UPDATE: NBC Rejects trade offer. : Per Report: ESPN Trying to "Trade" For Al Michael's to pair with Peyton for MNF broadcast.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

He’d be commenting on a football game, not running for President. Did Madden have great dialect ? Regardless of one’s personal take on Madden, he was very popular. Manning gets a very high “ Q score” or whatever , so he has the broad appeal that networks covet. It doesn’t matter if he’s as analytical as Romo, it’s simply that people like him. That’s gold for TV. 

yeah booger is likable... I’m not sure I agree 

43 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

But yet he passed that like ability enough to get the job, right? 

He was impressive enough to whoever was doing the hiring. We have no idea what the criteria were. Anecdotal evidence would suggest Booger isn’t very popular with viewers. Their interest in Manning , who scores very highly in that category, would align with this. Regardless of one’s personal opinion of Manning, a high number of viewers find him likeable.

37 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

What is Dennis Miller up to? (all kidding aside I thought he had some funny moments during his limited run as an announcer)

I agree. While Miller’s humor was beyond the scope of some fans, he had some hilarious stuff. Al Michaels seemed fond of it and also displayed some quick wit of his own in his exchanges with Miller. 

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

He was impressive enough to whoever was doing the hiring. We have no idea what the criteria were. Anecdotal evidence would suggest Booger isn’t very popular with viewers. Their interest in Manning , who scores very highly in that category, would align with this. Regardless of one’s personal opinion of Manning, a high number of viewers find him likeable.

I agree. While Miller’s humor was beyond the scope of some fans, he had some hilarious stuff. Al Michaels seemed fond of it and also displayed some quick wit of his own in his exchanges with Miller. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3820978002

The notion boogers likability didn’t get him his job is preposterous. It’s his key asset.

His detractors are the poor seemingly canned analysis, colloquial Louisiana mannerisms and lack of on the fly insight.

ive heard manning attempt broadcast analyst as a stand in at least once. He was choppy, not insightful and more than Beth Mowens hard to listen to. In fact I’d rather listen to booga read a queue card than Peyton if we are just talking broadcast voice. 

i think his brand name will bring viewers initially but he’s going to shrivel up and fade away when he realizes as everyone else Will that he’s no Romo in the booth.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Just get that idiot Tessatore off the air.  I will NOT watch another NFL game with this over-excited, everything-is-a-huge-moment moron doing the play by play.  If the Bills are playing and he's the announcer I'll mute the TV.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

This is EXACTLY what ESPN would need to bring people back to spending money on TV services. 4-year deal, Al is 72. 

As Dan Patrick wants, put a camera directly behind the offense and let Peyton predict the plays.

Id rather hear what he would have called instead 

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3820978002

The notion boogers likability didn’t get him his job is preposterous. It’s his key asset.

His detractors are the poor seemingly canned analysis, colloquial Louisiana mannerisms and lack of on the fly insight.

ive heard manning attempt broadcast analyst as a stand in at least once. He was choppy, not insightful and more than Beth Mowens hard to listen to. In fact I’d rather listen to booga read a queue card than Peyton if we are just talking broadcast voice. 

i think his brand name will bring viewers initially but he’s going to shrivel up and fade away when he realizes as everyone else Will that he’s no Romo in the booth.  

Don't try to be romo.  Just say what you see and how you would make adjustments.  Quick analysis on where the ball should have gone when a QB makes a mistake.  Etc. 

17 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I just want an “in stadium only” sound option.

Come on now, w streaming thru PC and smart TV you mean to tell me we can’t have custom in-game camera and audio options? That’s how any of these services/sports packages might get my dollar.

But then again, how would I have any idea what a laugh-riot the all new Bob ❤️ Abishola is gonna be? 

i enjoyed the removal of DIck Enberg and Dierdorf and just having the crowd noise and announcing over the PA for that game in the 80s

off course the media wrote their incendiary pieces attacking the concept a week before NBC went on-air without announcers

or let me press a button and cut off Collinsworth and Romo (sometimes) and others who add nothing but blather to what i just saw with my eyeballs on the field

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

No one likes booger.    He is mocked to the ends of the internet on every platform 

better than Witten, that was so sad..

The problem I see with Manning is that he wants everyone to like him and that's part of his lucrative image. He won't say anything remotely candid on air. You will not get Tony Romo. 

Why bother trade for Al Michaels? Just burn it to the ground and find new, fresh talent. 

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The problem I see with Manning is that he wants everyone to like him and that's part of his lucrative image. He won't say anything remotely candid on air. You will not get Tony Romo. 

Why bother trade for Al Michaels? Just burn it to the ground and find new, fresh talent. 

announcers keep going until they are physically or mentally ruined

5 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

No one likes booger.    He is mocked to the ends of the internet on every platform 

...put Wrecks in the booth...…...with Steven A...….all fixed...………..

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1