Post Combine Mock Draft

H2o

Now that the combine dust has settled, and there are all types of rumors out there, I will take another shot at this thing.

1. Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow / QB / LSU - Nothing has changed here and the Bengals can't be stupid enough to trade out, right?

2. Washington Redskins - Tua Tagovailoa / QB / Alabama - Where there's smoke, there's fire. I'll buy into the Redskins taking Tua here. They (the new staff) have no ties to Haskins (though Snyder does), the Cardinals just did the same thing last year, and they don't call him Riverboat Ron for nothing. Ron gets his guy and Haskins will be somewhere taking sad selfies. 

3. ***TRADE*** Los Angeles Chargers - Justin Herbert / QB / Oregon - I think Brady signs in Tennessee come the first week of FA. The Chargers then jump to #3 to ensure their shot at Tua or Herbert. Lynn gets the QB he's going to hang his chances on for 2020 and beyond. 

4. New York Giants - Chase Young / DE / Ohio St. - Gettleman is an idiot, but a lucky one. The jockeying for QB's allows arguably the draft's best overall player to fall right into his lap without doing a thing. He will accredit the circumstances to the "computer folks" he hired, you know, "software". 

5. Miami Dolphins - Tristan Wirfs / OT / Iowa - After his combine performance, and the tape he already had, I think Wirfs is the first OT off of the board. There's no questioning the Dolphins need help along the OL and this is definitely a good start for them. 

6. Detroit Lions - Jeff Okudah / CB / Ohio St. - I think Slay gets moved at some point before the draft and Okudah is clearly the best CB on the board this year with elite ability. It's a pretty simple connecting of the dots which I learned how to do from the man, the myth, the legend Dunkirk.....or Chadwick..... ahhh, whatever.  

7. Carolina Panthers - Isaiah Simmons / LB / Clemson - Kuechley retires so enter the Simmons era in Carolina. He is an athletic freak who also has tape that makes you say "WOW" as well. Within 2 years he will be an All-Pro selection. 

8. Arizona Cardinals - CeeDee Lamb / WR / Oklahoma - Yep, Lamb as the first WR off of the board. Arizona needs to get Murray help on the OL for sure, but Kingsbury and Co. do not pass up on bringing in his former OU running mate in hopes it lights a fire under their offense. There will be no learning curve between these two, no time needed to build chemistry. It's already there. 

9. Jacksonville Jaguars - Mekhi Becton / OT / Louisville - Becton put on a show for a 364lb guy at the combine. I must apologize for thinking he was fat and out of shape after his weigh-in. You have to ask yourself, WWDD (What Would Dougie Do) here. The most Dougie thing to do is add a piece to the OL because he's going to run the ball another 45 times a game next year.....again. Honestly though, the Jags had some injuries and just a bad football team all the way around. Adding talent anywhere can't hurt.

10. Cleveland Browns - Jedrick Wills / OT / Alabama - If Mayfield is having to run for his life all of the time then he sure to be less effective. The crap show that was the Cleveland OL is going to be attempted to be corrected this year and Wills fits the athletic profile of what Stefanski had in Minnesota.  

11. New York Jets - Jerry Jeudy / WR / Alabama - The Jets need to fix that horrendous OL, but Darnold also has to have someone to throw the ball to other than Crowder. Jeudy will immediately become Sam's favorite target. 

12. Las Vegas Raiders - Henry Ruggs III / WR / Alabama - The pipe dream for the Bills' fans ends here. Do you honestly believe Gruden could pass on a guy with Ruggs' athletic ability after he ran a 4.27 40 yard dash at the combine? No way in Hades. He sees Ruggs as his Tyreke Hill. 

13. Indianapolis Colts - Derrick Brown / DT / Auburn - This is where it could get a little tricky. Indy has been linked to Phillip Rivers. They could look to add a weapon on the outside because most of theirs battled injuries last year, but I think they continue to build upon a stout foundation on defense. Not only will Brown impact the game on his own, but he'll also help to free up Leonard to make plays that much more. 

