Bills G.M. thinking about when to extend Tre’Davious White

I would expect no less than the frame work of extensions are already in place, and unless one or both side gets GREEDY/stupid the extensions will go off without a hitch, #notworriedatall

Go Bills!!!

12 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Takes two to tango

as Beanes also explained very well indeed.
I have no worries Bills will treat Tre White well and with respect.

But do not be surprised if he wants t be the highest paid CB in the league.
all about the terms of the contract.

Go Bills

as one would expect 

he was the 2nd best behind Gilmore. 

12 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It's smart to extend Tre now, but I don't think he should be the highest paid CB in the league.  He's good, but not quite "shut down" good.

That's not how it works. He's among the top CB's in the league. It's his turn for a contract. His contract will be the new CB standard and he won't be the highest paid for long.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Augie said:

I say you let him walk. Zone corners are easy to find.

WAIT, this isn’t the unpopular opinion thread??? Never mind!    :)

Buffalo hasn't been faced with re-signing a 1st Team All-Pro in a long time. 

And this is probably the first time that they've replaced a top CB (Gilmore) with another outstanding one. 

I'm interested to see how these negotiations progress given that they haven't had to re-sign one of their own yet.  OBD has some big decisions coming up.

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

1st team all pro and didnt allow a single TD in coverage this year. Only CB in the league to do that, including that defensive MVP in NE

He sucks

Umm, he got badly toasted by DeAndre Hopkins in the playoffs.  Show me where I said he sucks.  I think he's good, but not quite elite...one step below that.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/01/buffalo-bills-tredavious-white-getting-overdue-superstar-madden-20-status.html

someone out there disagrees - for full effect zoom into the picture to see his superstar X factor...  

hint ... it’s under his name in the fancy font. 

Please tell me we're not using Madden to rate players....

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

And yet he was the only CB in the league last season not to allow a passing TD,  go figure...He's better than Xavien Howard and look what Miami gave him. That being said I expect him to be in the Top 3 paid CB's in the NFL. He's the only true "No Brainer" on the team. Sure,  Dawkins and Milano may be retained but they are nowhere in the conversation of being the best at their positions.

Tre Day will soon be known as Tre Pay Day......

Agree, Tre Pay Day will soon be here.  Tre may not have allowed a single passing TD, but he got burnt enough that allowed the opposition to get into scoring range; DeAndre Hopkins ran his mouth about it after the Wildcard loss.  Maybe it's that I'm of the mindset that it makes more sense to pay your lines big money rather than your backfield.

33 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Agree, Tre Pay Day will soon be here.  Tre may not have allowed a single passing TD, but he got burnt enough that allowed the opposition to get into scoring range; DeAndre Hopkins ran his mouth about it after the Wildcard loss.  Maybe it's that I'm of the mindset that it makes more sense to pay your lines big money rather than your backfield.

Using one single game as the foundation for a debate over a full season of work just really isn't all that great.

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Using one single game as the foundation for a debate over a full season of work just really isn't all that great.

That was an important game, you just can't get beat like there.  And it wasn't just one game, he got burnt in other regular season games.

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That was an important game, you just can't get beat like there.  And it wasn't just one game, he got burnt in other regular season games.

so did any other elite corner... it comes with the territory.

over the span of a whole season the mans overall play landed him on the 1st team all pro squad. netting honors like that multiple times usually lands somebody in canton... I didn't even know the good/elite debate still existed for him. I suspect its really only a still a debate for a handful of people.

I think it's interesting that no 1st round defensive player has signed a new deal after only 3 season since Kueckly in 2015.  Players like Aaron Donald, Joey Bosa, Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Jalen Ramsey etc all played out at least 4 years of their rookie contract before getting a new one.  It'll be interesting to see if Beane breaks the trend.

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so did any other elite corner... it comes with the territory.

over the span of a whole season the mans overall play landed him on the 1st team all pro squad. netting honors like that multiple times usually lands somebody in canton... I didn't even know the good/elite debate still existed for him. I suspect its really only a still a debate for a handful of people.

There is a lot of group think that goes on around here.