@KyleBrandt - "I want Amari Cooper in Buffalo.

No Thanks. Beane is not going to spend that amount of money on a FA WR when he has a lot of cheap options in the draft. 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Cooper should just sign with the Eagles and get it over with.

This would be the best scenario. This could take the Eagles out of the WR market in the draft they pick one spot ahead of us at #21. Maybe Ruggs will drop to us by some miracle.

Edited by wppete

1 hour ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Good for Kyle. He can meet Cooper at the Marriott by the airport.  As far as the Bills, Cooper has been a bust repeatedly and Beane is too smart. Not happening. 

<<Furiously scribbling notes>> A 25 year old with 4 trips to the pro bowl, 33 TDs, and over 5,000 yards receiving is a bust.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Get the "superstar" in the draft. Trade up for Jeudy Lamb or Ruggs and Save that 20 million. I'd sign Cooper but for no more than 16 million a year, then draft a WR in 3rd unless someone really good drops to the 2nd, and go EDGE in the first.

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I would be happy with Cooper, but I would still want to see us draft a receiver or Offensive play maker in the first or second round.  

I second this.  They are in desperate need of playmakers at WR, RB, and TE plus they could use upgrades along the OL.  They simply don't have the offensive support for Allen to enable him to become a proficient NFL QB, and without improving their offense significantly, they really can't be competitive in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Sure, Id love to see him in a Buffalo uniform, but it's not going to happen.  I don't think Beane will think that Cooper would be enough of a difference maker with Josh Allen at QB to justify the price he will command.

I wouldn't hate it as Cooper is a very good WR and certainly capable of filling the WR1 role for the next 3-4 years. But I don't think he is the game breaking dynamic WR that his contract would command him to be. He disappears for a lot of games and can have a case of the drops. I think he commands a 20 million aav or close contract and while I think he fills the primary need of the team I think he isn't likely to live up to that contract.

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Bills have everything, but I want to see them get a superstar."

|

Comments ..... 

I want a Pony.  And an airplane ticket to Belize.

I mean, sure! I'd like Amari Cooper in B'lo, but he pretty much flat out said he's got a list of teams he'll consider and they're all in the South, and that he wouldn't go somewhere like Buffalo just for a "couple of extra million".

I don't think we should be piling up extra-tall stacks of dollars for guys who don't want to be here.

45 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

No thanks, this has been discussed and he drops too many footballs.

Please stop with this.  He had a drop rate of 3.9% in Dallas in 2018 and 4.2% last year.  That's slightly below league average.

He has a high number of drops because he has a high number of targets.

3 hours ago, H2o said:

He's a good WR and he's had some good years in this league already, but there are games where he just doesn't seem to show up. One week he gets 180-200yds and 2 scores, then the next week he has one or two catches for 30 yards. I'm not sure if it's the offense he was in, Dak, or him. I wouldn't be mad if we brought him in though. 

With brown and beasley and... adding a highly explosive guy to the group isn’t bad even if slightly inconsistent. Having him be a good 1, making brown an excellent 2 and beasley as a solid 3 gives a lot of room week to week 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

With brown and beasley and... adding a highly explosive guy to the group isn’t bad even if slightly inconsistent. Having him be a good 1, making brown an excellent 2 and beasley as a solid 3 gives a lot of room week to week 

Yeah, I wouldn't be mad if we did sign him. I just hope he's not the type who packs it in when the checks start flowing.