@KyleBrandt - "I want Amari Cooper in Buffalo.

ill take him with a quickness, but chances are dallas isn't letting him go.

i want an FA pass rusher, Passing weapon, and maybe maybe RT.  the rest is just for fodder/rotation guys and then we get all else in the draft.

our passing offense stinks (except on 3rd and long where it's strangely good) and we aren't going to get a new starting QB, looks like we aren't getting a new OC, and we might add a lineman or two, but not a huge change there.  what we lack and what will make the biggest impact is weapons, and if we overpay for cooper that's fine because we have room.

rams overpaid for watkins, and so did KC.  both of them went to a superbowl while those contracts were an impact.  it's not the end of the world if he's not quite up to billing, but even if he isn't it will super charge our O

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Be prepared for the next Marques Colston. This draft is so deep at WR, that in addition to drafting one up high, there will be VERY talented WR prospects late as well. Double dip late and increase the odds. 

Yep there will be good ones drafted late.  Most teams will end up with a dud however.  

I watched this & i love Kyles enthusiasm as a newly formed Bills fan but i don't see that happening because in so many words he said he wouldn't or didn't want to play for a cold weather team if memory serves me correct .

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He disappears way too much for a guy who is going to get paid what he is going to get paid.  

He’s literally one of the most consistent WRs in the game and has been since he entered the league.  You can pencil him in for 75 catches, 1,100 yards, and 7 TDs every year.  The guy is easily better than any WR the Bills have had since Andre Reid.  Nobody here seems to be willing to trade up into the top 10 for Lamb or Jeudy.  Nobody seems to be willing to pay for a top 10-15 WR in free agency.

The window is here for the Bills.  It’s time to stop shopping at thrift stores hoping to get lucky.  McBeane needs to decide what a championship caliber roster looks like and use every available resource to fashion a team in that image.  

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

He’s literally one of the most consistent WRs in the game and has been since he entered the league.  You can pencil him in for 75 catches, 1,100 yards, and 7 TDs every year.  The guy is easily better than any WR the Bills have had since Andre Reid.  Nobody here seems to be willing to trade up into the top 10 for Lamb or Jeudy.  Nobody seems to be willing to pay for a top 10-15 WR in free agency.

The window is here for the Bills.  It’s time to stop shopping at thrift stores hoping to get lucky.  McBeane needs to decide what a championship caliber roster looks like and use every available resource to fashion a team in that image.  

You have to look way deeper than just his final numbers.  The key to greatness is being consistent.  He had 3 100 games, including a 200 plus one.  He also had games of 0!, 3!, 19, & 24.  He’s been like that his whole career.  Dude is wack a mole and he’s going to get insane money for very inconsistent production.  

I don’t think it’s going to matter because plastic face Jones will re-sign him.  But while he’s super talented, I’ve never been a fan of such inconsistent players. 

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You have to look way deeper than just his final numbers.  The key to greatness is being consistent.  He had 3 100 games, including a 200 plus one.  He also had games of 0!, 3!, 19, & 24.  He’s been like that his whole career.  Dude is wack a mole and he’s going to get insane money for very inconsistent production.  

I don’t think it’s going to matter because plastic face Jones will re-sign him.  But while he’s super talented, I’ve never been a fan of such inconsistent players. 

Mike Evans had very similar stats.  He also had 3 100 yard games and a 0 yard game.  Cooper Krupp had similar numbers including 0, 17, 31, and 35 yard games.

There are maybe 6-8 truly elite WRs in the league.  Amari is in the next group that aren’t quite at the level of DeAndre, Tyreek, Michael Thomas, etc. but are undeniably number 1 WRs.  He only costs money, and the time to spend it on a guy who would immediately be the best offensive player on the team is now before a decision has to be made as to whether or not Josh gets a franchise level contract.

49 minutes ago, Billl said:

Mike Evans had very similar stats.  He also had 3 100 yard games and a 0 yard game.  Cooper Krupp had similar numbers including 0, 17, 31, and 35 yard games.

There are maybe 6-8 truly elite WRs in the league.  Amari is in the next group that aren’t quite at the level of DeAndre, Tyreek, Michael Thomas, etc. but are undeniably number 1 WRs.  He only costs money, and the time to spend it on a guy who would immediately be the best offensive player on the team is now before a decision has to be made as to whether or not Josh gets a franchise level contract.

Well, Kupp isn’t a number 1 receiver and won’t get paid like one.  And it’s insane to even compare Evans to Cooper.  He hasn’t had one 1,200 yard season or double digit td season while Evans has had 3 and 2 double digit td seasons.  Evans also helped the other TB receivers blow up.  

if Evans was on the market, I’d pay him in a second.  But I don’t see Cooper as that type of play.  Plenty of talent but he just disappears.  Cooper is close to Lee Evans at this point than Mike Evans.  

On 3/4/2020 at 8:57 AM, H2o said:

Pretty sure they are gonna use the tag on Dak is what I heard, unless there has been some progress made on that front I am unaware of at the moment (completely possible).

Yep, H2O.  I heard the same on Dak, and the word is Cooper and the Jones’s are close to a deal.