Andre Dillard could be available

2 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Hard to imagine they'd move Dillard at this point, but getting him and Jeffery would definitely be something that would interest me very much.

Obviously it's very strange and uncommon to want to trade away a player you selected in the 1st round just one year into his career. It's even stranger when he plays a premium position, and it's stranger STILL when you used extra picks to trade up for that player.

The speculation -- and it is just that -- is that Dillard is really soft. That he had a hard time with Philly fans, that he's a quiet loner type. Something about crying in the locker room after a tough game. Again, this is total wild internet speculation, but that's what I read.

Well, I don't know anything at all about Dillard except what's posted here.   If there's any truth to the rumor - Dillard and Jeffries on the block as a package - it's a very unusual situation.   And it's a situation that the Bills are in position to take advantage of.   I'm not a Jeffries fan, but he probably could play a role in the receiving corps.   A first-round left tackle talent is always on the shopping list.   There would have to be some questions answered first, because you don't see first round picks getting traded like this.   Bills have the cap room to eat Jeffries contract and still get some benefit from him.   

Still, I'd say it's pretty unlikely.   

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Logic said:

Obviously it's very strange and uncommon to want to trade away a player you selected in the 1st round just one year into his career. It's even stranger when he plays a premium position, and it's stranger STILL when you used extra picks to trade up for that player.

The speculation -- and it is just that -- is that Dillard is really soft. That he had a hard time with Philly fans, that he's a quiet loner type. Something about crying in the locker room after a tough game. Again, this is total wild internet speculation, but that's what I read.

Yikes....that description sounds like Jonathan Martin

If this is real, I’m sure Beane is making calls to see if it’s worth his while.  I wouldn’t want to give up too much though 

Never a fan of Jeffery but he’s solid and would fit in well imo. Worth the 11 and 13 mill cap hits the next two years?  No, but we have tons of cash available and likely won’t be spending to the cap, so it makes sense. 

i was a big fan of Dilliard coming out last year.  He’s feet were some of the best I’ve seen for a big man.  I wonder what the problem is? 

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Why not? 

Well...

When a team trades up in the 1st round to select an offensive tackle, and then suddenly they want to trade him away the very next year....there must be a reason. Nobody instantly gives up on a 1st round player at a premium position without there being some kind of reason why.

As such, I would want to fully investigate what that reason is before I'm willing to send them an offensive lineman that I like a lot and who I think can be a starter for the next decade, and who DOESN'T have any off-field problems or concerns. And assuming there IS such a reason, the team acquiring Dillard would be taking some degree of a risk. I don't want to trade away a guy I think can be at least a very good guard and who I feel really good about for a player who most likely has some sort of issues that are causing his drafting team to give up on him so soon.

In short: trading a guy that fits in well on my team and who I think can be a good lineman for years for a guy who likely has some sort of major shortcoming seems like a bad -- or at least very risky -- idea.

Edited by Logic

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

Well...

When a team trades up in the 1st round to select an offensive tackle, and then suddenly they want to trade him away the very next year....there must be a reason. Nobody instantly gives up on a 1st round player at a premium position without there being some kind of reason why.

As such, I would want to fully investigate what that reason is before I'm willing to send them an offensive lineman that I like a lot and who I think can be a starter for the next decade, and who DOESN'T have any off-field problems or concerns. And assuming there IS such a reason, the team acquiring Dillard would be taking some degree of a risk. I don't want to trade away a guy I think can be at least a very good guard and who I feel really good about for a player who most likely has some sort of issues that are causing his drafting team to give up on him so soon.

In short: trading a guy that fits in well on my team and who I think can be a good lineman for years for a guy who likely has some sort of major shortcoming seems like a bad -- or at least very risky -- idea.

Ah, so it’s not so much Ford being untouchable as it is reservations about Dillard. I agree with that; just couldn’t understand why Ford would be untouchable 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Ah, so it’s not so much Ford being untouchable as it is reservations about Dillard. I agree with that; just couldn’t understand why Ford would be untouchable 

I mean by his “Logic” if the Bills were open to giving up on Ford, for whom they just traded up to draft...

2 hours ago, cage said:

Martin did take down a thief at the Versace  Store (and thanks to him we got three (?) pro bowl seasons from Incognito).  Though now it sounds like Martin had his own demons too (aside from Incognito and Pouncey, et al).  Please ignore and resume Dillard fantasy talk...  

3 hours ago, Logic said:

You don't want to get on the wrong side of Philly fans.

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Swap Ford & Foster for Dillard & Jeffrey.

So the Eagles are going to trade a former 1st rounder and a top 20 ish receiver for a 2nd rounder and a guy who has had like 5 good games since high school?

9 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

You don't want to get on the wrong side of Philly fans.

They are a bunch of idiots.  Honestly, some fans are just embarrassing.  Most of these people never played a sport in their life and they live their lives through these guys.  Then when things go bad, they harass the players on the team. Pathetic!

3 hours ago, cage said:

Or it could be the description of a guy who wasn’t a fit with a scumbag who tried to decapitate his father and threaten to beat up his grandmother.  RI is a piece of crap.  I bet a guy like Martin would have been fine if he had a leader like Eric Wood.  

The locker room  is filled with all types of personalities.  Also, the days of maniacs who lack skill who dive at people’s knees after the whistle o linemen is done.  You need agile guys who can operate in space.