Jets Quinnen Williams Arrested in NY

Even if he had a NY permit he would not be allowed to carry it at Laguardia. You need an additional and special permit to carry inside of the NYC limits.

It's almost impossible to get one if you're not law enforcement or a security employee that also resides within city limits.

26 minutes ago, babulator said:

Even if he had a NY permit he would not be allowed to carry it at Laguardia. You need an additional and special permit to carry inside of the NYC limits.

It's almost impossible to get one if you're not law enforcement or a security employee that also resides within city limits.

Not impossible to get a NYC carry permit if you're politically connected or wealthy enough to grease the skids.  Everybody else has their applications pushed to the bottom of the pile or denied. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I have several thoughts about this... 

1- I feel bad for whatever stupid lapse of judgment and lack of wise council caused this kid (22yr old) to not realize how much of an idiot he was being here. This will cause him issues- hopefully nothing too serious. 

2- We got the better DT in the draft. That was clear in play, but this drives that home some. 

3- Anything that makes the Jets look like more of a pile of ***** is good for me!

I agree with all your points. I do feel bad for Williams because he seems like a good guy. But I definitely don’t feel bad for the Jets. 

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

1- I feel bad for whatever stupid lapse of judgment and lack of wise council caused this kid (22yr old) to not realize how much of an idiot he was being here. This will cause him issues- hopefully nothing too serious. 

2- We got the better DT in the draft. That was clear in play, but this drives that home some. 

3- Anything that makes the Jets look like more of a pile of ***** is good for me!

You're right on all points.  Jests being the Jests.  They're so screwed up at times it's hard to imagine that anything worse could happen and then right on queue they crash and burn on something else.  They are better than reality TV.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:16 AM, whatdrought said:

4- He was headed to Mexico? , wtf was he thinking bringing as firearm into a Mexican airport? Let alone an American airport. He is lucky to be arrested in the States and not Mexico. What a fool this guy is, he should be required to wear a court jesters hat and a sign that says FOOL on it for a year straight after this is settled. 

Edited by Don Otreply

3 hours ago, fansince88 said:

This explains  it all: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150101/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation

That said, I m a NYS CC Permit holder. It is my duty to know the laws of each state. You cannot legally posses in NYC without written consent by NYPD. I have family on Long Island. I could carry to LI from my county with my weapon stored the way it is explained in the first two paragraphs of the article without consent but can be arrested for it. If I dont get consent first I do not carry "through" NYC. That said, I also have a Utah permit that gives me lefal right to carry 42 states the time. That has changed in the last 9 years since I got it. For instance Pennsylvania no longer accepts the Utah Permit. But I can in Delaware.  So, I can travel under US law through Pennsylvania without overniting to go to Delaware with the proper transportation requirements in the first two paragraphs. NYS does not recognise any other states carry permits so the Alabama permit does not hold give him permission in  NYS and if he did not get permission in NYC he is screwed. 

Who did you sell your soul to to get a NYS carry permit?

A major barrier to me wanting to come up and visit family is that my VA permit isn’t worth jack anywhere north of Richmond. 

but yeah- there are a lot of hoops to jump through... pretty much the easiest rule to remember is no airports unless you’re checking it, have the TSA papers, and have it locked down. From what’s been reported that doesn’t sound like his situation (not that it matters as he’s surely not allowed to have it in NYS/NYC)

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

I did 23 years in law enforcement.  I would not be surprised if he literally forgot he had the gun in the luggage.  I know it sounds whacked but a fair number of people store their gun in their luggage at their home.  They pack for a trip and forget the damn gun is in there.  It would not be the first time I heard this.  

2 hours ago, eball said:

What person doesn't know carrying a weapon in an airport is a no-no?

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I was just thinking to myself, I’m sure glad my travel pro carryon doesn’t have a holster compartment.

oooos did I forget to leave Betsy home again?? 

Anyone remember Barry Switzer being arrested for this:

"Switzer, after returning to Austin to join the team at training camp, said he had inadvertently left the gun in his travel bag after putting it there with the intention of hiding it from three young children who were guests at his home last weekend."

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/1997/aug/05/switzer-arrested-with-gun-cowboys-coach-said-he/

Gun laws need to be normalized across the country but still stupid for him to do this. 

Not sure if there are mandatory penalties in NYS.  In NJ, there are no options from the mandatory jail time.  I was always afraid I would forget and take my legal gun from NY into NJ (driving) and it would be found. 

Unfortunate for him but I do not feel bad for the impact on the Jets.

22 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Gun laws need to be normalized across the country but still stupid for him to do this. 

Not sure if there are mandatory penalties in NYS.  In NJ, there are no options from the mandatory jail time.  I was always afraid I would forget and take my legal gun from NY into NJ (driving) and it would be found. 

Unfortunate for him but I do not feel bad for the impact on the Jets.

If by normalized, you mean eradicated, we agree. ;) but that’s probably a chat for the PPP. 

[mod edit: definitely a chat for the PPP.  Thnx!]

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I own guns and I have a CC, but I certainly don't travel from Oregon to CA thinking gun laws are the same, I believe NY is just as strict with their gun laws as California is. 

Yah NY's gun laws are pretty strict the powers that be know what's best for you though ... I just hope they don't throw the book at him for being foolish & not thinking ...

Edited by T master

6 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

I did 23 years in law enforcement.  I would not be surprised if he literally forgot he had the gun in the luggage.  I know it sounds whacked but a fair number of people store their gun in their luggage at their home.  They pack for a trip and forget the damn gun is in there.  It would not be the first time I heard this.  

I had that happen with a hunting knife. Previous trip was to Wyoming.... found the knife 3 months later while unpacking my carry on duffle in the Bahamas. How they missed a 5” fixed blade in the x-ray I’ll never know. 

22 minutes ago, T master said:

Yah NY's gun laws are pretty strict the powers that be know what's best for you though ... I just hope they don't throw the book at him for being foolish & not thinking ...

I mean - he legally can't carry it in the state.  Let alone at the airport.  Huge lapse in judgement.