Christian McCaffrey pondered as possibly being available?!?!?!

What would you do for Christian McCaffrey?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What would you give up for CMC?

• Nothing, I don't want the greatest player in the league on my team and to become a dynasty
    • Two 1st rounders
    • Two 1st rounders plus a 2nd
    • This years entire draft
    • Two 1sts and two 2nds
    • I would trade anything in the world to have CMC on my team and win multiole Super Bowls

11 hours ago, warrior9 said:

so you compared the ineffectiveness of a historic RB season by comparing it to another historically great RB that won nothing? 

Yes I did.  And it was to point out how wrong your original comment was.  I never said that CMC or any RB in the history of the NFL could on their own win a team championships.  Even a QB doesn't have that power.

My point was that an elite RB like CMC could be the difference maker that propels an otherwise good team to a championship.  And if you don' think that Barry Sanders could have lifted any number of good teams to a championship back in the day then you haven't watched Sanders play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

First off CMC is that good. Those who think Singleterry is on the same level are fooling themselves.  Keep in mind that CMC has stayed HEALTHY through THREE NFL seasons in spite of all his touches.

And while I like Singleterry my knock on him was that he didn't exactly make a lot happen as a pass catching RB.  Think about the 6 yrd gain off an Allen pass against Cleveland late.  Throw that same pass to CMC and you probably can add 10 yards to the total and we win the game.  It was very rare that CMC was tackled by one guy in open space.

Go and watch CMC's highlights and then get back to me about whether Singleterry is even close to his level.  CMC made catches that would impress the best WR's in the game.  

And while this is a classic off season discussion (to much time on our hands) at the Panthers Reddit there are at least THREE different threads talking about Carolina's new ownership maybe letting  CMC go. 

As for what he would be worth to the Bills? I think that bringing in a guy like CMC could put us over the top and into a conference championship and maybe even the SB.  CMC was deadly running the read option with Newton and he would be just as dangerous running it with Allen.  CMC also averaged 5 yards per carry with a lot of that coming between the tackles. 

And I think CMC & Singleterry could be complimentary to each other.  The guy is evidently a gym rat who is likely to stay in prime health for another 3 - 5 years. 

Now do I think Carolina would let him go and we would pick him up? No.  But it's fun speculating and over in Panther country they're terrified at the possibility of losing one of the most exciting players in the NFL.

These are my exact feelings even if I don't put them as eloquently as the poetry that was just written by you...:wub:

CMC is THAT player we are missing to win the SB. Him and Allen running the option would be disgusting... especially out of 2 rb sets or the wishbone with Knox.

18 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I voted for "multiole"

That's always a great choice Brown Eye!!!

17 hours ago, Chaos said:

Do I have the option of getting Derrick Henry in free agency for just money instead? 

Yes, you do Henry would be a great consolation

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, warrior9 said:

so you compared the ineffectiveness of a historic RB season by comparing it to another historically great RB that won nothing? 

Well he doesn't have to carry us, he has Allen

12 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I am on my second martini at dinner and at first glance I thought you were asking what we should trade for Christian Ponder...They make them strong here at the Ruth Chris’ in Chicago ? 

I was hoping somebody would catch that:wub: Ponder was one of my mistakes.... I really thought he was going to be amazing and at worst the best backup the league has seen ala Fitzy

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yes I did.  And it was to point out how wrong your original comment was.  I never said that CMC or any RB in the history of the NFL could on their own win a team championships.  Even a QB doesn't have that power.

My point was that an elite RB like CMC could be the difference maker that propels an otherwise good team to a championship.  And if you don' think that Barry Sanders could have lifted any number of good teams to a championship back in the day then you haven't watched Sanders play.

So what does "carry a team" mean, like you mentioned in your other post? 

Isn't that like saying they could take a team to a championship? Henry did it because he's a monster and their o-line was playing lights out, as was their defense. RB's (especially pass-catching RB's) can NOT carry a team. It's literally..... never happened. 

21 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Well he doesn't have to carry us, he has Allen

I was hoping somebody would catch that:wub: Ponder was one of my mistakes.... I really thought he was going to be amazing and at worst the best backup the league has seen ala Fitzy

I don't want to give up any amount of 1/2nd round picks for someone that couldn't "carry" us. There are very few players. Mack--- who they traded 2 1st for got them to the playoffs his first year........ last year... they didn't make the play offs now they have no first or second round picks... it's just a VERY slippery slope.

I honestly don’t see Carolina make CMC available on the market, I just don’t see it.

Since Cam had a lot of injuries, he became the face of this team to me and they clearly want to rebuild, but there are some guys who are untouchable imo...?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

So what does "carry a team" mean, like you mentioned in your other post? 

Isn't that like saying they could take a team to a championship? Henry did it because he's a monster and their o-line was playing lights out, as was their defense. RB's (especially pass-catching RB's) can NOT carry a team. It's literally..... never happened. 

I don't want to give up any amount of 1/2nd round picks for someone that couldn't "carry" us. There are very few players. Mack--- who they traded 2 1st for got them to the playoffs his first year........ last year... they didn't make the play offs now they have no first or second round picks... it's just a VERY slippery slope.

CMC could carry a team, but to ask him to score 6 or 7 TDs a game is ridiculous. With our D, he could easily carry us to a SB win. By that I mean he would be the reason we get there and win, thereby carrying.

• Like (+1) 1