[Edited Title] CB AJ Bouye from Jags to Denver for 4th Round Pick

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have a feeling this won’t be the last Jags trade

Unfortunately they publicly said they want to keep both Campbell and Yannick.  

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Mr. Caldwell, Brandon Beane on line 1”
*jumps, surprised someone knew he was in charge*
Dave: ”Oh heyyy Brandon sup how bout the combine, schedules sucked huh?”

Beane: Yeahhh hey who is available and what do you want for each?

Dave: Um you need to talk to Coughlin, one sec...

Beane: Coughlin is ... gone, bro. They put me through to you. 
Dave: Man, that’s wild. Well hold on let me get Chris Polian he handles all the player personnel stuff, I’m too ***** busy with the draft stuff 

Beane: Polian isn’t there anymore. Weren’t you involved? 
Dave: I wasn’t privy. *****. Not sure who to throw under the bus now. 

Beane: Yannick hates you. You will get fired for that foles contract. I’ll take them both off your hands if you give me a 2nd and Leonard fournette

Dave: man, you are the best. The City of Good Neighbors indeed.  I owe you one. 

So what are we supposed to do with Foles?  Pay him gobs more than we pay our starting QB?

OK, it's a quibble.  

Meh. Too much with the pick and the $. I’d rather Re-sign Kevin Johnson to a modest extension and roll with him and Levi for another year. They’re likely to draft a guy at some point anyway. If you’re going to make a trade, do it at pass rusher or receiver. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Wishing we had the inside track on that trade.

Any time you get the opportunity to trade a fourth round pick for the right to pay $14,000,000 a year to a guy who gave up 9.8 yards per attempt, you've got to do it.  I mean only 171 players gave up fewer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Gotta figure with Chubb coming back, they’ll have the framework for a very good defense 

And I was pretty impressed with what Locke did out of the gate. Needs polish but he has talent. Their OL still needs work. Love Courtland Sutton. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bouye is not worth $15.4M/year anymore.  He was pretty bad last year, compared to where he was 2 years ago. Getting a starting CB for a low pick sounds like robbery, but not if you have to grossly overpay him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Beane doesn’t have to play the Chiefs and Gruden 2x/year.

True.

I still don't think it's EVER wise to invest 25% of your salary cap into one position group. It would be difficult to convince me that that's an intelligent way to build a roster.