Justin Jefferson should be our WR target at 22

DJB

29 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Jefferson and Shenault are not small and are not burners. Ruggs is, but the level of playmaking that Ruggs can bring to the team is a total game-changer, probably moreso than any other WR that is within our grasp. I think Ruggs will require a trade-up though and I'm not really in favor of that. But long story short, Ruggs will put pressure on defenses every single snap he's on the field and that just isn't the case with Brown and Beasley; Ruggs is the kind of player that can be the key to your offense due to what he can do with the ball as well as what he can do without it.

I don't think Jefferson and Shenault are similar to him at all.

I’d take Ruggs at 22. I don’t think he’ll be there, but if he is, and Allen gets his deep ball figured out - Good luck defending Beasley and Knox in the middle of the field with Brown and Ruggs outside. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d take Ruggs at 22. I don’t think he’ll be there, but if he is, and Allen gets his deep ball figured out - Good luck defending Beasley and Knox in the middle of the field with Brown and Ruggs outside. 

Blazing speed but he's 5'11''. They still will need that big boy receiver. 

3 hours ago, DJB said:

(Highlight video)

As good as he looks here my first thought is “Wow, Joe Burrow is fantastic.”  Quality highlights for sure, but I will have to watch some game film.  Great with the contested catches, but how’s his separation?  Lots of throws had to be dimes.  Jefferson looks like he could be a Michael Thomas if he also had Brees throwing to him.  But is he going to get all of those dimes from Allen?  I’m hoping for a bigger WR with separation ability and a big catch radius.  Still, the contested catch ability is a huge plus and he looks to be a quality prospect.  

Jefferson is one of my favorite WR in this draft , I think the Eagles will grab him BUT if he’s still there at 22 i HOPE he’s our pick ...

Im also not a big fan of  Higgins and I believe he slips to the second round , 

16 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Blazing speed but he's 5'11''. They still will need that big boy receiver. 

Agreed, but it’s not Ruggs vs Lamb... It would be Ruggs vs Jefferson/Higgins etc.  

Are those guys that much of an upgrade over Duke Williams?  Maybe.  I’m not 100% sold on that though.  

I know what Ruggs can do, and while it’s a bit redundant with Brown, he would bring an absurd dimension for the defense to have to counter Allen’s arm and Brown/Ruggs on opposite sides of the field. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t see Philly taking him over Juedy, Ruggs, or Lamb.  And I don’t see those 3 all being gone before Phillys pick.  If they are, then yes, I think Jefferson is a near lock to Philly.  But i have a hard time mocking 3 WRs in the top 20 picks this year.  Could happen of course, but just not seeing it as likely especially with how deep the WR class is.

I think all 3 are gone by 17.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think all 3 are gone by 17.

They’re just too good of prospects to last to us.  Even on the very remote chance one falls some other WR needy team will jump us for him.  If we want one we have to make a move up.

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

Guy makes plays down the field though.  He just doesn't bring actual 4.4 separation to the tape.  He makes a lot of plays, great at high pointing - great at contested catches down field and over the middle.  I also feel like he's that guy thats just... open when you scramble.  Finds the open grass or something.  Shades of doug baldwin.  

great cliche !!.....?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’ll take any weapons we add for Josh, but I do feel there’s a huge drop from Lamb/Jeudy to everyone else.  

Lamb/Jeudy is the type we need.  If we’re staying put at 22, I’d rather take BPA and not reach for WR. If they believe a WR is BPA there, so be it. 

There is a huge dropoff after Jeudy & Lamb. Not sure Ruggs is nothing more than Tavon Austin.  If we do consider trading down and adding 2nd/ 3rd round picks we might as well target Mims or Claypool. Even Higgins & Shenault are going to fall.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

No he shouldn't. 

He is Landry. That is exactly my view. I am not sure he will ever be a true #1 receiver. 

I mean - 5 straight pro bowls... averages about 90/1000/6.  I think the way gase used him was probably wrong for his skillset, but he's still a good player.  He can make plays down the field, has fantastic hands, active blocker, physical downfield and hard to tackle.  

He's not a true #1 receiver, but i think he's probably the best #2 in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I mean - 5 straight pro bowls... averages about 90/1000/6.  I think the way gase used him was probably wrong for his skillset, but he's still a good player.  He can make plays down the field, has fantastic hands, active blocker, physical downfield and hard to tackle.  

If that’s Jefferson’s comp, I’m not using pick #22 on a high end #2 when there’s #2 level WR’s throughout the entire 2nd Round, into the 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, dneveu said:

He is a good #2. I am just not taking a guy I don't think can be a #1 at the 22nd pick with a roster that is crying out for a #1. I think Jefferson is ideal for Green Bay or New Orleans. I'd pass on him if I were the Bills. I think Jefferson has a decent floor and a low bust %. I just think he has a low star % too. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

If that’s Jefferson’s comp, I’m not using pick #22 on a high end #2 when there’s #2 level WR’s throughout the entire 2nd Round, into the 3rd. 

I just don't know what is considered #1 anymore.  Does he need to be tall? or does he need to be fast?  Do we want super big plays down the field?  Or are you looking for someone who can catch the ball and make a ton of plays.  I think Jefferson could easily compare to a player like Keenan Allen as much as Landry.  Baldwin... Adams... These guys aren't super fast or super big but they're super productive because they can a- get open b- good hands c- make contested plays on the ball.

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Nah.   Rather not take the 8th ranked WR in the class at pick #22 

That is exactly where I have him ranked too.  He is my #8 WR. 

Just now, dneveu said:

I just don't know what is considered #1 anymore.  Does he need to be tall? or does he need to be fast?  Do we want super big plays down the field?  Or are you looking for someone who can catch the ball and make a ton of plays.  I think Jefferson could easily compare to a player like Keenan Allen as much as Landry.  Baldwin... Adams... These guys aren't super fast or super big but they're super productive because they can a- get open b- good hands c- make contested plays on the ball.

Well his tape when he plays outside does not compare well to any of those guys. If you are going to make the #1 argument the best one to make is Edelman. He has arguably been the Pats #1 guy from the slot as Welker was before him. If Jefferson is your #1 you are throwing to your slot guy a LOT.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He is a good #2. I am just not taking a guy I don't think can be a #1 at the 22nd pick with a roster that is crying out for a #1. I think Jefferson is ideal for Green Bay or New Orleans. I'd pass on him if I were the Bills. I think Jefferson has a decent floor and a low bust %. I just think he has a low star % too. 

I actually agree with you.  I still say BPA.  Team needs stars and i don't really care on the position.