MMQB: Bills spent considerable time with top WRs including Jeudy and Lamb

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Why? There is a lot of WR depth but only 3 that everyone agrees are immediate #1 WRs in the NFL. That is the player we need. I mean we need another #2/#3 as well but getting the true #1 is the priority. The way this draft class looks we could trade up for a #1 and still get a depth WR in rounds 4-7. In fact I hope that's exactly what we do.

So the question is how high are you willing to move ? 

9 minutes ago, Putin said:

So the question is how high are you willing to move ? 

Personally I'd be willing to give up next year's 1st for Lamb or Ruggs, or this year's 2nd for Jeudy. That's just my preference based on the very limited research I've done on each. Others who have scouted them extensively will have more knowledgeable opinions.

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

If Beane trades up for a WR, in this class, I'll lose a lot of faith in his judgement.

A lot of the so called quality WRs will not make it.  If they believe strongly that one will be great why not trade up to acquire a great player at a position of need.  If they can stay put and get a WR of equal value to the ones take earlier then great.  Many believe that the top 3 are much better than the 2nd tier.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

2 hours ago, Magox said:

That's a whole lot of WR's they've talked to....Hard to extrapolate what they are going to do aside from choose a WR somewhere in the draft but if I had to take a guess there may be a decent chance they will select a couple.   

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating.

Let's see who they meet with when they have the private workouts. Those will be key.

3 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

If Beane trades up for a WR, in this class, I'll lose a lot of faith in his judgement.

I think his judgement has been just fine on movement in draft.

If they move up to get a stud WR that immediately becomes the #1 for 4-5 years, is that worth a move up? 

this team is in a very different place than when Sammy happened. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If they move up to get a stud WR that immediately becomes the #1 for 4-5 years, is that worth a move up? 

The Sammy phallacy  

16 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

1st for Kupp... more like a 2nd and a 5th or 4th

So who is the BEST WR in this draft ?? 

Or is this like the  year when we drafted J Allen when there were 4 QB ‘s and we had no idea which one would go 1st , 2nd, or even 3rd & 4th 

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I agree and also... Sammy was really good. People forget this. He did get traded and dealt with the foot thing, and the draft trade wasn’t wise in hindsight. We had no one else at WR and he had to step in and be WR1 right away.  But not like he wasn’t really good when he played. Our WR room is different now. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s a faster Jarvis Landry. I would consider him in the 2nd. I don’t completely trust his hands. I feel that is going to be a huge factor in their pick unless they take more than one WR.

He had one of the worst QB’s throwing to him. He was wide open on so many plays, the pass was off its mark or the QB didn’t even see him. He made so many circus catches this year, I really don’t think his hands will be a issue. The only issue he has is route running but that is the one trait that is easily coached up. Jalen Reagor could easily be one of the best WR’s from this draft

27 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This has nothing to do with Sammy Watkins and everything to do with the depth of the position in the class.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s a faster Jarvis Landry. I would consider him in the 2nd. I don’t completely trust his hands. I feel that is going to be a huge factor in their pick unless they take more than one WR.

Its tough, because, while Reagor had among the lowest, if not the lowest catchable pass rate of any WR in this class, I think he was also credited with nine or so drops. So, while Reagor does have some electric talent, the hands are something worth noting.

1 hour ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

A lot of the so called quality WRs will not make it.  If they believe strongly that one will be great why not trade up to acquire a great player at a position of need.  If they can stay put and get a WR of equal value to the ones take earlier then great.  Many believe that the top 3 are much better than the 2nd tier.

Every year we go thru this at the WR position, and almost every draft the second round and beyond out produce the the first round.

There is no doubting the top three have elite attributes, but you absolutely do not look at this class and assume that there is no way you arent going to find top tier talent littered up and down.

There is a reason this is being talked about as a historic class.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Personally I'd be willing to give up next year's 1st for Lamb or Ruggs, or this year's 2nd for Jeudy. That's just my preference based on the very limited research I've done on each. Others who have scouted them extensively will have more knowledgeable opinions.

One year has passed since Buffalo considered trading for Antonio Brown, who was and probably still is anything but a "process" guy.  That attempt revealed that they see a distinct need and while John Brown is a nice supporting type, they can't just feature complementary WRs. 

McBeane are all-in on Josh Allen and not surrounding him with better receivers is doing a disservice to their highest draft pick in 3 off-seasons.  I would not be surprised to see them go out of the box in either UFA or the draft in a big swing to get a top receiver. 

If they don't, the offense and their starting QB won't either make the leap they need. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Why? There is a lot of WR depth but only 3 that everyone agrees are immediate #1 WRs in the NFL. That is the player we need. I mean we need another #2/#3 as well but getting the true #1 is the priority. The way this draft class looks we could trade up for a #1 and still get a depth WR in rounds 4-7. In fact I hope that's exactly what we do.

It's a mismanagement of assets. The depth of the class allows you to wait. 

Look at last year as an example 

Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, etc...

To assume if you dont get one of the top three that you automatically can't find a good player is asinine. 

• Thank you (+1) 1