Gore not expected back

BmarvB

6 hours ago, Billl said:

When you cut a longtime player who this year averaged 4.6 yards a carry and scored 5 TDs to sign a guy who averaged 3.6 yards and scored 2 TDs, that’s a bad signing.  He may well have been the least productive back in the league to get 150+ carries.  Good dude.  Good career.  Hasn’t belonged in the league for 2 years.

Are you talking about the same player that wasnt even active for the Super Bowl?

18 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

He was great for Singletary but he also hurt the team in the games during the times he did play.  He was abysmal.  I argued to activate Yeldon over Gore....he flat out sucked

I can fully respect your argument.  Yeldon not getting touches and even not active made me scratch my head a lot. 

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Are you talking about the same player that wasnt even active for the Super Bowl?

I'm talking about the guy who finished 17th in the league in YPC out of the 47 players with 100+ attempts.  You're talking about the guy who finished 45th.  

I don't know what McCoy would have produced had he played in the Superbowl, but he would be hard pressed to do worse than the 8 attempts for 22 yards that Gore managed in the playoffs.  Gore had a 14 yard run.  Outside of that, he had 7 carries for 8 yards and one pass thrown to him that was incomplete.  9 plays for him produced 22 yards.  Shady was mostly ineffective this year (AV of 6), but Gore was essentially worthless (AV of 4).

23 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Im sorry but Frank Gore was so bad down the stretch last season.  He was basically Mike Tolbert in 2017 toward the end of the season 

He is an excellent example of McDermott getting his value system out of order.

There are time when McDermott values things of lesser importance over things of much greater importance.

Frank's "leadership" and "mentoring" and "showing guys how to be a professional" is not as important as having a much better performing athlete on the field.  Frank shouldn't have been on the team last year.

Not a condemnation of Frank, just Frank at his current age.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

How was this a terrible signing?  Yes, he faltered the back half of the season, but when that happened, Motor excelled.  His type of mentorship doesn't come around often.  He's a selfless player who would do anything at the benefit of the team.  His impact on Motor allowed him to enjoy success as a rookie.  Gore has laid the foundation for Motor to have a long successful career.  You say terrible signing, I say this was a low risk, high reward signing.

I see the mentor point but when Gore is getting more work in a playoff game than DS, that’s a problem. 

48 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

There are time when McDermott values things of lesser importance over things of much greater importance.

Frank's "leadership" and "mentoring" and "showing guys how to be a professional" is not as important as having a much better performing athlete on the field.  Frank shouldn't have been on the team last year.

Yeah, some things they do offensively make no sense. They sign veteran rbs, which are the easiest position to find.  Yet, they go into last year with Peterman and Allen.  

Just now, Oregonbillsfan said:

I say we keep him if he is not too expensive.  I'd like to see him retire as a Bill.  But having said that I'm glad we passed on Shady.  What is the consensus?

No thanks... he was running on fumes by the end of last season...

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

He averaged 3.6 yards per carry on an offense that was called by a bona fide ***** moron who misused him AND Singletary.

Don’t mince words, tell us what you really think... ?

13 hours ago, Billl said:

When you cut a longtime player who this year averaged 4.6 yards a carry and scored 5 TDs to sign a guy who averaged 3.6 yards and scored 2 TDs, that’s a bad signing.  He may well have been the least productive back in the league to get 150+ carries.  Good dude.  Good career.  Hasn’t belonged in the league for 2 years.

You mean the player that Andy Reid felt was so useless that he shut him down in the playoffs....and wouldn't even dress for the AFCC game and SB?  

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You mean the player that Andy Reid felt was so useless that he shut him down in the playoffs....and wouldn't even dress for the AFCC game and SB?  

You think Gore would have suited up in the playoffs if he had been on the Chiefs?  I can’t even believe that there are people on here trying to pretend that Gore was a more effective player than McCoy this season.  McCoy averaged 4.6 yards per carry and had 5 TDs.  Gore averaged 3.6 and had 2 TDs.  Shady wasn’t even good, and he was still significantly better than Gore.  Frank was useless all year, and he was even worse in the playoffs.  If you want to defend bringing in a geriatric RB who ranked 45th out of 47 in YPC and who was tied with Dare Ogunbowale, Olamide Zaccheus, and 61 others for 182nd most TDs scored, that’s your prerogative.  I’m pretty sure you don’t believe McBeane would have brought in Gore if he had it to do over again, though.

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

And the games where Gore actually carried us in the running game.......compared to what he was actually paid?

Where does that value fall?

Look.....Gore for the money he was paid was a good value.....my problem with what McD did was when Gore started falling off (after he actually saved our asses as the main back when Devin was first starting out) was he should have activated Yeldon and used Gore less......in the end it actually made no sense to even have Gore on the field over Yeldon.

That does not mean Frank Gore was not a good value for what he was paid.   He wil not be back this year and hopefully the backup RB will be a bit younger.

• Like (+1) 1

….uh oh....."bring 'em in" threads forthcoming?...……..

LeSean McCoy not expected to return to Chiefs

Posted by Josh Alper on March 5, 2020, 11:18 AM EST

Running back LeSean McCoy was a healthy scratch for the Super Bowl and it doesn’t look like he’ll be playing any games with the Chiefs in the future either.

McCoy said during Super Bowl week that he plans to continue playing in 2020, but Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that he won’t be returning to the Chiefs. McCoy signed with Kansas City after being released by the Bills ahead of the regular season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/05/lesean-mccoy-not-expected-to-return-to-chiefs/