Nashville tornado

Moving down there end of April, wife is there with the kids already staying with my parents who moved there this last fall. They are all safe thankfully. Only the third tornado ever to hit downtown Nashville 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Moving down there end of April, wife is there with the kids already staying with my parents who moved there this last fall. They are all safe thankfully. Only the third tornado ever to hit downtown Nashville 

First, I’m glad your family is safe. Prayers to anyone affected in any way by this. 

Second, I think you’ll LOVE Nashville. We are there quite often and used to have a place there. My wife was in touch with all our family and friends there this morning and everyone was fine. We were told most of the damage was east and north of the city (apparently Germantown got it pretty bad), but I’m not sure how much was known at that early point in time.  I couldn’t tell exactly where that video was taken. 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

First, I’m glad your family is safe. Prayers to anyone affected in any way by this. 

Second, I think you’ll LOVE Nashville. We are there quite often and used to have a place there. My wife was in touch with all our family and friends there this morning and everyone was fine. We were told most of the damage was east and north of the city (apparently Germantown got it pretty bad), but I’m not sure how much was known at that early point in time.  I couldn’t tell exactly where that video was taken. 

Thanks, we are excited. It was literally the one worry my wife had about moving down there, tornadoes (she has family in Huntsville and they get hit a lot). 

The stuff I have seen has been bad, death toll was up to 22 last I saw, with at  least 150 people missing

23 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Is this early for tornado season? I always thought it was a bit later into the beginning of spring? 

Exactly what I was thinking... told the wife this is pretty early for this... but mother nature does what she does whenever she wants.

14 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Thanks, we are excited. It was literally the one worry my wife had about moving down there, tornadoes (she has family in Huntsville and they get hit a lot). 

The stuff I have seen has been bad, death toll was up to 22 last I saw, with at  least 150 people missing

I lived in Nebraska for two years in the 1970s.  I was never actually was in a tornado, but they occurred in rural areas around Lincoln.  A big one hit suburban Omaha the last year I lived there, killing three people.

Some precautions:

#1 - Get a house with a basement and outfit a corner (preferably in SW corner) as a "safe room/area" -- no windows/no wall shelving/seating/possibly a strong wall separating it from the rest of the basement.

#2 - Build/install an in-ground storm shelter for a home without a basement.  They are now available as prefab units.

#3 - Invest in a NOAA emergency weather alert radio that can be programmed for your area.

#4 - Take every tornado warning seriously, and get your family, your pets, and yourself to your shelter ASAP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1