Say bye to Shaq?

8 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Could've packaged him for McCaffrey or Kupp who would've pushed us over the hump

Trying to trade him for either of those two? At the end of last year? Please. Packaged is right, it would have taken an awful lot more in the package than Lawson.

And neither of those guys makes us competitive for a Super Bowl last year. They don't get us over that hump.

38 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Trying to trade him for either of those two? At the end of last year? Please. Packaged is right, it would have taken an awful lot more in the package than Lawson.

And neither of those guys makes us competitive for a Super Bowl last year. They don't get us over that hump.

...nor would their potentially excessive tariffs fit the "Beane Way" IMO................

Letting him test market is the only way to get the information for resigning him. We should not over pay for Shaq. We should learn our lesson from Dareus. Shaq has some of the same historic troubling times. He finally got serious last year. He wasted at least 2 yrs of his career and we paid for it.

Keep him for a goid price. Let him walk if offers are extreme. He is not a saviour 

I think the Bills should pay him. They have the cap space to pay market value. By declining his 5th year option, they told Shaq he had to prove himself if he wanted to stay a Bill. He responded with his best year by far, so I think it would be a good message to the rest of the team to sign him to a lucrative, but hopefully not insane, contract. If he wants one, that is. 

9 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

He has developed very slowly....not nicely.   He isn't playing like a Rnd 1 until year 4......and still behaving like a kid on the field.  Let him walk!

He still looks out of shape to me when I see him. I don’t trust him with a big contract at all.

Well, I think Buffalo is in a great position to tak AJ Epenesa or Yetur Gross-Matos. I think we go EDGE in RD1. Ruggs, Lamb and Jeudy will be long gone. Probably looking at Mims, Claypool or Jefferson RD2. That’s how I see the board playing out. I think Beane will fill our needs in FA and let the board come to us. Could be WR, could be OT but I believe it’ll be Epenesa or Gross-Matos at #22. Could see us adding Kenny Willekes or Alton Robinson RD3 and perhaps another WR in RD4.

10 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

1840AD26-2B2E-43D7-9E4B-A3D392E0E7CE.jpeg

He sees all of the pass rushers getting the Franchise Tag and knows he's about to get his pay day. I said yesterday that all of the tags coming out is working highly in his favor. He's turned into a good player over the last couple of years and I hate to see him go, but someone will likely give him a deal we aren't willing to match and that's if he even wants to come back here in the first place. 

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s about what I think he’s going to get. He feels like about a $10M a year guy. 

Romo just got 17m plus to sit in the booth and make some really good assumptions and observations.

I would think 12m for 5yrs  with 40m guaranteed is reasonable in todays market.

9 hours ago, Putin said:

Should have signed him to the 5th year option when we had the chance 

He didn't look like he was worth it and most posters on here agreed with management at the time.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Letting him test market is the only way to get the information for resigning him. We should not over pay for Shaq. We should learn our lesson from Dareus. Shaq has some of the same historic troubling times. He finally got serious last year. He wasted at least 2 yrs of his career and we paid for it.

Keep him for a goid price. Let him walk if offers are extreme. He is not a saviour 

I too would let him walk if he is offered too much. I would not overpay him. But "He wasted two years." Really? He was injured his first season, the team knew the risk when they drafted him. HE did not waste that year, if anyone wasted it, it was the team that chose to draft him knowing the risk. His second year he was essentially a rookie, learning to play football at the higher NFL "speed". What percent of rookies look fantastic their Rookie year? Only an elite few like Tre look that way, they are the exception rather than the common. While not elite, the last two years he definitely has proven he belongs in the NFL. How did he waste two years? 

While not elite, he is definitely a quality player, and should expect to be paid as such. By Buffalo or another team. The question is how much is a quality player at his position worth?

I like Shaq but I don’t love Shaq... it’s tough because he’s the type of player who you don’t want to overpay for because he isn’t an elite talent but he does enough good things that you need to replace him carefully if he’s gone. Based on Beane’s comments it seems they want to keep him but I anticipate it’s at a certain value they’ve placed on him. That’s the right move with these types of players imo. I’m sure his agent thinks they can do better on the open market. I’m interested to see who the Bills  release/sign/draft at DE. They said last season they needed to get better there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Let another team over pay him..  

This Edge draft class is weak (Chase Young excepted).  That’s only going to raise the value of the FA Edge players. Add in the expectation of a big jump in the cap with the new CBA and things are gonna start to get crazy.

I find NFL free agency to be hilarious. The Bills draft a guy in the first round. He hardly performs up to that level for years. Now they have a boatload of money in cap space to resign him and there’s an expectation he’ll get paid by someone else? 

I don't see him getting over $10 million a year. I think somewhere in the $8-9 mil range gets it done. Whether that's with Buffalo or somewhere else, we'll see.

Even with all the guys getting tagged, there's still a lot of pass rush options on the free agent market, not to mention guys potentially available for trades.

I also don't think the Instagram post really tells us anything; just means free agency begins in two weeks and we've known for awhile now that Beane was fine with him testing the market.

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I find NFL free agency to be hilarious. The Bills draft a guy in the first round. He hardly performs up to that level for years. Now they have a boatload of money in cap space to resign him and there’s an expectation he’ll get paid by someone else? 

It’s a very thin pass rusher market

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Maybe he's getting married in a couple weeks.  It will definitely get real then.

Doc Brown has hit on something .. I think this tweet could mean lots of things: The marriage thing or he could be thinking on of the below or other thoughts

1) That corona virus thing ... It's about to get real in a couple of weeks.

2) Clemson basketball .. on the outside looking in but ... It's about to get real in a couple of weeks.

3) XFL season winding down ... ... It's about to get real in a couple of weeks.

4) I have a fecal impaction ... It's about to get real in a couple of weeks.

5) I set up my TwoBillsDrive account a few months ago .. and can soon start to post my own threads ... It's about to get real in a couple of weeks.

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Haha (+1) 1