MMQB: Bills spent considerable time with top WRs including Jeudy and Lamb

For what it’s worth, the Bills spent a considerable time with the top receivers in the class at Indy—including Alabama’s Jerry Jeudy and Oklahoma’s CeeDee Lamb. Those sorts of things aren’t always a tell, but Buffalo could use a No. 1 to pair with complementary weapons Cole Beasley and John Brown. And they’re picking at 22, right around where there could be a run on them.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/02/tom-brady-bill-belichick-patriots-nfl-comb

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's amazing how similar their measurables are.  I'm normally against a trade up in the first round.  It just costs too much, IMO.  However I'd consider it for Jeudy - I think he's going to be special.  Even though they have similar playing styles - the way Jeudy runs routes and has a lot of nasty in his game, I'd only consider it for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

They could just be doing due diligence in case one of them falls. I wouldnt be surprised if Beane was the  one who leaked that report about nfl personnel “disappointed in Lamb’s athleticism” haha 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

These two are as good of WR prospects as you are going to get.  Jeudy has the edge on cutting ability, Lamb has the better hands.  If its a 1 and a 2 to get them, I'm heavily considering it.  But I don't think I could stomach 2 1st rounders.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Putin said:

What’s your opinion on Jalen Reagor from TCU ? To be honest I would mind him or Ruggs III 

I think he’s a faster Jarvis Landry. I would consider him in the 2nd. I don’t completely trust his hands. I feel that is going to be a huge factor in their pick unless they take more than one WR.

5 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

These two are as good of WR prospects as you are going to get.  Jeudy has the edge on cutting ability, Lamb has the better hands.  If its a 1 and a 2 to get them, I'm heavily considering it.  But I don't think I could stomach 2 1st rounders.

Has better hands and RAC.  His ability with the ball in his hands is up there with any WR in the league currently imo

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Putin said:

I believe both will be gone before our pick at 22

I think the point is that they could make a move up. Beane isnt afraid to move up in the draft. Allen, Edmunds, Ford all were traded up for in the early rounds.

If one of the bigger 3 (Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson) make it to 15 or beyond I could see him making a move.

Interesting to say the least. I'm not super big on trading up for a WR in a class like this, but I know Beane can't help himself sometimes and I imagine the top 3 WRs are all very tempting to him.

#14 ahead of Denver seems like the sweet spot if he doesn't care which of the 3 he gets (though there's a chance they're all taken at that point too). #10 ahead of the Jets, Raiders, Colts, and Broncos makes sense if Beane wants to go up and get a specific guy.

Edit: To put in perspective what we're talking about in terms of price, Pittsburgh sent #20, #52, and a future 3rd to move up to #10 last year so it would cost something close to a 1, a 2, and a 3 for us. Maybe slightly more than that depending on how high we want to go.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s a faster Jarvis Landry. I would consider him in the 2nd. I don’t completely trust his hands. I feel that is going to be a huge factor in their pick unless they take more than one WR.

I’m not as down on his hands as many. I worry more that a fair amount of his concentration lapses are due to apathy and then trying too hard when he did get the ball. In other words, he seemed mentally affected by poor QB play. If you watch the complete games you can see him visibly frustrated. Granted there were plays where he’d be wide open during a read and the QB would go elsewhere, passes sailed over his head, behind him, etc. That coupled with his poor run blocking are my dings on Reagor. Flipeside is that there’s tape of him chasing down a db from behind after an int and stripping the ball out with Don Beene effort. ?‍♂️...

With that in mind, I think you can get a similar player in Lynn Bowden Jr later, and Bowden doesn’t have any real knocks other than rusty route running from playing QB. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m not as down on his hands as many. I worry more that a fair amount of his concentration lapses are due to apathy and then trying too hard when he did get the ball. In other words, he seemed mentally affected by poor QB play. If you watch the complete games you can see him visibly frustrated. Granted there were plays where he’d be wide open during a read and the QB would go elsewhere, passes sailed over his head, behind him, etc. That coupled with his poor run blocking are my dings on Reagor. Flipeside is that there’s tape of him chasing down a FB from behind after an int and stripping the ball out with Don Beene effort. ?‍♂️...

With that in mind, I think you can get a similar player in Lynn Bowden Jr later, and Bowden doesn’t have any real knocks other than rusty route running from playing QB. 

I have a feeling Bowden is going to go pretty late. Teams will be digging Up some info on him from HS. The value is there, he’s an ok kid. He also punts! I was at this game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's a whole lot of WR's they've talked to....Hard to extrapolate what they are going to do aside from choose a WR somewhere in the draft but if I had to take a guess there may be a decent chance they will select a couple.   

• Like (+1) 1