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Andrew Thomas / OT / Georgia - This is another tricky spot. It is said the Bucs are moving on from Jameis. Even if the Bucs go out and get a Bridgewater or a Tannehill I could see Arians going for a guy like Jordan Love here if he loves the guy's talent that much. Either way I take the safe bet in drafting OL because their OL surely needs some improvement. 

15. Denver Broncos - CJ Henderson / CB / Florida - Chris Harris is gone in FA and the top 3 WR's are off of the board. Elway would have taken one of Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs if they made it to him, but it didn't happen. Henderson was regarded by some as the 2nd best CB in the draft class prior to the combine and he showed well enough to retain that status getting drafted here. 

16. Atlanta Falcons - K'Lavon Chaisson / LB-DE / LSU - Chaisson is another freak athlete with loads of talent. He has the ability to do multiple things in Atlanta. Get after the QB, drop in coverage, and mainly make an impact on defense in year one. He seems like an obvious Dan Quinn kind of guy to me. 

17. Dallas Cowboys - Grant Delpit / S / LSU - The Cowboys are losing Byron Jones in FA which is a tough blow for an already underachieving group. Delpit will help to ease the transition as he is widely regarded as the best S prospect in the draft. In this instance a need can be filled with a top tier talent for Dallas at #17. 

18. Miami Dolphins - Kenneth Murray / LB / Oklahoma - Murray is an absolute dog out on the field. He is a sideline to sideline LB who possesses a lot of the traits that Flores covets. Once Flores gets his hands on him he will have him fighting for an All-Pro selection by year two and definitely starting from day one. 

19. Las Vegas Raiders - Javon Kinlaw / DT / South Carolina - Gruden gets Ruggs with his first 1st Round pick and grabs one of the top DT's with the second. Kinlaw is a disruptive force on the interior of the DL and will help with drawing attention off of Ferrell and Crosby, their two DE picks from last year. 

20. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kristian Fulton / CB / LSU - Dougie also needs help at CB with Bouye bombing out and them trading Ramsey. Fulton is an excellent prospect and will immediately upgrade their defensive backfield. 

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Justin Jefferson / WR / LSU - Jefferson showed what he needed to show at the combine. He's been a quality WR for 2 years at LSU, but was an excellent one this past season. Philly needs help at WR and they get a guy they feel is best suited for them here. 

22. ***TRADE*** Miami Dolphins - Jordan Love / QB / Utah St. - In this trade the Dolphins swap 1st Round and 2nd Round selections with us. We move to #26 in the 1st and then get #39 in the 2nd while Miami moves to #54. Miami feels they need to move in front of NE here to assure they get the QB prospect they want. He's an athletic QB, with a good arm, and the potential to be a starter. They get Wirfs @ #5, Murray @ #18, and now Love @ #22. Not a bad haul for Flores. 

23. New England Patriots - Josh Jones / OT / Houston - The New England OL was bad last year. They had a couple of injuries, but they were also a much weaker group overall than in years past. With Love being taken by the Dolphins the Pats work on a problem area. Don't be surprised if NE rolls into 2020 with someone like Kase Keenum as their starter. 

24. New Orleans Saints - Denzel Mims / WR / Baylor - Mims helped himself immensely at the combine. He already had size, production at Baylor, and he showed he has some elite athletic ability as well. After Michael Thomas the Saints don't have that much in the way of WR's on their depth chart. Payton and Co. will get the most out of this young man, even in his first year. 

25. Minnesota Vikings - Yetur Gross-Matos / DE / Penn St. - The Vikings are likely done with Everson Griffen. He could be re-signed, but I doubt it happens. The Vikings will look to find his replacement in the draft. I have said before I see YGM as a young Strahan. PennSt. had him playing all over this year which caused his sack production to dip. He will be a good DE in this league for many years to come. 

