[Vague Title] Can Some One Help Me Please ?

Okay go ahead and say it for all you wise guys out there . I know what your thinking I'll just say it & you can add to it "There is no help for me" there feel happier ?

My question is what exactly is this 30% rule in regards to contracts is this something new or is it just something that wasn't talked about much ?

Every time i go to the Rumblings web site & the guys talk about contract implications for the players that will be up for new contracts they always talk about of coarse the new CBA & always make mention about the 30% rule & i have no clue what they are talking about !

I know i've never been considered the brightest bulb in the socket, the sharpest nail in the box, the most useful tool in the shed, but I guess i just missed the memo on this or i'm just not as big a fan as the rest of you that do know what this is because i just don't know what they are talking about . SORRY ...

Wonder twin smart a**  Bills fans power commence ? !! Oh & thanks to the person that actually answers the question in lay mans terms, much appreciated !!

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26073422/nfl-cba-quirks-a-big-effect-2020-offseason

The '30 percent' rule

Article 13, Section 7 of the CBA mandates that "no player contract extending into a season beyond the Final League Year may provide for an annual increase in salary ... of more than 30 percent of the salary provided for in the Final League Year, per year, either in the season after the Final League Year or in any subsequent season covered by the Player Contract."

So if a player signs a five-year contract this offseason, and his 2020 salary is $10 million, the rules state his scheduled 2021, 2022 and 2023 salaries can't be higher than $13 million, $16 million and $19 million, respectively. And yes, there are already contracts on the books that reflect this. The deal Odell Beckham Jr. signed with the Giants last summer, for example, provides for a higher salary this year ($17 million) than in 2020 ($14.25 million), 2021 ($15.75 million), 2022 ($15 million) and 2023 ($15 million).

12 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26073422/nfl-cba-quirks-a-big-effect-2020-offseason

The '30 percent' rule

Article 13, Section 7 of the CBA mandates that "no player contract extending into a season beyond the Final League Year may provide for an annual increase in salary ... of more than 30 percent of the salary provided for in the Final League Year, per year, either in the season after the Final League Year or in any subsequent season covered by the Player Contract."

So if a player signs a five-year contract this offseason, and his 2020 salary is $10 million, the rules state his scheduled 2021, 2022 and 2023 salaries can't be higher than $13 million, $16 million and $19 million, respectively. And yes, there are already contracts on the books that reflect this. The deal Odell Beckham Jr. signed with the Giants last summer, for example, provides for a higher salary this year ($17 million) than in 2020 ($14.25 million), 2021 ($15.75 million), 2022 ($15 million) and 2023 ($15 million).

Thank you sir your a gentlemen & a scholar !! NEXT TOPIC !! 

Edited by T master
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, T master said:

Okay, go ahead and say it for all you wise guys out there . I know what your're thinking. I'll just say it &and you can add to it "There is no help for meyou!". There, feel happier ?

My question is what exactly is this 30% rule inwith regards to contracts? Is this something new or is it just something that wasn't talked about much ?

Every time I go to the Rumblings web site & the guys talk about contract implications for the players that will be up for new contracts they always talk about, of coarse course, the new CBA &  and always make mention aboutof the 30% rule, & and I have no clue what they are talking about!

I know I've never been considered the brightest bulb in the socket, the sharpest nail in the box, the most useful tool in the shed, [maybe expand on this concept] but I guess i just missed the memo on this or [no I think, you were right the first time] I'm just not as big a fan as the rest of you. that do know what this is because i just don't know what they are talking about [superfluous, this is already evident]. SORRY ...[apology seems insincere]

Wonder twin smart a**  Bills fans power commence ? !! Oh & thanks to the person that actually answers the question in lay mans  layman's terms,. Much appreciated !!

I did my best.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I did my best.

Thanks Mr. Jauronimo, if i need a two door i know where to go ? I always did wonder about the course thing though it's kind of like to, too and, two i guess I just smoked to much weed in english class well not in class just before it ?  AH the good ole days !!

Edited by T master

45 minutes ago, T master said:

Okay go ahead and say it for all you wise guys out there . I know what your thinking I'll just say it & you can add to it "There is no help for me" there feel happier ?

My question is what exactly is this 30% rule in regards to contracts is this something new or is it just something that wasn't talked about much ?

Every time i go to the Rumblings web site & the guys talk about contract implications for the players that will be up for new contracts they always talk about of coarse the new CBA & always make mention about the 30% rule & i have no clue what they are talking about !

I know i've never been considered the brightest bulb in the socket, the sharpest nail in the box, the most useful tool in the shed, but I guess i just missed the memo on this or i'm just not as big a fan as the rest of you that do know what this is because i just don't know what they are talking about . SORRY ...

Wonder twin smart a**  Bills fans power commence ? !! Oh & thanks to the person that actually answers the question in lay mans terms, much appreciated !!

the sharpest nail? In the box? 

Pure Gold Jerry?

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, T master said:

Thanks Mr. Jauronimo, if i need a two door tutor? i know where to go ? I always did wonder about the course thing though. It's kind of like to, too and, two. I guess I just smoked too much weed in english class. Well not in class but just before it ?  AH the good ole days !!

Happy to help. I always get confused with tutors, tudors, and two doors as well.

You can imagine just how confusing it was for me when they insisted I get after school help in History because I thought a small coupe had beheaded his 7 wives.  

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

One issue that I can’t find an answer to is how signing and other bonuses factor into the 30% rule, if at all.  I can’t find where it does, but it seems like bonuses could be used to get around the rule if they are not included.

5 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

The '30 percent' rule

So, it seems the goal of this is to prevent back-loading of contracts.