Redskins give Trent Williams the green light to seek trade.

Although I like Williams I think he might be damaged goods at this point.  I think of him more as a reclamation project as opposed to someone who would be worth giving up both significant draft compensation and a big contract for. I think if he only cost you draft picks or cap dollars he might be worth a chance but I don't see it working out advantageously for the Bills. Overall I would say that the Bills are better off resigning Spain to a modest deal and keeping the O-line together or kicking Ford into guard and signing a vet RT in free agency. 

My prediction is the Bills draft their starting right tackle in the 1st round, extend Dawkins, and kick Ford to LG.  I doubt Beane puts that much money into two tackles.

We go WR in the 2nd.  DE and SLB will be addressed in free agency and in the later rounds of the draft for depth.

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

31 years old. Last year of current contract. If

you give him a new contract it isn’t going to be super long term or lucrative enough to hamper what you want to do with Dawkins, White, Milano or Josh. 

the only way I am in on this if I know he will play RT and not complain. And actually knows his value is no longer too money. 

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I don’t think I want the Bills in on this unless t won’t require a new contract and he will play RT. 

That is my thing. The contract wouldn’t be bad IMO I think it would be something like Spencer Long. Club options maybe put his 2020 salary at guaranteed 18M. have a 3 or 4 year deal that is essentially a 2 year deal. Gives you two years to groom Ford as a RT or find another one. 

key is if he is willing to play RT

Why in the world would a perennial All Pro LT want to play RT? I'd love to see him at LT while moving Dawkins to RT. As mentioned Dawkins is an average and serviceable LT but Williams is a far superior player. His age and the desire to be the highest paid LT plus the fact a team will have to give up at least a 2nd rounder will not help his cause. Williams and Dawkins as bookends with Morse at C and Ford and Feliciano at G is a beautiful fantasy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I don’t think I want the Bills in on this unless t won’t require a new contract and he will play RT. 

What exactly does this mean?  To me, it is the Redskins way of saying "hello NFL GM's. If you are interested in overpaying for Williams he is available."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

What exactly does this mean?  To me, it is the Redskins way of saying "hello NFL GM's. If you are interested in overpaying for Williams he is available."

means I don’t want Williams unless he realizes he isnt getting big money at this point in his career and if he is not interested in playing on the Right Side. 

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Why in the world would a perennial All Pro LT want to play RT? I'd love to see him at LT while moving Dawkins to RT. As mentioned Dawkins is an average and serviceable LT but Williams is a far superior player. His age and the desire to be the highest paid LT plus the fact a team will have to give up at least a 2nd rounder will not help his cause. Williams and Dawkins as bookends with Morse at C and Ford and Feliciano at G is a beautiful fantasy.

he has been an All Pro ONE Time in his career. That really isn’t perennial. 2015 he was a 2nd team all Pro. You are now 5 years removed from that and will be over a year in actually playing football. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

means I don’t want Williams unless he realizes he isnt getting big money at this point in his career and if he is not interested in playing on the Right Side. 

no no no, what does it mean when Washington says he can  seek a trade?  (it means nothing)

Not a swipe/question for you, just a silly announcement.

11 hours ago, Augie said:

She either messed up, or was brilliant by not preparing him for the Wonderlic test. His 13 was a clear indication that he did NOT focus on preparation for that. Not saying that’s why he fell, but there were some concerns. 

I think they didn't want Lamar to go to a losing team or a team in disarray.  It wasn't just the Wonderlic, there were some social media posts around the draft that were questionable.  Lamar sitting around with guys who were acting stoned, listening to rap lyrics sort of stuff. 

But that's just my opinion.

30 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

no no no, what does it mean when Washington says he can  seek a trade?  (it means nothing)

Not a swipe/question for you, just a silly announcement.

They also interviews Trent Williams, and asked will he be back in Washington and he said no

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

the dude hasn’t played in over a year and has head issues. Literally 

And those are the reasons why I think Compensation would be able to be relatively cheap.

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

he doesn’t want cheap.  He wants too dollar

You know this how?  Has he said he wouldn't accept a 10M AAV?  and my cheap is in terms of compensation that would be required to the Skins.  He will NEVER play another down for them, the league knows this.  So everyday he is on their roster the compensation back keeps falling.

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I thought I remember hearing that this was tried and didn't work out well.  Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I thought I recall that Dawkins isn't as good on the right side of the line.

I actually looked up gamelogs last night .  I found one game in 2017 where Dawkins was listed as RT but I think it was an error because so was Jordan Mills, there was no one else listed as LT, and both Mills and Dawkins were shown as playing 100% of the snaps.  So

Maybe in preseason of 2017 or something but I don't recall.  There was talk about maybe Dawkins should move to RT last preseason with everyone coming in, but he put that to rest pretty quickly not by being a bad RT, but by making it clear he was the best LT of the lot of 'em.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Augie said:

Lamar’s mommy doesn’t like being left out! 

Yeah “Lamar’s mommy” is dumb. Moving her family when he was in high school so he would play QB was dumb. Going to Louisville to continue playing QB was dumb. Not paying an agent to negotiate a slotted NFL rookie contract dumb.

36 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Yeah “Lamar’s mommy” is dumb. Moving her family when he was in high school so he would play QB was dumb. Going to Louisville to continue playing QB was dumb. Not paying an agent to negotiate a slotted NFL rookie contract dumb.

She is apparently a private person, or there would be a tear-jerker docudrama about their whole lives.

18 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

What do you have to give up to trade for him??  I'm sure Wash is looking for ALOT more than what I'm willing to give for him.

How much will he want in a new contract?? Again, not sure he would be worth it.

Finally, dude had head problems and couldn't put on a helmet... Yikes!

I'd say pass. 

Probably not in the cards for the Bills for a number of reasons.  The most important one is that you don’t displace a good, young LT for an expensive elite one at the end of his career.  You just pay you good one and move forward.

he has been an All Pro ONE Time in his career. That really isn’t perennial. 2015 he was a 2nd team all Pro. You are now 5 years removed from that and will be over a year in actually playing football. 

Fine. If you want to nitpick my post. Can we at least agree that:

1. He is a 7x PB'er

2. He was a AP 2nd team All Pro, but has made All Pro in other venues like the Sporting News and PFF 4 other times.

3. He is more talented and a serious upgrade over Dawkins.

4. His age and desire to be the highest paid is hurting his campaign.

5. Unless his demands change drastically he will not be a Buffalo Bill 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Fine. If you want to nitpick my post. Can we at least agree that:

1. He is a 7x PB'er

2. He was a AP 2nd team All Pro, but has made All Pro in other venues like the Sporting News and PFF 4 other times.

3. He is more talented and a serious upgrade over Dawkins.

4. His age and desire to be the highest paid is hurting his campaign.

5. Unless his demands change drastically he will not be a Buffalo Bill 

And that is FINE