26. ***TRADE*** Indianapolis Colts - Tee Higgins / WR / Clemson - The Bills get #34, #75, and #160 in this scenario. The Colts Move back into the 1st to add another weapon for Phillip Rivers who loves chucking the ball up to big WR's. If they stay healthy the Colts now have a solid group in TY Hilton, Parris Campbell, and Tee Higgins. 

27. Seattle Seahawks - AJ Epenesa / DE / Iowa - Seattle is still looking for answers on defense. Though they could look to improve the OL (been saying this for like 5 years now) as well, I think they take a shot on a guy here they feel can help to get pressure on the QB. 

28. Baltimore Ravens - Zack Baun / LB-DE / Wisconsin - The Ravens go for an Edge defender here they feel can help them get even more pressure on the QB. Baun has some juice as you can see when you put on the tape. Baltimore is the perfect landing spot for him to be coached into a well rounded player. 

29. Tennessee Titans - Trevon Diggs / CB / Alabama - I expect Tennessee to be Brady's landing spot. I expect the Titans to Franchise Tag Derrick Henry. This team will basically be intact next year, but will have a needs in the Secondary, maybe on the OL if Conklin leaves, and basically every team could use more pass rush. Here they address the CB position with an intriguing prospect who has battled some injuries, but has plenty of talent. 

30. Green Bay Packers - Laviska Shenault / WR / Colorado - Outside of Adams, Rodgers doesn't have many receiving options. He's usually tossing the ball to RB's after that. I think LeFleur drafts him with a gameplan already in mind. Screens, reverses, and other quick plays to get him the ball in space until his route running catches up with his athletic ability. Having Shenault will also help to take some of the heat off of Adams and open up the field more.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Cesar Ruiz / OL / Michigan - The 49ers only have one pick in the first 4 rounds of the draft. Shanahan uses it to get a versatile interior blocker to add to his OL. 

32. Kansas City Chiefs - Neville Gallimore / DT / Oklahoma - The Chiefs are going to use the Franchise Tag on Chris Jones, but you saw how their defense struggled without him on the field last season. Gallimore gets to come in and learn from Jones while helping bolster that DL.

The Buffalo Bills were active on Day 1 trading back twice gaining the #34, #75, and #160 selections while moving up from #54 to #39 in the 2nd as well. Here is the Bills draft:

#34 - Chase Claypool / WR / Notre Dame - The Bills get a guy with size, physicality, and speed to help the WR group on the outside as well as being able to be moved all around by Daboll to create matchup problems for opposing defenses. They have already met with him multiple times and he had an excellent showing in Indy. 

#39 - Jonathan Taylor / RB / Wisconsin - A compliment to Singletary who can both run, catch, and adds a breakaway dynamic to the backfield. He has had some ball security issues at times, but so did Tiki Barber at one point. I think he would fit well into the Bills backfield. 

***TRADE*** #53 - Bryce Hall / CB / Virginia  -  The Bills package picks #75 & #86 to trade up with Philly to land a CB they feel fits perfectly into the scheme and can start opposite of Tre for years to come. Hall has excellent ball skills exhibited by his 21 pass breakups in 2018, he is physical against the run, and tackles well.

***TRADE*** #116 - Kenny Willekes / DE / Michigan St. - The Bills give up #160, #167, and #207 to move up here for Willekes. To me the guy screams process going from a walk-on to All-American @ MSU. He can help fill the void left by Shaq leaving via FA in a rotational role on the DL. He has a knack for blowing up running plays and despite the knocks on him about his pass rushing ability I believe he will be a quality player in the NFL who can meet the production left behind by Lawson. 

#125Lynn Bowden / WR / Kentucky - Bowden was a do-it-all weapon for Kentucky. He played WR and QB for the Wildcats. He also has some serious potential to be a standout in the return game on both KR and PR in the NFL. He could play WR, handle returns, be a gunner, and an emergency QB for the Bills. 

