I am still obsessed, and will always be that way.

Every day I search for NFL Mock Drafts.  Sometimes twice a day.  I get worked up to see that Drafttek has us getting Epenesa, or angry that somebody has us taking a guard from Michigan...in the first!  And I read names of players I've never heard of, maybe take a look at YouTube.  Getting ready for the big day.  Names like Laviska or Tee or Yatur become entrenched in my pea-sized football mind.  Help.  I need a hobby.

I love that we have Beane who isn't shy about making deals.  Look at all the moves he had to make to get ready to draft Josh, and about an hour later we also had Edmunds.  Last year he moved up to get....Dawson Knox....never heard of the guy, but he made some stunning plays this year, including dropsies.  We've got somebody named Vosean, who sat out last year and may become a great player this year.  Think about that war room.....they have set their board and there are still a couple hundred players available, and they pull the switch and take an unknown DE from Tennessee who might be an answer at DE.  There is nothing random about these picks.

Beane didn't go nuts and overpay last year for players (although the tight end from Cinci may have been a stretch, I say maybe) yet rebuilt our offensive line...still a work in progress.  He traded the rights to Mahomes and ended up with one of the two best corners in football, and some extra capital in the process, which he used to get his quarterback....our quarterback.  He fleeced a pick from New England for Bodine, who was cut a week later.  He got two picks for Wyatt Teller.  These picks will enable him to move up a few slots to get somebody he wants in the 3rd or 4th round. 

This guy is a football thinking man, and we're lucky to have him.

So as the draft unfolds, I look for the Bills to be active in getting the guy they want in the first.....one of the top players in America.  But for now, I've decided I want Shenault.  No, Jefferson....wait, what if we could get Chaisson?  Maybe we'll move up two slots to get Ruggs.  Or maybe we'll move down 4 slots and end up with Zach Baun AND Clyde Edwards Helaire in the 2nd.  What about that kid from Lenoir Rhyne?  

Really, what will he do with all that cap space?

I'm telling you guys, I'm obsessed, and it's fun being a Bills fan.  And it's torture.  It's a disease, and there is no cure until we win a Super Bowl.  

Hey, I just posted a few random thoughts in no particular order.  

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

It is fun to imagine all the possibilities that Beane may employ, as to a hobby, I’m down in the Bahamas for the winter so I bought a ukulele it was cheap and it’s fun to play... just sayin ?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

It is fun to imagine all the possibilities that Beane may employ, as to a hobby, I’m down in the Bahamas for the winter so I bought a ukulele it was cheap and it’s fun to play... just sayin ?

Go Bills!!!

Learning to play an instrument is possibly one of the best ways to preserve mental function....can you play the Shout! song on that thing?

• Haha (+1) 2

I've been a member since 2002.   Actually, had been on board prior to that, but for some reason got rebooted with a new name.  But I'm still a rookie!  I see that Hapless Bills Fan has posted 14 times as many as me.  That's Hall of Fame posting, bro.  And I agree we shouldn't have traded Lamonica.  But how else would we have ended up with Dennis Shaw?

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Every day I search for NFL Mock Drafts.  Sometimes twice a day.  I get worked up to see that Drafttek has us getting Epenesa, or angry that somebody has us taking a guard from Michigan...in the first!  And I read names of players I've never heard of, maybe take a look at YouTube.  Getting ready for the big day.  Names like Laviska or Tee or Yatur become entrenched in my pea-sized football mind.  Help.  I need a hobby.

I love that we have Beane who isn't shy about making deals.  Look at all the moves he had to make to get ready to draft Josh, and about an hour later we also had Edmunds.  Last year he moved up to get....Dawson Knox....never heard of the guy, but he made some stunning plays this year, including dropsies.  We've got somebody named Vosean, who sat out last year and may become a great player this year.  Think about that war room.....they have set their board and there are still a couple hundred players available, and they pull the switch and take an unknown DE from Tennessee who might be an answer at DE.  There is nothing random about these picks.

Beane didn't go nuts and overpay last year for players (although the tight end from Cinci may have been a stretch, I say maybe) yet rebuilt our offensive line...still a work in progress.  He traded the rights to Mahomes and ended up with one of the two best corners in football, and some extra capital in the process, which he used to get his quarterback....our quarterback.  He fleeced a pick from New England for Bodine, who was cut a week later.  He got two picks for Wyatt Teller.  These picks will enable him to move up a few slots to get somebody he wants in the 3rd or 4th round. 

So as the draft unfolds, I look for the Bills to be active in getting the guy they want in the first.....one of the top players in America.  But for now, I've decided I want Shenault.  No, Jefferson....wait, what if we could get Chaisson?  Maybe we'll move up two slots to get Ruggs.  Or maybe we'll move down 4 slots and end up with Zach Baun AND Clyde Edwards Helaire in the 2nd.  What about that kid from Lenoir Rhyne?  

I'm telling you guys, I'm obsessed, and it's fun being a Bills fan.  And it's torture.  It's a disease, and there is no cure until we win a Super Bowl.  

Good to see another Bills fan from St. Louis.  I am also extremely obsessed with our team, and the draft.  It drives my wife nuts.

Just one nitpick on your post (which is a mistake I see quite a bit on this board)...

Brandon Beane did not trade away the rights to Patrick Mahomes.  He was with the Carolina Panthers during that draft, and did not join the Buffalo Bills organization until almost 2 weeks after.  The draft concluded on April 29, 2017 and Beane was hired on May 9.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Cynthia Freelund has us taking Epenesa, with Ruggs going next to the Pats.  SI has us trading up with Dallas to take Chaisson.  Hand me that ukelele Bob, I'm going to tiptoe through the tulips.

Boo Cynthia Freelund. Trade up for Ruggs. Find a way to add Claypool as well. FA for Edge and Oline. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Learning to play an instrument is possibly one of the best ways to preserve mental function....can you play the Shout! song on that thing?

You know I haven’t tried, I will give it a go?

6 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Nice job here TC dude.... ?

On 2/26/2020 at 2:03 PM, ngbills said:

Must admit have not done much homework on the guy other than glance at his stats. Looks like he has a lot of Int's - 5 in 2018. Is he really that bad in pass coverage?

12 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Your not alone brother!

Right there with you TC.  I foresee Beane plugging enough holes via free agency and taking BPA in first round.  I like Jefferson but could see Bills waiting until 2nd to pick a WR.  So a non WR BPA in first unless Ruggs, Lamb, or Jeudy somehow drop which I don't see happening.