Versatility- McBeane loves it. Short mock based on it

NewEra

They’ve talked a lot about how much they love versatile players.  Considering how much they love it, I expect them to draft versatile players again this year.

would be nice to trade back and get an additional pick so we can trade up for one of the 2nd rd targets. 

rd 1- Kyle Dugger.  Does it get more versatile on D?  Could they get away with running with Dugger, Milano and Tremaine as base 4-3 LBs and then also in nickel and dime subsets?  Dugger can literally play everything not on the DL.  He would add a wrinkle to the defense not many others can add.  They showed how much that they value that position when they drafted Shaq Thompson.  They named a “nickel coach”.  

rd 2-  Antonio Gibson-  I really hope he wears a bills uniform this year.  He’s my 2nd rd crush that will probably go rd 1.  Trade up for him. 6’2 225 Rb/WR that can go the distance at any moment.  Exactly what we need.  Antonio Gibson-  I really hope he wears a bills uniform this year.  He’s my 2nd rd crush that may go rd 1.  Rb/WR that can go the distance at any moment.  Exactly what we need and a perfect compliment to Singletary.  Going to be really tough to get both he and Dugger but i think it could be worth the picks 

Or

rd 2- Chase Claypool.  Was great at the combine.  I’m just ok on his tape, but it doesn’t get much more versatile than him at WR/TE.  Tenacious blocker and huge target with speed. 

rd 3-4- Lynn Bowden.  Can play everything except OL and TE on O.  Can really throw the ball that adds a threat not many other playmakers have.

Edited by NewEra

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They’ve talked a lot about how much they love versatile players.  Considering how much they love it, I expect them to draft versatile players again this year.

would be nice to trade back and get an additional pick so we can trade up for one of the 2nd rd targets. 

rd 1- Kyle Dugger.  Does it get more versatile on D?  Could they get away with running with Dugger, Milano and Tremaine as base 4-3 LBs and then also in nickel and dime subsets?  Dugger can literally play everything not on the DL.  He would add a wrinkle to the defense not many others can add.  They showed how much that they value that position when they drafted Shaq Thompson.  They named a “nickel coach”.  

rd 2-  Antonio Gibson-  I really hope he wears a bills uniform this year.  He’s my 2nd rd crush that will probably go rd 1.  Trade up for him. 6’2 225 Rb/WR that can go the distance at any moment.  Exactly what we need.  Antonio Gibson-  I really hope he wears a bills uniform this year.  He’s my 2nd rd crush that may go rd 1.  Rb/WR that can go the distance at any moment.  Exactly what we need and a perfect compliment to Singletary.  Going to be really tough to get both he and Dugger but i think it could be worth the picks 

Or

rd 2- Chase Claypool.  Was great at the combine.  I’m just ok on his tape, but it doesn’t get much more versatile than him at WR/TE.  Tenacious blocker and huge target with speed. 

rd 3-4- Lynn Bowden.  Can play everything except OL and TE on O.  Can really throw the ball that adds a threat not many other playmakers have.

1. The Bills take a Division II Safety with their 1st Round pick....... 

People on TSW:

Image result for funny head explode gif

1 minute ago, WMDman said:

Yeah I can’t see dugger in the first round, I think they’d target someone more like Chasson who can play off the ball or edge rusher

Chaisson isn't making it past Atlanta :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I just am not a Chasson fan. He scares me as having a high bust potential. 

I agree, but I was just going off the point of the OPs topic of versatility 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Jack of all trades, master of none.  

I’ll pass on these multi-position guys. 

Tweener type players are very risky esp early on since they can often get lost at positions. Although a guy being versatile isn't a bad thing. Deboo from the Niners is a good example of a player who is a quality receiver who can do other things that improves his overall contribution. That type of versatility is a good thing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The versatility concept is nice in theory but not as practical even though NE is lauded for it.  I'd like WR's who know how to run routes and aren't splitting their time at RB.  On defense, sure, some DLinemen kick inside on passing downs, but a team isn't smarter because there's a player they can move around the field.

