Football clichés

he wants it a little bit more

reading Collision Low Crossers again about the 2011 Jets flop season, good read with a reporter spending the year with Rex and his coaching staff

100s of them in there...

he's a B word kitty pass rusher

he's a natural

he's a workout warrior

he's an insatiable, unblockable, pocket-infiltrating force of war-daddy bedlam

Edited by row_33

....college ball but, some gems..........Keith Jackson (RIP)....

1. Whoa Nellie.

2. "Third and a whole lotta real estate".

and back to the NFL ranks...John McKay....and Dickey..........

1. What do you think Coach about your offense's execution (Tampa Bay)? "I'm all for it".

2. Dopey Dickey Jauron "rinse and repeat"- we have to look at the tape".

5 hours ago, Putin said:

A gunslinger 

How about downhill runner ?

Running down hill is my favorite over used football cliche.  Hello.  The field is flat.

When this term was first staring to be used I thought it meant running a sweep.  Back then a lot of outdoor fields had a crown so the sidelines were lower than the middle of the field.  As a distance runner I know that when running down a hill if you lean forward you can run a lot faster.  I thought that's what they were doing.

Now when I hear it I usually yell at the TV "the field is flat you moron."  ?

6 hours ago, BuffaninATL said:

I don't think you understand the intent of the OP - just try to listen to Mel Kiper the entire draft and count all the cliches he uses ..... maddening

There's a drinking game....spot the draft cliche...based on this thread, come up with a list of cliches BEFORE the draft begins.   When one of the talking heads on whichever draft coverage show you're watching mentions any of the words...be the first to yell, "Cliche."  All of your buddies have to take a drink of an adult beverage of their choice.   

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Running down hill is my favorite over used football cliche.  Hello.  The field is flat.

When this term was first staring to be used I thought it meant running a sweep.  Back then a lot of outdoor fields had a crown so the sidelines were lower than the middle of the field.  As a distance runner I know that when running down a hill if you lean forward you can run a lot faster.  I thought that's what they were doing.

Now when I hear it I usually yell at the TV "the field is flat you moron."  ?

Not arguing, but interesting side note: ......the only time I was on the field was for concerts in the 70’s. The pitch on the field for drainage shocked me! If you run a sweep you literally WERE running downhill! I’m not sure if they still have the same pitch, but from the field it seemed very different that it looked from the stands. 

Anyone else notice this? Is it still the same?