Chargers trading Russell Okung to Panthers for Trai Turner

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Next up: Christian McCaffrey for Todd Gurley!

CMC for Gore, we have the better ammo!!!

Next panthers trade please make sure to add to title McCaffrey wasn't part of it, I almost broke my finger trying to get the page to load:cry:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Next up: Christian McCaffrey for Todd Gurley!

I seriously wonder if Beane isn't working his magic on acquiring CMC. His comments , "I wish I could have brought him to Buf with me " were very strong and admirable. 

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Waiting for the other shoe to drop. This smells like the double trade Giants and Cleveland did last year for OBJ. 

I don’t expect this to be it. 

I believe that you are exactly right on this. I'm looking for LA to trade Turner for some draft picks or to include him directly in a deal to move up ahead of Miami.  I also believe that they will franchise Hunter Henry and trade him for more ammo to move up in the draft.  IMHO this is all about Tua.  LA can't afford to have Tyrod be their starter when they begin playing in their new stadium.  The next two weeks are going to get very interesting.

57 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I can see the Bills heading into 2020 with this OL....

Dawkins - Ford - Morse - Feliciano - Free Agent/Draft

Depth - OT Nsekhe, OG/C Long, OG/C/OT Bates 

I would add waddle to that list and inactivate bates on game days. 

27 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I believe that you are exactly right on this. I'm looking for LA to trade Turner for some draft picks or to include him directly in a deal to move up ahead of Miami.  I also believe that they will franchise Hunter Henry and trade him for more ammo to move up in the draft.  IMHO this is all about Tua.  LA can't afford to have Tyrod be their starter when they begin playing in their new stadium.  The next two weeks are going to get very interesting.

The other shoe though is why Carolina made a (seemingly) horrible trade. LA got a much better player so that makes sense for them. I’m wondering if they swapped 1st round picks. 

Okung has never lived up to his draft status. He was never that good in Seattle and always a bit injury prone.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I can see the Bills heading into 2020 with this OL....

Dawkins - Ford - Morse - Feliciano - Free Agent/Draft

Depth - OT Nsekhe, OG/C Long, OG/C/OT Bates 

If they go that way, then they will cut Long and probably go with either Waddle or a cheap FA.  

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Okung has never lived up to his draft status. He was never that good in Seattle and always a bit injury prone.  

If they go that way, then they will cut Long and probably go with either Waddle or a cheap FA.  

I think Okung has had a pretty solid career. He has been hurt a lot and he never became an elite tackle but he has been an above average starting left tackle for 7 or 8 years and that is a pretty good return.

I am 100% against cutting Long. He is really good interior OL depth in a league with almost no Oline depth. Cutting him for sake of saving $2/3m when we have plenty of cap space is nonsensical to me. Especially given that as we stand here today Quinton Spain looks likely to walk. If the worst comes to the worst and you have to go into 2020 with Long as a starter he isn't going to sink your line.

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Very odd trade. Wonder what they’re up to...

I know @thebandit27 is convinced they are trading up for a QB.... I'm not. I think this is a talent dump. Trai Turner didn't have his best year in 2019 but he has more left in the tank than Okung at this stage. Matt Rhule has a 7 year contract, the owner talked about not being afraid to do what it takes to win a Championship. I really, really believe they are tanking for Trevor.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Okung has had a pretty solid career. He has been hurt a lot and he never became an elite tackle but he has been an above average starting left tackle for 7 or 8 years and that is a pretty good return.

I am 100% against cutting Long. He is really good interior OL depth in a league with almost no Oline depth. Cutting him for sake of saving $2/3m when we have plenty of cap space is nonsensical to me. Especially given that as we stand here today Quinton Spain looks likely to walk. If the worst comes to the worst and you have to go into 2020 with Long as a starter he isn't going to sink your line.

I know @thebandit27 is convinced they are trading up for a QB.... I'm not. I think this is a talent dump. Trai Turner didn't have his best year in 2019 but he has more left in the tank than Okung at this stage. Matt Rhule has a 7 year contract, the owner talked about not being afraid to do what it takes to win a Championship. I really, really believe they are tanking for Trevor.

That makes sense... but couldn’t they have gotten a pick for for Turner? Why trade him for a much lower quality player who costs more?

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That makes sense... but couldn’t they have gotten a pick for for Turner? Why trade him for a much lower quality player who costs more?

Possibly but it looks to me like their priority was getting a good player who might help them win games off their roster in exchange for a guy past his best.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

If this is true and the Bills want to trade up for Lamb, Carolina could be the target. Next year's 1st and maybe a 3rd or 4th this year could get it done. If Carolina is positioning themselves for Lawrence that would be a very attractive offer.

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The other shoe though is why Carolina made a (seemingly) horrible trade. LA got a much better player so that makes sense for them. I’m wondering if they swapped 1st round picks. 

They must want to slide Little to guard and then needed a OT? Not sure honestly. A bit puzzling

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Good point.  They may also be doing some manipulation of cap money to make the deal attractive for Carolina.  Panthers may be looking to free up money because McCaffery will be looking for a big raise this year.

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

Okung @ LT and moving Little @ G could be the reason for the trade. That still leaves them with flexibility as to what they do in the draft. 

I mean, this is all well and good, but it still feels like the Chargers are Fleecing the Panthers here... This is good logic for why they want to swap those players, but the positional value doesn't seem to make up for the overall player value disparity... It's strange. 

• Like (+1) 2