Would you trade for Fournette?

Would You Trade for Fournette for 4th Rounder or less (meaning 5-7)  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Trade for Fournette for 4th Rounder or less (meaning 5-7)

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Hard pass.  Why give up assets and cap $ for a RB whose best days are behind him already, when you can draft a guy with a similar round pick

he's only 25. I think his best days are in front of him.

16 minutes ago, klos63 said:

he's only 25. I think his best days are in front of him.

OK, I'll bite...

• Has never played a full 16 game season without injury
  • Has averaged 4.0 yards/carry through his first 3 seasons (despite having several long runs to boost that average)
  • Weighs 230 lbs
  • Has had trouble getting along with coaches and management
  • Doesn't come across as the most motivated or hard working athlete
  • Will want a big second contract

Again, I get that we want a big complementary back to Singletary.  I just think we can do much better than this guy

I'd do it for a two year rental player as his compensation is pretty fair with his production.  I don't know much about his character though so I'd be careful.  He might demand a new contract and sit out.

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

No..why are people obsessed with acquiring players who are trending downwards and aging at positions where aging catches up to them quickly...

He will be 25 years old next season and just put up 1,700 yards in 15 games.  How is he aging and trending down?  

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

38% of Americans believe the corona virus comes from drinking the beer. I think we can excuse a spelling error

Well 57% of Americans believe whatever made up stats they read on the internet from some clickbait article sourced from a manipulated/fake study.

If I'm running the team... sure, why not? I'd go as high as a 3rd.

But I don't run the team, McBeane do... and I don't think Fournette fits their character profile. He's had attitude issues, had the fight up here, pouted on the sidelines, defiance with coaches, etc. His numbers for last season aren't too bad. Before that, though, he was criticized a lot for a 3.3 YPR in '18 and a 3.9 YPR in '17. 

I think he'd be a good in a combo with a guy like Singletary. Doubt he'd wanna be on a team where he isn't the featured back, though. 

3 hours ago, hjnick said:

5th round pick for a 2 year rental of a good strong complement RB... Yes, sign me up.

This is my take too.  Fournette has been stuck on a poorly coached team for his first 3 years.  I think he could be great in the Bills O

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Thanks for proving my point, I knew you would try to go there.  Your stat of 38% was from a poll that had NOTHING to do with the virus.  

"Another case in point: 38% of American beer drinkers surveyed this week said they wouldn't buy Corona "under any circumstances" at the moment."

It was deliberately framed after the fact to dishonestly imply that the reason for not buying it was because of the virus.  No, they just don't like or want that kind of beer.  Actually look into the sources of your "stats" before cherry picking.  "Lies, damn lies, and statistics" as they say.

*edit*

Literally one of the first things you learn in first year university statistics is how people with an agenda can and will manipulate a poll and twist the results thereof to support a preconceived notion.  38% of people didn't say "I think Corona beer transmits the virus", they just simply said "I won't buy the beer" and the people doing the poll used the vague wording of the poll to insert their own implications. 

Edited by 1ManRaid

4 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

OK, I'll bite...

• Has never played a full 16 game season without injury
  • Has averaged 4.0 yards/carry through his first 3 seasons (despite having several long runs to boost that average)
  • Weighs 230 lbs
  • Has had trouble getting along with coaches and management
  • Doesn't come across as the most motivated or hard working athlete
  • Will want a big second contract

Again, I get that we want a big complementary back to Singletary.  I just think we can do much better than this guy

He's coming off one helluva season. For a 5th, I wouldn't blink. I think he's worth more so I really don't see this happening.