UPDATE: NBC Rejects trade offer. : Per Report: ESPN Trying to "Trade" For Al Michael's to pair with Peyton for MNF broadcast.

they've gotta figure out how to flex games or at least be smarter about how they pick the teams.  even adjusting the schedule as late as pre season. monday night used to mean something. now it's kind of lost the luster. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Hard to say what ESPN/Disney could offer..?

This is a good point... If Al wants to leave, NBC might be happy moving to Tirico full time instead of this slow succession thing they're doing now, but even if that was a positive, I can't imagine they want to help the competition become a power house.

If Manning is half as good as people expect, he and Michaels would instantly challenge Romo and Nantz for top broadcast duo with Tirico and Collinsworth and Buck and Aikman playing for 3rd and 4th, respectfully. 

Buck and Aikman are no where near the top 4.... theyre horrendous. And same with Tirico and Collinsworth... Tirico is good but Collinsworth drags them down

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I just want Booger gone.

I don’t pay as much attention to announcers as others, in general.  I do enjoy Romo because he’s outside the box and tells you what’s coming with eerie accuracy, but he’s not the reason I tune in. Booger is a reason to tune OUT or hit MUTE. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Buck and Aikman are no where near the top 4.... theyre horrendous. And same with Tirico and Collinsworth... Tirico is good but Collinsworth drags them down

Buck is OK. Aikman is terrible.  All Aikman does is recite bland clichés.  Romo is light years better, discussing in depth what's going on, and why.  

Romo:Aikman as graduate school:middle school

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Romo is getting 17 you're not getting Peyton Manning for less.

I agree.  My point was that ESPN passed on giving Romo $17M, so I'm surprised that they would even consider going after Peyton who will want more...if they can even lure him to the booth.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Peyton doing scripted commercials...very enjoyable.

Peyton doing unscripted game analysis...I have a feeling he would be a dud.

Not sure if ESPN views him as the next Romo?  

Really untrue.  Go watch his ESPN series Peyton's Places.  He's very quit witted and has a good time.  I think he would be a solid guy int the booth.  Other than Romo, the field is uniformly horrible, without exception.

He could walk right in and be a star.

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Im not sure Manning has the voice or dialect that’s gonna work well for this.... 

He’d be commenting on a football game, not running for President. Did Madden have great dialect ? Regardless of one’s personal take on Madden, he was very popular. Manning gets a very high “ Q score” or whatever , so he has the broad appeal that networks covet. It doesn’t matter if he’s as analytical as Romo, it’s simply that people like him. That’s gold for TV. 

"Incredibly, Michaels has been traded by ESPN once before as the network traded the legendary broadcaster to NBC for a cartoon called Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. No, we aren’t making that up."

40 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Romo is getting 17 you're not getting Peyton Manning for less.

i missed it, but has Peyton shown he has what it takes to call games?

Joe Montana bombed horribly.

and many others.......