#188 - Michael Onwenu / G / Michigan - We continue to bolster and add depth up front with this selection.

#201 - Jordan Fuller / S / Ohio St. - There's going to be a Safety taken somewhere in this draft and here it is. He's a great athlete, but can take some bad angles at times and will need to work on his tackling. The athletic ability alone is worth a shot @ #201 to close out our 2020 draft class. 

This is all just for fun, but flame away if you feel the need to do so. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Sure would be nice to be able to trade down multiple times in rd 1.  

Claypool and Taylor would be great additions to the offense.  

Bowden is one of my favorites in the draft.  I really hope we draft he or Antonio Gibson

I Feel hall I’d a great fit.  I like Johnson’s a bit more, but he might not be there.  Really like

gladney as well.  Not sure where he’s going to get drafted but I really love what I’ve seen from BYU corner John Reid

not a fan of Willikes and don’t know much about onenwu or fuller to remark

• Like (+1) 1

Overall great work but too many trade downs. You trade down and get extra picks when you have too many holes to fill. I believe he will target 3-4 guys and do their best to grab them. Can't see it this way.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

A team should not/would not trade within the division so their opponent gets a QB.

In his comments the alternative is to assume that if they don't, then the Patriots would take him

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Now that the combine dust has settled, and there are all types of rumors out there, I will take another shot at this thing.

This is all just for fun, but flame away if you feel the need to do so. :thumbsup:

Love the effort and creativity. Made for a real fun read!

That said, I'm not thrilled with that outcome. Feels like a lot of work making trades to walk away with a mediocre talent pool. Although, I'm not sold on Higgins or Shenault at #22 either so...

edit: My only major beef is using a 2nd round pick on a RB who will be a "compliment" to Singletary. That should come in the 4th round or later, or even UDFA.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Love the effort and creativity. Made for a real fun read!

That said, I'm not thrilled with that outcome. Feels like a lot of work making trades to walk away with a mediocre talent pool. Although, I'm not sold on Higgins or Shenault at #22 either so...

edit: My only major beef is using a 2nd round pick on a RB who will be a "compliment" to Singletary. That should come in the 4th round or later, or even UDFA.

Oh, I think that it would be at least an even split and that Taylor could easily get 1,200 yards total a season, but I mean the compliment aspect in that Taylor has more speed than Singletary and could take it to the house on any given play. 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Oh, I think that it would be at least an even split and that Taylor could easily get 1,200 yards total a season, but I mean the compliment aspect in that Taylor has more speed than Singletary and could take it to the house on any given play. 

I understand, I just think Singletary should get the bulk of the carries and be that 1200 yard rusher, while the guy we draft late can spell him like Gore (but be more effective than Gore was)

Nice work tho! Thanks for keeping the offseason interesting!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

1. Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow / QB / LSU - Nothing has changed here and the Bengals can't be stupid enough to trade out, right?

2. Washington Redskins - Tua Tagovailoa / QB / Alabama - Where there's smoke, there's fire. I'll buy into the Redskins taking Tua here. They (the new staff) have no ties to Haskins (though Snyder does), the Cardinals just did the same thing last year, and they don't call him Riverboat Ron for nothing. Ron gets his guy and Haskins will be somewhere taking sad selfies. 

3. ***TRADE*** Los Angeles Chargers - Justin Herbert / QB / Oregon - I think Brady signs in Tennessee come the first week of FA. The Chargers then jump to #3 to ensure their shot at Tua or Herbert. Lynn gets the QB he's going to hang his chances on for 2020 and beyond. 

4. New York Giants - Chase Young / DE / Ohio St. - Gettleman is an idiot, but a lucky one. The jockeying for QB's allows arguably the draft's best overall player to fall right into his lap without doing a thing. He will accredit the circumstances to the "computer folks" he hired, you know, "software". 

