Andre Dillard could be available

I live in the Philly area and Dillard had issues in camp where he kinda went after a veteran player where it was reported as a dirty move by him. I think the reasoning was told as he did not handle the physicality and hard play well and kind of lost it a bit. Didn't hear anything else after that.

As for Alshon...the guy was causing issues with the QB and has appeared to have lost at least a step.

I'd be very cautious about acquiring either player, and I'm a hard no on Jeffrey.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Ah, so it’s not so much Ford being untouchable as it is reservations about Dillard. I agree with that; just couldn’t understand why Ford would be untouchable 

Well, I think Ford actually is sort of untouchable.    Not untouchable in the sense that he was just so awesome last season that there's no way the Bills should consider trading him.   Almost anyone can be traded.  

He's untouchable in that the Bills invested a lot of time studying the guy and were so convinced about him that they traded up for him.  He had his struggles in 2019, but offensive linemen coming out of college are notoriously underprepared for the NFL and almost all of them need time to learn how to play the oline in the NFL.   So unless the Bills saw something that made them think they made a three-base error drafting him, they are not going to trade him after his rookie season.  Their entire philosophy is premised on identifying talent and character and then growing guys into the players they want.    They won't quit on their own guys quickly. 

As is often the case, I'm not saying that that is the smartest philosophy.  I'm saying it's McBeane's philosophy. 

I think it's best to unload young talent a year too late instead of a year too early.   Talent is hard to come by.  A guy like Ford obviously has superior physical tools, tools that aren't easy to find.   You hold on to guys like that and give them every chance to learn and develop, because the next guy you get probably won't have those tools.  The Colts gave up on Jerry Hughes, a first round pick, after three years, and THAT was too early.  Unless Ford is a cancer in the locker room, he shouldn't be traded.  

UNLESS something happens like the Eagles calling and asking if you're interested in LeSean McCoy.   When you get that call, pretty much your whole roster is under consideration.   So, for example, if the Panthers actually are trying to deal McCaffrey and the guy they really want is Ford, well, then he's touchable.  

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure why they would trade their 2019 first round pick after one year? I also wouldn't be interested in Jeffery. Alshon is a quality player when healthy but he is banged up a lot even if he doesn't miss too many games some years (although he missed 6 last season) he just always is battling chronic injuries that limit his production and he is also on a big contract which just makes giving up even a limited draft choice for him not the best idea.