Washington Post article on the future of The Athletic

I was on the fence for months before subscribing.  It’s very good, especially during Bills season - but I am debating whether I want to renew or not.  If you like sports, you’ll love The Athletic.

I think some people missed the main point of the article - that The Athletic has never made a profit and probably can sustain what they’ve without a huge conglomerate buying the company.  If that doesn’t happen at some point, they’ll close down putting a lot of great writers out of work.  

The future is very much in question 

5 hours ago, notwoz said:

I subscribed to the Atlantic last fall, based on the orgasmic comments from subscribers here on TBD. I  got it at a discount. Frankly, it's not worth it, even at the discounted price. I called today to cancel my subscription. 

I’m curious, do you read the articles but don’t like them?  Do you just not use it enough?  What do you dislike?

I’m a subscriber and really love the site, the in season Bills coverage is outstanding.  I think $60 annually is a fair price and worth the money. 

11 hours ago, todzilla said:

I’m curious, do you read the articles but don’t like them?  Do you just not use it enough?  What do you dislike?

I’m a subscriber and really love the site, the in season Bills coverage is outstanding.  I think $60 annually is a fair price and worth the money. 

The articles are OK. I just didn't find the site compelling.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Not sure how you find out exactly which stories are being unlocked, but I figured I’d share.

For anybody who is a fan of the Bonnies or college basketball during the Lanier years, Tim Graham's huge article back in December was an all time great read.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/3/2020 at 5:56 PM, Mark Long Beach said:

I also have a subscription and I love it.   I'm mostly on for my Bills & Lakers ( I AM in L.A.) but it covers so much else that I can go read about some interesting story in some other sport or team.

It's absolutely worth it to me.

Ex-Buffalonians should be in on the Clippers... rather than the Lakers. Am I right?

3 hours ago, bbb said:

For anybody who is a fan of the Bonnies or college basketball during the Lanier years, Tim Graham's huge article back in December was an all time great read.  

Go Bonnies!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1