UPDATE: NBC Rejects trade offer. : Per Report: ESPN Trying to "Trade" For Al Michael's to pair with Peyton for MNF broadcast.

On 3/5/2020 at 6:19 PM, Kmart128 said:

Buck and Aikman are no where near the top 4.... theyre horrendous. And same with Tirico and Collinsworth... Tirico is good but Collinsworth drags them down

I don’t like Buck and Aikman.  Mostly, due to hating listen to Aikman.  I can’t stand him.  It’s all about him defending his ego when nobody cares.

On 3/6/2020 at 12:43 PM, Mr Info said:

Marv Albert says hi.

yes

16 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Nobody said anything about having one’s private predilections outed...?

From 50 years ago?

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Has it been that long since Marv’s Lady friend took exception to him wearing her garments?

probably 25.... meant to type in 500 years ago

Dolan won’t invite Marv back for the 50th celebration of the 1970 win

Marv, Oak, Spike Lee..... 

“SELL THE TEAM”

On 3/6/2020 at 6:48 AM, eball said:

Just get that idiot Tessatore off the air.  I will NOT watch another NFL game with this over-excited, everything-is-a-huge-moment moron doing the play by play.  If the Bills are playing and he's the announcer I'll mute the TV.

cant stand him either. Between his contrived excitement when the kicker is warming up kicking into the net as halftime winds down and then Snot telling ‘AMERICA’ how to scheme an offense and trying to sound witty and insightful...

? 

On 3/6/2020 at 7:12 AM, Teddy KGB said:

No one likes booger.    He is mocked to the ends of the internet on every platform 

We all understand that.

His likability before he got the job, was good and got him the job.

his incompetence after he started doing the job has transcended his likable personality.  

That is my point and why Manning may not fare as well as many assume he will, just because he is likable at now. 

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

contrived excitement

This describes it to a T.  Perfect example:  as the Bills were lining up for the FG to send the playoff game into OT, Tessatore breathlessly exclaims:

"NEVER in the HISTORY of the NFL has a playoff game gone to OT TIED AT NINETEEN!!!!!!!"

:doh:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, eball said:

This describes it to a T.  Perfect example:  as the Bills were lining up for the FG to send the playoff game into OT, Tessatore breathlessly exclaims:

"NEVER in the HISTORY of the NFL has a playoff game gone to OT TIED AT NINETEEN!!!!!!!"

:doh:

best work since Dierdorf excitedly reminded us five times during a playoff OT that it cannot end in a tie.

Edited by row_33
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

We all understand that.

His likability before he got the job, was good and got him the job.

his incompetence after he started doing the job has transcended his likable personality.  

That is my point and why Manning may not fare as well as many assume he will, just because he is likable at now. 

He still seems like a nice enough guy.  It's just the Pepper Brooks bit is only good for movies.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It'll be a crash of metal if they put Manning in the booth. It's one thing to be marketable and likeable in a commercial when you have 174 takes to get it right. In a live setting with no net? Him? Hayseed?

Good luck. 

Report: NBC rejects Al Michaels trade overtures from ESPN

Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2020, 10:25 AM EDT

At a time when there haven’t been many trades in advance of the start of the new league year, there also won’t be many (or any) trades among the NFL media.

Andrew Marchand of the New York Post reports that NBC has rejected initial overtures from ESPN regarding a trade for Sunday Night Football play-by-play announcer Al Michaels. ESPN reportedly wants to pair Michaels with Peyton Manning, to whom ESPN reportedly has offered up to $20 million per year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/10/report-nbc-rejects-al-michaels-trade-overtures-from-espn/