NFL Schedule Updates

20 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I fell in love with Nashville last year. I’d never really been there. That’s going on my list forever. Vegas is kind of a novelty and should be fun. I’m weird on that place though. I’ve been 6 times in my life. Twice I loved it, twice I hated it and twice I was indifferent. 

If either of those fall around Christmas though I’m probably out. I go back to Buffalo for that. I won’t do them back-to-back either.

I agree , The atmosphere in Nashville was an amazing weekend surrounded with fans! I don’t get an opportunity to do too many road games but it was such a quick flight we will be back. ( my wife loves country music so it’s an easy sell to her!)

• Like (+1) 1

Nice work and fun to speculate on. What jumps out to me is how brutal that schedule looks no matter what order we play it. Both Super Bowl teams and three out of four Championship round teams, plus two against NE, and a bunch of travel to boot. Yikes! 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nice work and fun to speculate on. What jumps out to me is how brutal that schedule looks no matter what order we play it. Both Super Bowl teams and three out of four Championship round teams, plus two against NE, and a bunch of travel to boot. Yikes! 

the only plus is the entire division has more or less the same thing. If New England truly is weekend it actually helps us

On 3/6/2020 at 10:12 AM, corta765 said:

Opponent Time

Week 7 SEA 4:00pm

Doubt schedule makers will have Bills play game at 4 PM to make it easy for Seahawks but same accommodations are not made for Chargers.

Interesting speculation but like mock drafts very hard to be right.

On 3/6/2020 at 8:01 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Not loser talk..its " that city sucks donkey poop " now. Really dread  going there now, even more so now than when they tried to make it a friendly family place in the mid  to late 90's, and for a hard core gambler/carouser like me, that was a rough time in Vegas history. In my best get offmy lawn voice, I want to go back to mid 80's, gambling was king, food,  room and drinks were free, hookers were cheap, and if you wanted to go clubbing you went to LA or NYC!

For @corta765, I think a ton ofBills fans think they want to go till the reality of $300 upper deck seats, $400 hotel rooms and $12 drafts hit.

Most over priced city in the world now, IMHO

Vegas ain't my thing, but I can fly in from L.A.  day of game and fly out after for cheap if I get the tix in April.  Round trip plane tix will probably be a lot cheaper than the game ticket. LoL 

On 3/6/2020 at 8:07 AM, BillsFanSD said:

I'm going to the Vegas game no matter when it is and no matter what the ticket prices are.  I don't even care about coronavirus -- it won't be the first time I've gotten sick watching the Bills.

Trust me in 2 months you'll have a whole new outlook on the coronavirus.....

23 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Doubt schedule makers will have Bills play game at 4 PM to make it easy for Seahawks but same accommodations are not made for Chargers.

Interesting speculation but like mock drafts very hard to be right.

West coast teams have regularly played at 1 pm. Depends on what the schedule makes want for TV. Seattle played at 1pm at both PIT and CLE last year.

17 hours ago, corta765 said:

West coast teams have regularly played at 1 pm. Depends on what the schedule makes want for TV. Seattle played at 1pm at both PIT and CLE last year.

Yes and above it listed game as "Week 7 SEA 4:00pm" which I find unlikely.

On 3/6/2020 at 11:01 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Not loser talk..its " that city sucks donkey poop " now. Really dread  going there now, even more so now than when they tried to make it a friendly family place in the mid  to late 90's, and for a hard core gambler/carouser like me, that was a rough time in Vegas history. In my best get offmy lawn voice, I want to go back to mid 80's, gambling was king, food,  room and drinks were free, hookers were cheap, and if you wanted to go clubbing you went to LA or NYC!

For @corta765, I think a ton ofBills fans think they want to go till the reality of $300 upper deck seats, $400 hotel rooms and $12 drafts hit.

My friends & I were there for Super Bowl weekend.  When I first started going to Vegas back in the late 90's everything was free/cheap.  I could get a flight from Buffalo for a little over $200, my room was free & the food was cheap.  It has gotten a lot more expensive over the years.  We usually just hang out at the sports  book when we go there & we bet enough to get free drinks to cover us but the food is ridiculously priced.  Sat afternoon we were watching college hoops at Harrahs, we went to the food court, I bought 3 slices of pizza & some chicken nachos & the bill game to like $45.  They have totally catered the strip to the clubbers now.  With that being said I still love the place, but like I said I usually just hang out at the book when I am there.

Edited by Gordio
  • Like (+1) 2

On 3/6/2020 at 11:01 AM, plenzmd1 said:

55 minutes ago, Gordio said:

My friends & I were there for Super Bowl weekend.  When I first started going to Vegas back in the late 90's everything was free/cheap.  I could get a flight from Buffalo for a little over $200, my room was free & the food was cheap.  It has gotten a lot more expensive over the years.  We usually just hang out at the sports  book when we go there & we bet enough to get free drinks to cover us but the food is ridiculously priced.  Sat afternoon we were watching college hoops at Harrahs, we went to the food court, I bought 3 slices of pizza & some chicken nachos & the bill game to like $45.  They have totally catered the strip to the clubbers now.  With that being said I still love the place, but like I said I usually just hang out at the book when I am there.

Getting the thread a bit off track, but I'm supposed to go to Vegas for business at the end of April (provided the coronavirus scare doesn't postpone the trip).  I booked the trip for the conference before even realizing I'll be there for the 1st and 2nd rounds of the draft, so I'm really pumped if it actually happens.  As for Vegas itself, it has definitely changed and it's now an upscale foodie and club city.  Still loads of fun though.

17 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

610 Sports Radio in Kansas City is reporting KC @ Miami will be in London.

Not surprised in the least. Figured London was a long shot, maybe Mexico and even that I still think they will pick a bigger market for. I know a lot of people think the Bills will host KC at home at night but that's another game I just don't see swinging that way. There are limits to how many primetime games teams get and I just can't see Buffalo being prioritized to the top for KC.

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

Not surprised in the least. Figured London was a long shot, maybe Mexico and even that I still think they will pick a bigger market for. I know a lot of people think the Bills will host KC at home at night but that's another game I just don't see swinging that way. There are limits to how many primetime games teams get and I just can't see Buffalo being prioritized to the top for KC.

....Josh Allen and the playoff Bills are pretty compelling....I wouldn't rule it out.

13 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

....Josh Allen and the playoff Bills are pretty compelling....I wouldn't rule it out.

Don't disagree. But Patriots had 5x night games plus 5x 4:00pm games last year. KC will probably have similar and I think the Bills game could be at least a 4:00pm matchup, but KC hosts at home Texans, Patriots, Chargers, & Raiders. Brady is going to at least one of those three which will be a night game. On the road they go to Ravens, Saints, Bills. The real question is where Buffalo rates against those teams plus Falcons & Panthers. There is a shot but the Bills are notorious about trying to keep as many games as possible 1:00 pm for traveling NYS fans. If Brady goes in division those games will become primetime quickly. Also I guess 2014 still hangs on me where I and every other Bills game swore we were getting Bills Packers on MNF only for it to be confirmed wrong. I know its different and I believe they will get more night games and press, but I am still skeptical we'd get KC at home because we are still small market and they'd want em for a bigger market.