Post Combine Mock Draft

H2o

Good job and plausible in general terms. My only critiques are, with 3 front end starters on D leaving (Shaq, Zo, Phillips), I believe the Bills are unlikely to trade out of the First if Epenesa or the like is available. And I don't think they use a Second Round on RB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cage said:

In his comments the alternative is to assume that if they don't, then the Patriots would take him

I don't think you run your draft on what the next team may/may not do.  Worry about those ahead of you yes but making a decision to move back because of the Patriots is a losing mindset.

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I don't think you run your draft on what the next team may/may not do.  Worry about those ahead of you yes but making a decision to move back because of the Patriots is a losing mindset.

True. But his point is, the guy is winding up in your division anyway so how do you get the best out of it?

2 minutes ago, yungmack said:

True. But his point is, the guy is winding up in your division anyway so how do you get the best out of it?

The part of me that was raised in the 1980s loves the idea of letting Love go to the Pats and seeing a 1st round where the Dolphins had soooo many picks from tanking so badly... yet still couldnt secure ANY of the top or even 2nd tier QBs.

I'd rather deal with a rookie Love in New England if it means such abject failure for the Dolphins.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm not as high on Willekes as you, but I like most of it.  Good effort!  Bowden in the fourth might turn into a steal.  Brian Daboll would drool over all the trick plays he could devise using Bowden.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I think his goal was to have 3 picks in the top 53, as Beane has stated, we're not just one player away.  The trade back in this scenario just happened to be with the Dolphins.  He justified it by making the assumption that the Patriots would pick the guy otherwise, so he would end up in the division regardless.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I can’t stomach passing on Yetur Gross-Matos or AJ Epenesa. It’s BPA at a huge need.

Sure, that’s fair point. But free agency hasn’t happened yet.  If we pony up for Clowney or another quality FA DE it might not be surprising.  It’s early and just conjecture anyway.