like the money he would command (likely near 20 million aav with a hefty guarantee) he is the best WR out on the market and would immediately provide the upgrade at WR needed and push the draft need of WR down to round 3 or 4 where some depth and youth would be needed at the position. I would personally not like to see them shell out close to 20 million aav for Cooper but in terms of impact he is at the top of the market. 

2- Robby Anderson - Anderson would likely command a lot less than Cooper in terms of aav and guarantees although he wouldn't come cheap (I would peg his market around 9-10 million aav) but he provides a fast WR who is 6 foot 3 and has the past three seasons eclipsed 50 receptions and 700 yards and 5 TD's at a minimum playing with middling or young QB's. I think the team would still have to draft a WR in round 2 or 3 to get younger behind the vets if they signed Anderson but they would immensely add a WR that fits their needs. 

3- Demarcus Robinson - The cheapest FA WR on this list but someone I think would help add depth and come on a more modest 3-5 million aav contract. I think if you sign Robinson you then have to draft a WR high as you don't want to depend on his production level but if you are going more in the bargain bin I think Robinson is a good prospect to go after here. 

On the trade market I see a lot of interesting options but unless Stefon Diggs becomes available for a package of picks built around a 2nd rounder I just don't see anyone making sense at a good cost point. Odell isn't a process guy and won't come cheap, the other WR's that I think will be on the market don't have enough impact or have injury concerns.

In no particular order 

Jimmy Smith- still can play, and I think would be a Micah Hyde type player, in that, we all know he's a good player, but with good scheme and coaching, he'd be possibly pro bowl level. 

Arik Armstead- good fit for our defense. He'd allow us to focus on offense in the draft, and be a really solid pass rusher for our team. 

Austin Hooper or Darryl Williams- in Hooper it would give Allen a reliable target over the middle. Only thing is it cuts into Knox reps. I love Knox, but we gotta maximize our offense especially while Allen is on his rookie deal. Williams can still play. Yes, he has injury history, but I truly believe in our staff and keeping guys healthy. He's versatile, and would allow Cody Ford to move inside to guard, where I think, he'd really flourish. 

Let me also predict we move up in the draft. I guarantee you we end up with Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs. No way Beane leaves this draft without a stud WR.