Leslie Frazier Promoted

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Both McDermott and Beane deserve an extension.

I agree, and it would help a bit with bringing in FA players, in which the franchise will look very stable, that has to be a plus in players eyes I would think. 

56 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Unsure how this is related.  Also trying to understand what urgency there would be to extend McDermott and/or Beane with 2 years left on their contracts

It’s the normal timing for an extension. Not like they can’t still be fired at any time. Pegs would just need to pay them still.

btw, agents push for extensions for coaches. The same agents who represent players in FA. There is a lot of politics around this stuff. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I suspect that is just the title catching up with the role he has always done. He is vet former HC that I imagine McD has leant on as a first time HC.

if Brit

or

I suspect that is just the title catching up with the role he has always done. He is vet former HC that I imagine McD has leaned on as a first time HC.

if American

Since we dont have info on any borrowing transactions between McD and Frazier:)

34 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The Charger game in 2017.  McD started to blitz Rivers, which stopped the bleeding; too little, too late since LA piled on a 40 point lead by then.

I can let that go, but not the playoff game against Houston.  They blew a 16 point lead and allowed the Texans to convert on a 3rd and 18 by lining the LBs and DBs 20+ yards off the ball.  McD's or Frazier's idea?  Probably both were in agreement with the call, very similar conservative coaching styles.

Or simply a player or two failing to hit his landmark in coverage...

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

I don’t get it though - what changes?  Does he just get paid more?

36 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The Charger game in 2017.  McD started to blitz Rivers, which stopped the bleeding; too little, too late since LA piled on a 40 point lead by then.

I can let that go, but not the playoff game against Houston.  They blew a 16 point lead and allowed the Texans to convert on a 3rd and 18 by lining the LBs and DBs 20+ yards off the ball.  McD's or Frazier's idea?  Probably both were in agreement with the call, very similar conservative coaching styles.

That was a player issue.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Or simply a player or two failing to hit his landmark in coverage...

If it is multiple players, that suggests a coaching/scheme issue.  

6 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

if Brit

or

if American

Since we dont have info on any borrowing transactions between McD and Frazier:)

I have been here 7 years and I have STILL not got you lot to use our beautiful language properly. I am failing.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

That was a player issue.

Who is responsible for ensuring the players know what to do?  And why was that particular play call made?  

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

If it is multiple players, that suggests a coaching/scheme issue.  

Nah the players just blew it on that play. We have called that defense about 30 times over the course of the season. We let the catch be made we rally and tackle about 2 yards short of a first down. The players panicked, got too deep and blew the call.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Or an offensive play call that disguises the action of a defenders read key.

Which means they got out smarted by Bill O'Brien. 

Edited by Happy Gilmore

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah the players just blew it on that play. We have called that defense about 30 times over the course of the season. We let the catch be made we rally and tackle about 2 yards short of a first down. The players panicked, got too deep and blew the call.

i just vehemently disagree with that particular call.  I understand the theory, it's just that is a "play not to lose" mindset.  They let Houston dictate the situation, rather than capitalizing on a position of strength (Bills' perspective) and dictating the situation to Houston.  In the end, the Bills paid the price for a conservative philosophy.

Good for him! Well deserved! 

Titles are great. $how him the money. I’m $ure they were very fair with him. I’ve worked at places where they’d rather throw titles at you than cash. The title never bought diapers. 

48 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Woof, I had actually blocked that Chargers game out for a while there.  It certainly  shut up the "it can't get any worse that Tyrod" posters, lol. 

But after that game we had lots of posters saying that "McDermott & Beane were in over their heads and they should be fired!"

OY! These fans can be so bi-polar.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

i just vehemently disagree with that particular call.  I understand the theory, it's just that is a "play not to lose" mindset.  They let Houston dictate the situation, rather than capitalizing on a position of strength (Bills' perspective) and dictating the situation to Houston.  In the end, the Bills paid the price for a conservative philosophy.

It was 3rd and 18, and they had just come within 2 penalties and 1 missed block of winning on their previous possession. No reason to panic and throw the game plan out the window.

Run your trusted play call and trust your players to do their job.

• Like (+1) 1