Increase in wiping down of gym equipment

Steve O

8 hours ago, frogger said:

The LA Fitness I go to was out of hand sanitizer yesterday, when I asked the front desk, she told me people were stealing it.  I laughed at her, there were empty bladders left In every wall mounted container.  She was lying, I told her I had to quit my membership.

Yea we had to lock it up at my job people were trying to steal it. This guy even showed me how he goes upstairs when the customer service leaves and fills his little bottle he carries around every day from the wall mounted dispensers.

On 3/6/2020 at 5:31 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I was actually thinking the same thing today. I’m a gym wiper but mostly because I’m a bit of a germaphobe. I feel like younger people are better about it but that may just be my perception. I’m 38 and feel like I kind of fall in the middle-aged club. I went at 10 AM today which is prime older crowd and they were wiping things down. I was impressed.

The gym that I go to closed down until further notice. The county pool that I swim at closed down until further notice. As each day goes by there will be more closures and restrictions to social interactions. We are in unprecedented and uncharted territory. 

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

The gym that I go to closed down until further notice. The county pool that I swim at closed down until further notice. As each day goes by there will be more closures and restrictions to social interactions. We are in unprecedented and uncharted territory. 

I see that LA Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness, Lifetime Fitness and Orange Theory have all closed until further notice.

24 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I see that LA Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness, Lifetime Fitness and Orange Theory have all closed until further notice.

Yes they have...an my swimmer daughter who does OT when home is going to drive me nuts! I am going making her run with one of the dogs, cause when she  dont get exercise she is ungodly to live with !

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I won't be surprised if in the near future there is going to be a similar San Francisco home clamp down on most urban locations. If that will help to shorten this health crisis/scare then I wouldn't be against it. That is not to say that I still wouldn't complain about it. 

Anytime Fitness is letting their franchise owners follow state guidance.   We are still open in NC....but pretty empty. 

I think I use about 30 wipes and do about 4 hand washes in 75-90 minutes--50 to 60 minutes on the treadmill and then weights.  Plus the great staff at our gym is doing a deep clean of all cardio equipment; benches; etc. every couple of hours. 

I haven't seen anyone like @teef yet but if I do I may cough on them....