Jordan Palmer - QB summit on Doug Gottlieb show

Starts at 30:58 and goes to the end.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/TheDougGottliebShowPodcast/

Really very interesting interview that focused more about the QB position than individual players. I found it very insightful.

He did mention Josh a few times including:

Future of the QBs .. "being able to create time and space" - moving, making people miss like Mahomes, Josh Allen, Russell Wilson

It was interesting that he did not mention Sam Darnold.

1 minute ago, LB48 said:

I'm sick of hearing about Jordan Palmer and his phony QB training business.  Another person with a nice face and "media speech" making money off the NFL!!

You should probably not click on threads titled "Jordan Palmer" then.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LB48 said:

I'm sick of hearing about Jordan Palmer and his phony QB training business.  Another person with a nice face and "media speech" making money off the NFL!!

Whether you like him or not, he has a big influence on the QB of the Buffalo Bills, so it probably has some value to listen to him if for nothing else to hear what Josh is working on etc.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, LB48 said:

You and C.Biscuit97 should hang out!  :lol:

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The only reason for the "mobile" QB is because QBs aren't being coached in college properly. Want to win now in college? Run the QB more and find a QB that has modest accuracy and very athletic. Blown coverage is pretty common and it's enough to make QBs look great. Even Tebow looked like he could pass in college.

There is no incentive for a college coach to develop a QB, just win.

It's not that QBs can't do what Rivers, Brady, Marino, Kelly, Brees, Manning did in the past. It just takes too much training and patience to master that type of QB with a high bust rate but huge reward. And now with social media pitch forks to have a insta-success it puts pressure on the franchise to win now.

13 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

The only reason for the "mobile" QB is because QBs aren't being coached in college properly. Want to win now in college? Run the QB more and find a QB that has modest accuracy and very athletic. Blown coverage is pretty common and it's enough to make QBs look great. Even Tebow looked like he could pass in college.

There is no incentive for a college coach to develop a QB, just win.

It's not that QBs can't do what Rivers, Brady, Marino, Kelly, Brees, Manning did in the past. It just takes too much training and patience to master that type of QB with a high bust rate but huge reward. And now with social media pitch forks to have a insta-success it puts pressure on the franchise to win now.

Yeah - someone else worry about his footwork or wonky arm motions etc.  I just need him to read the field and make the right decisions quickly.