Dawson Knox Rookie Season Highlights

TSNBDSC

On the last catch. The pats defender was pulling at Knox’s arm before the ball got to him, that used to be considered PI once upon a time... 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

On the last catch. The pats defender was pulling at Knox’s arm before the ball got to him, that used to be considered PI once upon a time... 

You did see who the defender plays for, right?

Dawson Knox showed enough in his rookie season that Bills fans should be extremely excited about his potential going forward.

He has the speed, contested catch ability, and blocking ability to be a top 5 tight end for the next decade. He obviously needs to work on catching the ball more consistently, but...considering how raw he was, and how many big plays he made as a rookie, the arrow is pointing waaaay up with this kid.

When it's all said and done, the Bills' two third round picks last year could end up being the best players of the Bills' entire draft class.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

You did see who the defender plays for, right?

I Sure did...

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

Dawson Knox showed enough in his rookie season that Bills fans should be extremely excited about his potential going forward.

He has the speed, contested catch ability, and blocking ability to be a top 5 tight end for the next decade. He obviously needs to work on catching the ball more consistently, but...considering how raw he was, and how many big plays he made as a rookie, the arrow is pointing waaaay up with this kid.

When it's all said and done, the Bills' two third round picks last year could end up being the best players of the Bills' entire draft class.

Yes, but I’m NOT going to lessen my love for Ed. He will be a beast, I’m sure.  I’ll just call it a great draft overall! 

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Well, it still is, when it's another team doing it.

Though I thought Chark in the Ravens game was being pretty handsy before the ball got there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, it still is, when it's another team doing it.

Though I thought Chark in the Ravens game was being pretty handsy before the ball got there.

Yup, same thing in the WC game in the end zone with Duke, 

referees are so bloody inconsistent, it’s as if they don’t know what the rules of engagement are, which is likely the case. 

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m not sure why some TE’s take so long to develop but when they show playmaking ability like Knox you definitely get excited. 

The thing with Knox is that he really made some jaw-dropping, high degree of difficulty contested catches.  Catches where the DB's arm was in between his arms, or in his face, or pulling on one of his arms.  He just out-aggressived them for the ball - "angry catch" the same way he had "angry run".

Then Knox dropped a bunch of balls that hit him in both hands and with no defender contesting.

Maybe Knox needs to visualize a defender's arm in there every time he makes a catch.   Only 1/2 joking.

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I got to return props to Mr. Cody Ford:

"I got my QB's back and anything else go down, I'm Here."

He takes (sometimes deserved) crap here, but he is also a Bad Bad Man.  It always puzzles me why folks pick some players they believe can improve from rookie season, while slamming the door on the chance that others who've also shown flashes.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

You can see it in super slow motion, but in real time it was probably very hard to see.

It seems to me that it's a mental thing with Knox regarding the drops. The highlight video are all tough/contested catches where he doesn't have time to think, he just reacts. The drops are the ones he's wide open and he's thinking about not dropping it, or moving up field early. If he can just start making the open ones, he's going to be a stud

• Like (+1) 1

If Knox could catch, hed easily be in the discussion as one of the better young TEs. However, there is still a lot of room to grow, and I think its telling the Bills wanted to bring in someone like Olsen to help mentor/groom Knox. e.g. how Gore helped Singletary.

That being said, I'd still like to try and upgrade the position. Need a more surehanded target. Allen clearly liked utilizing the TE, just need more consistancy.