Christian McCaffrey pondered as possibly being available?!?!?!

What would you do for Christian McCaffrey?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What would you give up for CMC?

• Nothing, I don't want the greatest player in the league on my team and to become a dynasty
    • Two 1st rounders
    • Two 1st rounders plus a 2nd
    • This years entire draft
    • Two 1sts and two 2nds
    • I would trade anything in the world to have CMC on my team and win multiole Super Bowls

Thinking about this, CMC is valuable and I believe Carolina will need some help on defense; I propose giving Carolina both Star Lotuleleii-e-i-e-i-o and Trent Murphy in exchange for obtaining CMC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What is it with the weird Christian McCaffrey obsession on this board?  As it's utter nonsense, I don't pay close enough attention to know if it's just one poster, but we had a long running McCaffrey fantasy last season too, right?

It's always so refreshing to hear from the Madden experts about how great it would be if the Bills threw record breaking money at a running back.  

• Sad 1

Why do people start polls with such stupid lopsided choices? What’s the point of starting a thread if you don’t want to provide more realistic choices?  

Honestly might be one of the worst polls I’ve ever seen on here.  

I love CMC, but this poll is so utterly ridiculous to the point you can’t even take this thread seriously.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bro you need some realistic options, you cant go from nothing to two first and then more on top of that.

I didnt vote due to unrealistic options.

He's is great but he is a running back so no more than a second.

You've made other outlandish proposals, you should seek counseling, i think you're bipolar.

5 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

This shtick is getting OLD. 

he really believes it though, sad.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Guess the OP has a thing for white skill position players.

dont ask dont tell ;)

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

In all seriousness, yes, it would be terribly cool if this could happen, and I’d be happy to throw a 1st and a few 2nds his way,  but I doubt the Panthers make this happen—still, fun offseason what-ifs 

exactly, who in their right mind would trade one of the leading candidates for MVP last year? Makes no sense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

First, I don’t ever see this happening, but if so, I can see a 2nd this year, and a 1st next year, as we need our picks this year.  The article that just came out though with another mock draft had us taking the UCLA kid who is fast and tough.  That is more likely what we would do to save assets.  You just don’t give away. That many assets for any RB. It’s not like Zeke, or Barkley have made their teams get to the SB, and they are considered the best RB’s or at the top at least in the league.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sirebors said:

Can I throw in Mike Schopp and the Bulldog. 

Yup, ?

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

,,,Dunkirk Don does NOT approve of this message............

I see ?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

No, I just enjoy the finest players the game has to offer. Just the other day I was banging the table for Marquette King:wub:

Be careful banging head too much.  Rumor is it causes CTE but no one has proven the opposite - those with CTE tend to bang their head a lot.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

He's the best receiving back to ever play the game bro as well as current best rushing back

? Something tells me Ladanian Tomlinson, Thurman Thomas and Marshall Faulk would have something to say about the first bit.

The 2nd bit is debatable.  There are about 5 guys with a legitimate claim to "best back".

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

the panthers should trade him if they're looking to tank next year. i'd go a first but no more. you gotta pay him and the amount of touches he gets is gonna kill him. 

If the Panthers are doing a full scale rebuild then they have to strongly consider trading McCaffery. If the Panthers are doing a Dolphins/Browns style tear it down to the bone rebuild then you are not going to be competitive the next 2 years at least and by then McCaffery will be on his 5th year option and due for an extension. You would be wasting two years of McCaffery's prime and essentially the rest of the his rookie deal in a rebuilding wasteland. You also run the risk of destroying him as an asset since you will be running him behind a lackluster supporting cast thus risking injury and other issues a bit more than normal. 

I think if you can get 2 first round picks and other picks/assets for him you have to at least strongly consider if a haul of picks (a 1stand 3rdin 2020 and a 1stplus late round pick in 2021 at a minimum) is on the table. But unless you are getting a package centered around 2 first round picks and another 3rdrounder then you can’t trade him. You have a RB who even after a 2 year rebuild will still be 26 and presumably have another 3-4 high end elite years in his prime left for a team that is better suited to contend. He still can fit a timetable of a rebuild so there isn’t an onus to trade him. 

I am curious to see what team will put together that package for a RB even one as elite as CMC who is locked into a rookie deal with 2 more years left. Kansas City would be an interesting team as they could try and package picks 32 and 63 in 2020 and their 1stand 3rdin 2021 if they want to add another elite and affordable weapon to that already stacked offense. But given that KC’s picks won’t be as highly valued as other picks, and while I think KC would easily be willing to give up 32 and 63 along with their 1stin 2021 along with at least one other premium pick in 2021 or 2022 I don’t think they are willing to put in 3 first rounders and other picks to put a package over the top. 

I don’t see another team that makes sense. Las Vegas would have made sense had they not had a rookie RB with a 5thyear option ready to roll, Minnesota, NOLA and Green Bay have quality young RB’s. I could see Miami making a play if they were a bit closer as they could easily offer picks 18, 26, 110ish (their early 4thround pick) in 2020 and their 2021 3rdround pick. But I think they want to build for another year before making a move to help them take that next step. Maybe Seattle could put together a package of picks 26, 59, 64 and a 2ndand 4thin 2021. But I think Seattle would rather just spend those picks building their roster and roll with Carson. So I don’t see a trade coming together.