Bills G.M. thinking about when to extend Tre’Davious White

The Bills are sitting on more cap space than they could realistically spend on outside free agents, so part of their job this offseason will be figuring when and how to extend some current players.

At the top of that list is cornerback Tre'Davious White, who is eligible for an extension now that he’s played three seasons. The Bills could squat on him for a fifth year by picking up his option, but locking him up long-term is something General Manager Brandon Beane is clearly considering.

“Obviously, Tre’s a guy we love and want back,” Beane said during an interview on WGR, via the Buffalo News. 
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-g-m-thinking-extend-113903671.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Bills are sitting on more cap space than they could realistically spend on outside free agents, so part of their job this offseason will be figuring when and how to extend some current players.

At the top of that list is cornerback Tre'Davious White, who is eligible for an extension now that he’s played three seasons. The Bills could squat on him for a fifth year by picking up his option, but locking him up long-term is something General Manager Brandon Beane is clearly considering.

“Obviously, Tre’s a guy we love and want back,” Beane said during an interview on WGR, via the Buffalo News. 
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-g-m-thinking-extend-113903671.html

GM really showing his hand there....lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

“We would love”. 

then.      

Make it so 

Takes two to tango

as Beanes also explained very well indeed.
I have no worries Bills will treat Tre White well and with respect.

But do not be surprised if he wants t be the highest paid CB in the league.
all about the terms of the contract.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Takes two to tango

as Beanes also explained very well indeed.
I have no worries Bills will treat Tre White well and with respect.

But do not be surprised if he wants t be the highest paid CB in the league.
all about the terms of the contract.

Go Bills

It's smart to extend Tre now, but I don't think he should be the highest paid CB in the league.  He's good, but not quite "shut down" good.

• Like (+1) 1

CBA. 

Everyone is waiting for this to either go through or not go through. Teams, players & their agents are all waiting to see the ramifications.

Why sign now under this CBA, if under a new CBA White could get not money long term? 

I think this is THE reason there’s been so few (if any? I can’t think of one) contract extension signed really since the end of the regular season.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It's smart to extend Tre now, but I don't think he should be the highest paid CB in the league.  He's good, but not quite "shut down" good.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/01/buffalo-bills-tredavious-white-getting-overdue-superstar-madden-20-status.html

someone out there disagrees - for full effect zoom into the picture to see his superstar X factor...  

hint ... it’s under his name in the fancy font. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Much depends on what happens in FA I would think. The Bills FO probably have a few 'targets' they will actively pursue. I'm sure they will get a couple of those, but should the 'best case' scenario happen, and they get all the guys they target, then I can see an extension for White not happening until next season.

If they don't get to spend as much as they would have hoped, then I think it's more likely that they will do an extension for him this year.

If the new CBA isn't agreed soon, I wonder how much of a 'feeding frenzy' there will be when FA actually opens. 

I'm pretty confident that White will be extended, but as to when is the best time to do it is still up in the air, imho. The one thing I will say about this FO, is that they will almost certainly let White know how they are intending to proceed, once they make the decision. i.e. If it isn't going to be this year, they will tell him, and also that they will be taking up his option, because they do want to do the deal next year.

7 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

And yet he was the only CB in the league last season not to allow a passing TD,  go figure...He's better than Xavien Howard and look what Miami gave him. That being said I expect him to be in the Top 3 paid CB's in the NFL. He's the only true "No Brainer" on the team. Sure,  Dawkins and Milano may be retained but they are nowhere in the conversation of being the best at their positions.

Tre Day will soon be known as Tre Pay Day......

Edited by billsbackto81

9 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He will be though. If every corner in the league was negotiating a new deal at the same time maybe he wouldn't, but that isn't the way it works. The two guys in that elite group who are likely to be extended this year are Tre White and Jalen Ramsey - both are top 5 corners in the NFL. Both will re-set the market. The first one to sign only pushes up the price for the second one to sign.

When Beane says they are "thinking about the right time" I am convinced that is because they are waiting to see what happens with the new CBA. Do we know when this vote is? As soon as the CBA is approved, which enables you not to give up a year of cost control in 2020 you sign this deal.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

1st team all pro and didnt allow a single TD in coverage this year. Only CB in the league to do that, including that defensive MVP in NE

He sucks

• Like (+1) 1