America's Best Buffalo Wings

TSNBDSC

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I will try them if I get the opportunity.

I wasn't a big wing snob... Till I tasted the difference.  If you like Bar-Bill... You will like their style.  

The only fear... It gets too popular.  But it won't, its in South Buffalo.   Being cloistered away will keep people out.  Will always stay a secret because of the social dynamics...

Cash only too...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Nine-Eleven should be #1, not #5.

Telling you... Try Nine-Eleven in South Buffalo.  Blows the doors off Duff's.  NOT that much off Bar-Bill, but still better.  Bar-Bill getting too busy and serving too many wings.

I've heard you frequent 7-11

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I've heard you frequent 7-11

I know some will hate.  But probably because they don't want the word out.

They are that good.  But, some will always disagree.

Even the place was probably praying they were NOT ranked #1.  Become overloaded with new people in the neighborhood...

They probably didn't even want to be ranked at all.  It's a cash only dive... 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Bar Bill is my favorite.  In the Buffalo area, I've only had Bar Bill and Anchor.  Had no problem with Anchor's wings.  I just think Bar Bill wings are much better.  Texture, sauce (flavor and amount) are exactly what I like.

I've never bothered trying Duff's after a trusted source's review of them.

Bar Bill, Gabriel’s Gate and Elmo’s are my favorite wing spots.  I was supposed to go to the new Bar Bill on Main in Williamsville/Clarence  tonight for a friend’s birthday celebration but sadly she is sick.  I was really looking forward to it.

The Bar Bill and Gabriel’s Gate are a fun local places.  Elmo’s lacks their ambience.  It’s a hole in the wall, but the wings are no joke. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Bar Bill is my favorite.  In the Buffalo area, I've only had Bar Bill and Anchor.  Had no problem with Anchor's wings.  I just think Bar Bill wings are much better.  Texture, sauce (flavor and amount) are exactly what I like.

I've never bothered trying Duff's after a trusted source's review of them.

All of this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I wasn't a big wing snob... Till I tasted the difference.  If you like Bar-Bill... You will like their style.  

The only fear... It gets too popular.  But it won't, its in South Buffalo.   Being cloistered away will keep people out.  Will always stay a secret because of the social dynamics...

Cash only too...

Bar Bill is also cash-only.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Just put down 20 hot at Duff's. Hory shet.

I’ve told this here before, but I’m laughing just thinking about it, so......

I was at a pizza joint sitting at the bar having lunch. A guy and his wife come in and sit down next to me. He orders his wings hot, and they tell him medium is hot (what I get), and hot is really HOT! He says “that’s what beer is for.” It’s not their regular sauce, but hotter. It’s some kind of a dry rub.  After the first wing I ask how they are. He’s says, with some bravado, “they’re just fine!” He orders another beer. During the second wing he says “it builds on you”, and is wiping his nose and his eyes. Orders yet another beer. Blowing his nose like crazy....

Anyway, the guy bangs out a half dozen beers at lunch trying to be the macho man finishing his 6 wings with tears streaming down his face, honking his nose like crazy! THIS is why I don’t do “I dare you food”. 

On 3/5/2020 at 6:50 PM, Augie said:

WHAT???  I went to the Duff’s in Newnan, GA recently and didn’t realize they might have Loganberry! Now......I need to go back, 80 miles round trip. Loganberry makes it worth it. 

Yep. I'm diabetic, and I'm usually pretty good about not playing the "I'll eat/drink this sugary thing and just take more insulin" game. That day was an exception. My wife hasn't been to Buffalo, but always heard me talk about Loganberry. So I had one with my meal, and took another can to take home for her to try. 

As far as the Anchor Bar goes, they make a fine wing, and I tip my cap to them being the OG. If you're not from the area, and you go there, it'll probably be the best wing you've had in your life. That said, so many people took their original invention, and did so much more with it.  

• 2 months later...

Bar Bill is top notch for sure but sometimes it is hard to get in there since it is so small, or at least the East Aurora location.

Tried this place on a recommendation a couple years ago:

http://www.route78streetbar.com/

...and now it is my go-to every time I am back in WNY.

It meets all the criteria the article in the OP listed. They also have a wing flavor they call Bradford Style. It is a dry wing, which I usually am not a fan of, but these are delicious. So much so that now each visit includes at least ten of these to go along with the hots or hot bbq.

A short rant

I hate how the world has disrespect "Buffalo" wings. No one would suggest the best Kansas City bbq would be anywhere outside KC. Or the same with Memphis bbq. New York pizza slice is NYC and Chicago pizza and Chicago Style pizza are descriptive differences.

Wings are wings, Buffalo Wings are definitively Buffalo. 

A description should be "Buffalo style" wings if outside Buffalo or in any of those national chain restaurants. 

ps

The National and international exposure  for Buffalo has been good. 

So for dinner, I will cook my version of Buffalo Style wings, have some cold beer and thank the inventor of this incredible food. 

On 3/5/2020 at 7:50 PM, Augie said:

WHAT???  I went to the Duff’s in Newnan, GA recently and didn’t realize they might have Loganberry! Now......I need to go back, 80 miles round trip. Loganberry makes it worth it. 

You said "might". That is like saying Billicheat MIGHT stop cheating now that Teflon T*m is no longer there.

Call first and save the carbon footprint.