And I think collectively this board would explode if they add another 1st round pick to their defense.  It'd reek of a team that's talking about offense and only that.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Or

I think these guys are certainly on their radar.  I don’t think pick 22 will be Dugger though but can see them taking him in the 2nd or even making a small move up from their second if he gets within reasonable striking distance.

But yeah, they do love versatility.  This is a great draft for Beane, lots of talented and versatile players all over it.  

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

1. The Bills take a Division II Safety with their 1st Round pick....... 

People on TSW:

Image result for funny head explode gif

Chaisson isn't making it past Atlanta :thumbsup:

Yeah I can’t see him getting near our pick and think he likely doesn’t make it to Atlanta even personally.  I’d love to land him, but his combine I think locked him into going well before our pick.  

But the wildcard will be QBs and WRs.  If a run on both goes early, some major talent is gonna slide then who knows, he could start sliding down.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think these guys are certainly on their radar.  I don’t think pick 22 will be Dugger though but can see them taking him in the 2nd or even making a small move up from their second if he gets within reasonable striking distance.

Yeah, I don’t think either guy will make it to our pick in the 2nd.  That’s why we trade back from 22 and then trade up with the assets we got in the trade back. Maybe take Gibson first and Dugger 2nd. He could go rd 1 imo. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, I don’t think either guy will make it to our pick in the 2nd.  That’s why we trade back from 22 and then trade up with the assets we got in the trade back. Maybe take Gibson first and Dugger 2nd. He could go rd 1 imo. 

Do you think Epenesa will be there at 22? I think he is a possibility if he is there and the right WR is not. 

1 minute ago, Mickey said:

Do you think Epenesa will be there at 22? I think he is a possibility if he is there and the right WR is not. 

I hope epenesa isn’t there so we don’t take him.  Reminds me of shaq.  Solid, yet unspectacular.  I’d prefer drafting someone other than him.  

I think he’s lucky the draft is weak in top end edge pass rushers minus young. Not much else beside Chaisson and he’s not really even regarded that high.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hope epenesa isn’t there so we don’t take him.  Reminds me of shaq.  Solid, yet unspectacular.  I’d prefer drafting someone other than him.  

I think he’s lucky the draft is weak in top end edge pass rushers minus young. Not much else beside Chaisson and he’s not really even regarded that high.

I agree. While I get the sense McBeane value production more than anything, I also think they value athleticism that lends itself to scheme flexibility (and who doesn’t?). I just feel Epenesa’s lack of athleticism will be exposed at the next level.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Edge is not happening in RD 1

It's WR, CB maybe OT if someone slides (never gonna happen). Spending a RD1 pick on a S McD's scheme is very unlikely, both of our starters were picked up off the scrap heap - can find productive players cheaper in FA or in the mid RDs of the draft IMO

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree. While I get the sense McBeane value production more than anything, I also think they value athleticism that lends itself to scheme flexibility (and who doesn’t?). I just feel Epenesa’s lack of athleticism will be exposed at the next level.

I’m not so sure.... I think he’s a viable option for teams looking to shore up their edge run defense and run a nitro/nascar package. Epenesa probably isn’t the guy you want at DE on 3rd and 10, but if he slides to DT in that situation there’s value. It certainly limits the number of teams though. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Or

Currently dreaming of replacing McKenzie with Bowden.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m not so sure.... I think he’s a viable option for teams looking to shore up their edge run defense and run a nitro/nascar package. Epenesa probably isn’t the guy you want at DE on 3rd and 10, but if he slides to DT in that situation there’s value. It certainly limits the number of teams though. 

Currently dreaming of replacing McKenzie with Bowden.

Yeah me too.  Even gaines.  Someone.  I like the lil guy but I feel that his size (and small catch radius) really limits his effectiveness with our QB.  He’s good for certain things and not others. Would be nice to add someone that can do it all.

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.