5. Miami Dolphins - Tristan Wirfs / OT / Iowa - After his combine performance, and the tape he already had, I think Wirfs is the first OT off of the board. There's no questioning the Dolphins need help along the OL and this is definitely a good start for them. 

6. Detroit Lions - Jeff Okudah / CB / Ohio St. - I think Slay gets moved at some point before the draft and Okudah is clearly the best CB on the board this year with elite ability. It's a pretty simple connecting of the dots which I learned how to do from the man, the myth, the legend Dunkirk.....or Chadwick..... ahhh, whatever.  

7. Carolina Panthers - Isaiah Simmons / LB / Clemson - Kuechley retires so enter the Simmons era in Carolina. He is an athletic freak who also has tape that makes you say "WOW" as well. Within 2 years he will be an All-Pro selection. 

8. Arizona Cardinals - CeeDee Lamb / WR / Oklahoma - Yep, Lamb as the first WR off of the board. Arizona needs to get Murray help on the OL for sure, but Kingsbury and Co. do not pass up on bringing in his former OU running mate in hopes it lights a fire under their offense. There will be no learning curve between these two, no time needed to build chemistry. It's already there. 

9. Jacksonville Jaguars - Mekhi Becton / OT / Louisville - Becton put on a show for a 364lb guy at the combine. I must apologize for thinking he was fat and out of shape after his weigh-in. You have to ask yourself, WWDD (What Would Dougie Do) here. The most Dougie thing to do is add a piece to the OL because he's going to run the ball another 45 times a game next year.....again. Honestly though, the Jags had some injuries and just a bad football team all the way around. Adding talent anywhere can't hurt.

10. Cleveland Browns - Jedrick Wills / OT / Alabama - If Mayfield is having to run for his life all of the time then he sure to be less effective. The crap show that was the Cleveland OL is going to be attempted to be corrected this year and Wills fits the athletic profile of what Stefanski had in Minnesota.  

11. New York Jets - Jerry Jeudy / WR / Alabama - The Jets need to fix that horrendous OL, but Darnold also has to have someone to throw the ball to other than Crowder. Jeudy will immediately become Sam's favorite target. 

12. Las Vegas Raiders - Henry Ruggs III / WR / Alabama - The pipe dream for the Bills' fans ends here. Do you honestly believe Gruden could pass on a guy with Ruggs' athletic ability after he ran a 4.27 40 yard dash at the combine? No way in Hades. He sees Ruggs as his Tyreke Hill. 

13. Indianapolis Colts - Derrick Brown / DT / Auburn - This is where it could get a little tricky. Indy has been linked to Phillip Rivers. They could look to add a weapon on the outside because most of theirs battled injuries last year, but I think they continue to build upon a stout foundation on defense. Not only will Brown impact the game on his own, but he'll also help to free up Leonard to make plays that much more. 

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Andrew Thomas / OT / Georgia - This is another tricky spot. It is said the Bucs are moving on from Jameis. Even if the Bucs go out and get a Bridgewater or a Tannehill I could see Arians going for a guy like Jordan Love here if he loves the guy's talent that much. Either way I take the safe bet in drafting OL because their OL surely needs some improvement. 

15. Denver Broncos - CJ Henderson / CB / Florida - Chris Harris is gone in FA and the top 3 WR's are off of the board. Elway would have taken one of Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs if they made it to him, but it didn't happen. Henderson was regarded by some as the 2nd best CB in the draft class prior to the combine and he showed well enough to retain that status getting drafted here. 

16. Atlanta Falcons - K'Lavon Chaisson / LB-DE / LSU - Chaisson is another freak athlete with loads of talent. He has the ability to do multiple things in Atlanta. Get after the QB, drop in coverage, and mainly make an impact on defense in year one. He seems like an obvious Dan Quinn kind of guy to me. 

