Redskins give Trent Williams the green light to seek trade.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I don’t think I want the Bills in on this unless t won’t require a new contract and he will play RT. 

Lol well I’m pretty sure you listed the two things he will not do.. It will be talked about on here but this isn’t a likely possibility for buffalo 

8 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Not a process guy. not happening

Maybe you can debate whether he handled the situation appropriately, but saying he wouldn’t fit in culturally here is a bit presumptive. The guy had a legitimate beef with how they handled his medical situation. Yeah, I’m sure he wants a re-worked contract too, but to say he’s not process enough for the Bills is a little unfair. The guy kept his mouth shut and played for a mediocre to awful team for most of his career. I think he’d fit in fine here. I’m just not sure he’d want to play right tackle. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 11

26 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Maybe you can debate whether he handled the situation appropriately, but saying he wouldn’t fit in culturally here is a bit presumptive. The guy had a legitimate beef with how they handled his medical situation. Yeah, I’m sure he wants a re-worked contract too, but to say he’s not process enough for the Bills is a little unfair. The guy kept his mouth shut and played for a mediocre to awful team for most of his career. I think he’d fit in fine here. I’m just not sure he’d want to play right tackle. 

It’s hard to know what happened behind the scenes there, but I do like the feeling that we now have an organization who does things the right way......unlike teams like the Redskins. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

So your going to pay top dollar to him and now its Dawkins turn. Everybody looks at that big cap money and think it never ends. White is going to be first in line. Throw in Milano, Dawkins and then Josh Poof gone.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

So your going to pay top dollar to him and now its Dawkins turn. Everybody looks at that big cap money and think it never ends. White is going to be first in line. Throw in Milano, Dawkins and then Josh Poof gone.

31 years old. Last year of current contract. If

you give him a new contract it isn’t going to be super long term or lucrative enough to hamper what you want to do with Dawkins, White, Milano or Josh. 

the only way I am in on this if I know he will play RT and not complain. And actually knows his value is no longer too money. 

17 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Hey now.  No rational financial responsibility allowed here.  ?

Talent wise I'd rather pay Trent Williams then Dawkins, but he is already integrated into the offense and is younger, plus you don't have to surrender draft compensation.

A straight up swap between the two is interesting though...

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I never said I wanted him. I just said I think he’d fit in fine here culturally. He’s an aging tackle who missed an entire year of football. He’s got a larger cap number, and I don’t think he’d want to play right tackle. Personally, second to edge rusher, I wouldn’t mind grabbing our right tackle in the draft at 22. Unless one of the top dogs fall, I think we can wait until round 2 for receiver. 

I’m over the whole “not a process guy” thing. The Bills had a trade worked out for ANTONIO BROWN!!! The assumption that the Bills will only entertain certain personalities is not just misguided, it’s wrong. When Beane and McDermott arrived they wanted to establish a core in the locker room. They did that. They then negotiated a deal for ANTONIO BROWN!! Stop looking at every player through the “not a process lens” and figure out if the guy makes sense for the Bills. In Williams case, at his position and at his contract demands, I don’t think it makes sense.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How did his hold-out impact his contract?  Did it basically put 2019 on pause and he now has 2 years left, or is he on the 2020 year of his contract?

He reported back in time for the accrued season. He is on the final year of his deal