@KyleBrandt - "I want Amari Cooper in Buffalo.

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No thanks. He doesn't want to be here anyway.

Neither did Kim Kelly. Because they don't know until they get to Buffalo what kind of place it is. Can't fault the players for ignorance. He might come and then love it.

3 hours ago, Locomark said:

First and second pick for Ruggs is $15 million less and would still yield regular 1400-1600 yard seasons.....   screw the extra pick, go big or go home 

Why not do both? Who is that $$ going to stop us from signing in the next 2-3years. We got the room

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd take the already established superstar over the potential superstar any day. 

I don't think the Bills can afford a rookie WR growing pains this year. 

I agree that we'd prefer the established player, but at 20 million a year I dont thinks Cooper's (or any receiver for that much other than Thomas, Hopkins or Jones) worth it, I'd rather taker the gamble in the draft.

Except Cooper thinks playing in Buffalo and it’s late-season frigid temperatures isn’t for him.

“I don’t think it’s all about money,” Cooper told The Athletic’s Tim Graham last month from the Pro Bowl. “Most players in the NFL, and if you’re a highly touted free agent, you’re going to get paid a lot of money no matter where you go. So is it worth it to go somewhere you don’t want to go?”

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/02/can-buffalo-bills-recruit-free-agent-receiver-amari-cooper.html

I would pass on him too soft for here

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, H2o said:

He's a good WR and he's had some good years in this league already, but there are games where he just doesn't seem to show up. One week he gets 180-200yds and 2 scores, then the next week he has one or two catches for 30 yards. I'm not sure if it's the offense he was in, Dak, or him. I wouldn't be mad if we brought him in though. 

May be the guy gets all the attention from the best CB of the opposing team that leads to 1-2 catches.

15 hours ago, nucci said:

technically 4 but you're right

I actually read a number of opinions on this, all from reputable sources.  Some maintain 3 words, some 4.  May I suggest that if whoever you’re correcting is just one of us, throw the flag.  If it’s someone associated with the New England Patriots, pick up the flag, overrule the call, and award a compensatory draft pick to the Patsies.

?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
?
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Be prepared to end up with the next Zay Jones.  WR is a position that teams miss on all of the time. 

Be prepared for the next Marques Colston. This draft is so deep at WR, that in addition to drafting one up high, there will be VERY talented WR prospects late as well. Double dip late and increase the odds. 

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

May be the guy gets all the attention from the best CB of the opposing team that leads to 1-2 catches.

Gilmore completely shut him down. He had 0 catches that day. He had 1 rec for 3 yds against the Jets, 3 rec for 38yds vs Detroit, 1 rec for 19 yds against the Rams, and 4 rec for 24 yds against the Eagles. It's hard to say really. He had 22 of his receptions and almost 400 yds of his receiving total come in 2 games this past season. Take out those two big games and his averages the rest of the way were 4 catches for 58 yds per contest. I wouldn't mind him here and I think he would help the offense, but I don't know if he is worth the elite $$$ he is likely seeking. 

• Like (+1) 1

It does make sense with this team leading the league in drops why not add the receiver that lead the league individually in drops? ;) 

Its obvious he could bring a lot to the film room by teaching the Bills WR's the proper technique so they can all challenge for the individual league lead ;) 

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s already reported yesterday sources from ESPN stated Dallas is getting ready to extend or tag him.  Makes sense as the impact he had the moment he put on the Star.

Thank God :)

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Billl said:

<<Furiously scribbling notes>> A 25 year old with 4 trips to the pro bowl, 33 TDs, and over 5,000 yards receiving is a bust.  

Yes.  And 1) How has the teams done with him? and 2) Why isn't he still with them? As an aside, Dallas was desperate and paid with a 1st rounder. Keep taking notes.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I want a Pony.  And an airplane ticket to Belize.

I mean, sure! I'd like Amari Cooper in B'lo, but he pretty much flat out said he's got a list of teams he'll consider and they're all in the South, and that he wouldn't go somewhere like Buffalo just for a "couple of extra million".

I don't think we should be piling up extra-tall stacks of dollars for guys who don't want to be here.

Please stop with this.  He had a drop rate of 3.9% in Dallas in 2018 and 4.2% last year.  That's slightly below league average.

He has a high number of drops because he has a high number of targets.

He still drops balls. No need to stop with the truth, maybe stop with the Cooper threads every week and people won't have to repeat this every time.

Edited by Hardhatharry

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s already reported yesterday sources from ESPN stated Dallas is getting ready to extend or tag him.  Makes sense as the impact he had the moment he put on the Star.

Pretty sure they are gonna use the tag on Dak is what I heard, unless there has been some progress made on that front I am unaware of at the moment (completely possible).

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

He still drops balls. No need to stop with the truth, maybe stop with the Cooper threads every week and people won't have to repeat this every time.

Every wide receiver drops balls sometimes.  "Truth" comes with context, and removing the context removes the meaning.

Julian Edelman had more drops than Dawson Knox last year, 13 vs 10.  OMG horrid!  He led the league in drops!  Well wait - Edelman also got 3x as many targets, 150 vs 50. 

But in fact, Cooper is way down the list for absolute number of drops, 39th, and even lower in drop %, 83rd.

Repeating something that's meaningless absent context, and refusing to acknowledge the context or the facts presented, Not a good look here.

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Pretty sure they are gonna use the tag on Dak is what I heard, unless there has been some progress made on that front I am unaware of at the moment (completely possible).

Can't they use both franchise and transition tag?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1