17. Dallas Cowboys - Grant Delpit / S / LSU - The Cowboys are losing Byron Jones in FA which is a tough blow for an already underachieving group. Delpit will help to ease the transition as he is widely regarded as the best S prospect in the draft. In this instance a need can be filled with a top tier talent for Dallas at #17. 

18. Miami Dolphins - Kenneth Murray / LB / Oklahoma - Murray is an absolute dog out on the field. He is a sideline to sideline LB who possesses a lot of the traits that Flores covets. Once Flores gets his hands on him he will have him fighting for an All-Pro selection by year two and definitely starting from day one. 

19. Las Vegas Raiders - Javon Kinlaw / DT / South Carolina - Gruden gets Ruggs with his first 1st Round pick and grabs one of the top DT's with the second. Kinlaw is a disruptive force on the interior of the DL and will help with drawing attention off of Ferrell and Crosby, their two DE picks from last year. 

20. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kristian Fulton / CB / LSU - Dougie also needs help at CB with Bouye bombing out and them trading Ramsey. Fulton is an excellent prospect and will immediately upgrade their defensive backfield. 

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Justin Jefferson / WR / LSU - Jefferson showed what he needed to show at the combine. He's been a quality WR for 2 years at LSU, but was an excellent one this past season. Philly needs help at WR and they get a guy they feel is best suited for them here. 

22. ***TRADE*** Miami Dolphins - Jordan Love / QB / Utah St. - In this trade the Dolphins swap 1st Round and 2nd Round selections with us. We move to #26 in the 1st and then get #39 in the 2nd while Miami moves to #54. Miami feels they need to move in front of NE here to assure they get the QB prospect they want. He's an athletic QB, with a good arm, and the potential to be a starter. They get Wirfs @ #5, Murray @ #18, and now Love @ #22. Not a bad haul for Flores. 

23. New England Patriots - Josh Jones / OT / Houston - The New England OL was bad last year. They had a couple of injuries, but they were also a much weaker group overall than in years past. With Love being taken by the Dolphins the Pats work on a problem area. Don't be surprised if NE rolls into 2020 with someone like Kase Keenum as their starter. 

24. New Orleans Saints - Denzel Mims / WR / Baylor - Mims helped himself immensely at the combine. He already had size, production at Baylor, and he showed he has some elite athletic ability as well. After Michael Thomas the Saints don't have that much in the way of WR's on their depth chart. Payton and Co. will get the most out of this young man, even in his first year. 

25. Minnesota Vikings - Yetur Gross-Matos / DE / Penn St. - The Vikings are likely done with Everson Griffen. He could be re-signed, but I doubt it happens. The Vikings will look to find his replacement in the draft. I have said before I see YGM as a young Strahan. PennSt. had him playing all over this year which caused his sack production to dip. He will be a good DE in this league for many years to come. 

26. ***TRADE*** Indianapolis Colts - Tee Higgins / WR / Clemson - The Bills get #34, #75, and #160 in this scenario. The Colts Move back into the 1st to add another weapon for Phillip Rivers who loves chucking the ball up to big WR's. If they stay healthy the Colts now have a solid group in TY Hilton, Parris Campbell, and Tee Higgins. 

27. Seattle Seahawks - AJ Epenesa / DE / Iowa - Seattle is still looking for answers on defense. Though they could look to improve the OL (been saying this for like 5 years now) as well, I think they take a shot on a guy here they feel can help to get pressure on the QB. 

28. Baltimore Ravens - Zack Baun / LB-DE / Wisconsin - The Ravens go for an Edge defender here they feel can help them get even more pressure on the QB. Baun has some juice as you can see when you put on the tape. Baltimore is the perfect landing spot for him to be coached into a well rounded player. 

29. Tennessee Titans - Trevon Diggs / CB / Alabama - I expect Tennessee to be Brady's landing spot. I expect the Titans to Franchise Tag Derrick Henry. This team will basically be intact next year, but will have a needs in the Secondary, maybe on the OL if Conklin leaves, and basically every team could use more pass rush. Here they address the CB position with an intriguing prospect who has battled some injuries, but has plenty of talent. 

