UPDATE: NBC Rejects trade offer. : Per Report: ESPN Trying to "Trade" For Al Michael's to pair with Peyton for MNF broadcast.

5 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Why would NBC ever do that ? What's are they getting back?

Hard to say what ESPN/Disney could offer..?

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

They do already have Mike Tirico. He was good when he was on ESPN doing the games

This is a good point... If Al wants to leave, NBC might be happy moving to Tirico full time instead of this slow succession thing they're doing now, but even if that was a positive, I can't imagine they want to help the competition become a power house.

If Manning is half as good as people expect, he and Michaels would instantly challenge Romo and Nantz for top broadcast duo with Tirico and Collinsworth and Buck and Aikman playing for 3rd and 4th, respectfully. 

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Talk football 1 night a week for 4 months and make nearly 20 million a year for the next 20+ years if he wants.

How does Manning turn it down?

Didn't ESPN balk at paying Tony Romo $17M a year to commentate on games?  Now they're going to pay Peyton > $20M?  Not sure I believe it.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hard to say what ESPN/Disney could offer..?

This is a good point... If Al wants to leave, NBC might be happy moving to Tirico full time instead of this slow succession thing they're doing now, but even if that was a positive, I can't imagine they want to help the competition become a power house.

If Manning is half as good as people expect, he and Michaels would instantly challenge Romo and Nantz for top broadcast duo with Tirico and Collinsworth and Buck and Aikman playing for 3rd and 4th, respectfully. 

I would rank the four pairs differently.    I've been waiting and hoping for MIihaels to retire for years.   Nantz, Tirico and Buck are seriously good play by play men.   All four commentators are good.   

Tirico left ESPN because he understood Michaels was going to retire and he'd get the Sunday night gig.  Somehow Michaels didn't retire. 

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I would rank the four pairs differently.    I've been waiting and hoping for MIihaels to retire for years.   Nantz, Tirico and Buck are seriously good play by play men.   All four commentators are good.   

Tirico left ESPN because he understood Michaels was going to retire and he'd get the Sunday night gig.  Somehow Michaels didn't retire. 

Suppose it shakes out that way, how would you rate them? 

I guess Manning is a wildcard, but I also think that the current iteration of Michaels is held back by Collinsworth which could lead to Peyton rejuvenating his career like Romo did for Nantz.

I just want an “in stadium only” sound option.

Come on now, w streaming thru PC and smart TV you mean to tell me we can’t have custom in-game camera and audio options? That’s how any of these services/sports packages might get my dollar.

But then again, how would I have any idea what a laugh-riot the all new Bob ❤️ Abishola is gonna be? 

• Like (+1) 1

ESPN should not be focusing on one big splash given how desperately under staffed they are.  They need to bring in experts and lots of them.  The average ESPN panel is 4.25 former players and journalists as it is!!!!  These guys are spread too thin!!! I need 15 guys MINIMUM shouting over each other to get their hot takes and superficial analyses heard.  I should NOT have to hear opinions from the same guy twice!!

One man, no matter how tough to listen to, is not going to swing the needle.  ESPN's only hope to right this ship is to bring in 35-40 Booger McFarlands and a handful of Dennis Millers.

Edited by Jauronimo