Updated: Yannick tweets again

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

They would not get much for him in that case.  July 15th is the cutoff for a tagged player to sign a multi year deal.

It’s either that, or cave now and try to unload him for low value. I don’t know what they are asking, but I’ve got to think a lot of teams would at least give up a low 1st rounder and some change for him.

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

It’s either that, or cave now and try to unload him for low value. I don’t know what they are asking, but I’ve got to think a lot of teams would at least give up a low 1st rounder and some change for him.

I'd expect something to happen at the draft now.   

I can't see a good outcome for the Jags if they wait to unload him after that...

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'd expect something to happen at the draft now.   

I can't see a good outcome for the Jags if they wait to unload him after that...

I can’t see a good outcome for the Jags with Marrone paddling the speed boat...

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2020 at 10:13 AM, whatdrought said:

This is an interesting situation because it could, potentially, really shine a light on the misuse of the franchise tag. I don’t remember many situations where guys have straight up said “I don’t want to be here, and I’m not signing” only to have the team slap the tag on them anyways. The tag was meant to be a bridge to a long term deal, but that’s clearly not the case here. 

it has changed to a bridge to protect their investment pending an upcoming expected trade.

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

The Jags are playing this right.  They screwed up a lot, but at this point it’s their best option.  They’ve got 3 months to let it play out.  No sense rushing it while Clowney and others are on the market.  Let that clean up and then the remaining teams with a need at DE will know he’s all that’s left.  Or they make him play the year out. 

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

...part of the privilege of still having a guy under contract...

He's not under contract until he signs the franchise tender, right? He has the right to sit out most of the year. Unless he already signed it.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Free Yannick!

I'm sure the Jaguars will eventually trade him.

Does anyone think that Ngakoue will get the big contract he's looking for? Especially since Clowney is not getting the offers he wants, or are both situations different?

22 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm sure the Jaguars will eventually trade him.

Does anyone think that Ngakoue will get the big contract he's looking for? Especially since Clowney is not getting the offers he wants, or are both situations different?

I doubt he gets exactly what he's looking for from the Jags, but I also think his price tag will be slightly lower for anyone not the Jags.

Not sure what is going on with Clowney. Whether its the penalties or the injury history or what. It's a little different situation with those factors.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I doubt he gets exactly what he's looking for from the Jags, but I also think his price tag will be slightly lower for anyone not the Jags.

Not sure what is going on with Clowney. Whether its the penalties or the injury history or what. It's a little different situation with those factors.

Considering how much he wants to gtfo Jacksonville he might take a discount to help make that happen?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Considering how much he wants to gtfo Jacksonville he might take a discount to help make that happen?

For sure, and I mentioned as much. So far, all the figures we've heard are what he's asked from the Jags, where he doesnt want to be.

Send him where he wants to play, and I'd bet he'd take a little less.

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For sure, and I mentioned as much. So far, all the figures we've heard are what he's asked from the Jags, where he doesnt want to be.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Makes plenty of sense.

I just wonder what Ngakoue's lowest number per year is. 18 million?