30. Green Bay Packers - Laviska Shenault / WR / Colorado - Outside of Adams, Rodgers doesn't have many receiving options. He's usually tossing the ball to RB's after that. I think LeFleur drafts him with a gameplan already in mind. Screens, reverses, and other quick plays to get him the ball in space until his route running catches up with his athletic ability. Having Shenault will also help to take some of the heat off of Adams and open up the field more.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Cesar Ruiz / OL / Michigan - The 49ers only have one pick in the first 4 rounds of the draft. Shanahan uses it to get a versatile interior blocker to add to his OL. 

32. Kansas City Chiefs - Neville Gallimore / DT / Oklahoma - The Chiefs are going to use the Franchise Tag on Chris Jones, but you saw how their defense struggled without him on the field last season. Gallimore gets to come in and learn from Jones while helping bolster that DL.

The Buffalo Bills were active on Day 1 trading back twice gaining the #34, #75, and #160 selections while moving up from #54 to #39 in the 2nd as well. Here is the Bills draft:

#34 - Chase Claypool / WR / Notre Dame - The Bills get a guy with size, physicality, and speed to help the WR group on the outside as well as being able to be moved all around by Daboll to create matchup problems for opposing defenses. They have already met with him multiple times and he had an excellent showing in Indy. 

#39 - Jonathan Taylor / RB / Wisconsin - A compliment to Singletary who can both run, catch, and adds a breakaway dynamic to the backfield. He has had some ball security issues at times, but so did Tiki Barber at one point. I think he would fit well into the Bills backfield. 

***TRADE*** #53 - Bryce Hall / CB / Virginia  -  The Bills package picks #75 & #86 to trade up with Philly to land a CB they feel fits perfectly into the scheme and can start opposite of Tre for years to come. Hall has excellent ball skills exhibited by his 21 pass breakups in 2018, he is physical against the run, and tackles well.

***TRADE*** #116 - Kenny Willekes / DE / Michigan St. - The Bills give up #160, #167, and #207 to move up here for Willekes. To me the guy screams process going from a walk-on to All-American @ MSU. He can help fill the void left by Shaq leaving via FA in a rotational role on the DL. He has a knack for blowing up running plays and despite the knocks on him about his pass rushing ability I believe he will be a quality player in the NFL who can meet the production left behind by Lawson. 

#125Lynn Bowden / WR / Kentucky - Bowden was a do-it-all weapon for Kentucky. He played WR and QB for the Wildcats. He also has some serious potential to be a standout in the return game on both KR and PR in the NFL. He could play WR, handle returns, be a gunner, and an emergency QB for the Bills. 

#188 - Michael Onwenu / G / Michigan - We continue to bolster and add depth up front with this selection.

#201 - Jordan Fuller / S / Ohio St. - There's going to be a Safety taken somewhere in this draft and here it is. He's a great athlete, but can take some bad angles at times and will need to work on his tackling. The athletic ability alone is worth a shot @ #201 to close out our 2020 draft class. 

I like the guys we get.  But no chance we trade with Miami so they can draft someone who many compare to Mahomes.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think you did some really nice work overall.  On Wills though, I think he’s going to fall hard from where the media has had him slotted.  In any event, he’s a terrible scheme match for Cleveland.  They will be running a zone stretch and his agility is terrible. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

Nice explanation for the methodology behind your mock. 

I keep thinking McBeane recognize that they need immediate starters on offense and solid depth, especially at DE, on defense.  This is their "go for it" year and it's why I see them going bold on draft day.  You'd think it'd be in UFA, but they don't strike me as going for broke there and replicating mistakes made before their tenure.

That said, I can't see them moving way up for Jeudy or Lamb, but I could see a modest trade up given their history for a Ruggs or whomever they see as a starter out of the gate. 

• Like (+1) 1